Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:06 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Ft. Lauderdale Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port

2500 Stirling Road Hollywood, Florida US 33020

Ft. Lauderdale Hampton Inn (4 Photos)

Hampton Inn Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port

I chose this hotel for an overnight stay based on location. Next door was a La Quinta Inn and across the street was a Marriott Springhill Suites and a Hilton Garden Inn. I had stayed at the Garden Inn last year but this time around the Hampton Inn had a better rate.

Check In

I checked in the day before I arrived through the Hilton app. The room I had reserved was a 2 double bed room but in the app I was able to select a 1 bedroom suite with a king bed. This Hilton property is also set up with Digital Key which allows you to unlock your room door and hotel access doors through the Hilton app. Using the app to check in and get my key allowed me to bypass the front desk completely, entering the hotel through a side door right next to my room.

I'm really glad that this exists, allowing you to cut a step out of the process of getting into your room. I view it as the equivalent of being able to get your boarding pass on your phone and not having to go to the kiosk.

Room

As I mentioned earlier, I had originally booked a 2 double bed room (because it had the lowest rate) but was able to select a 1 bedroom suite upon check in. I'm going to say this is because I have Gold status through a credit card so that I can justify the annual fee but it may have been an option for everyone. The living room had a pull-out couch, armchair, TV, and dining table. The kitchen had 2-burner electric stove, microwave, dishwasher, and fridge.

4_2018-06-21 16.24.15.jpg

2018-06-21 16.24.30.jpg

At the back of the living room was a hallway that led to the bedroom and bathroom. The sink with vanity was at the end of the hallway. The bathroom contained a shower and toilet. 

2018-06-21 16.25.43.jpg

2018-06-21 16.25.56.jpg

The hotel is about a block away from the I-95. It's also adjacent to a big shopping center with a number of chain stores and restaurants which, while nothing special, is convenient if you're just trying to eat and go to sleep like I was.

Overall

Getting the suite was a nice perk and makes me sad that I wasn't there long to enjoy it. All in all, the hotel was completely satisfactory for my needs and I would definitely look to stay there again.

Ft. Lauderdale Hampton Inn

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton Inn Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:13 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

If anyone has any idea how to flip the pictures I'd greatly appreciate the assistance. I just used the "Add Picture" button and they showed up upside down. I even tried changing them to be upside down to begin with but it didn't work out.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:12 am

Question your photos

are upside down; can you correct that thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.