Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Prebooked Reservation then making next status level?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond

I have a question. What happens to prebooked reservations when status changes.

I have a couple of trips booked for later this year. I booked them when I was GM and making PM this week on my next flight.

As i understand when booking a reservation as a PM i can choose the c+ seats right after booking usually.

Will I be able to pick comfort seats immediately on the prebooked reservations after I quality for PM?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: Skymiles GM
Yes, I believe you will be able to.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 5:53 am

Platinum status will be awarded 24 hours after your flight points are awarded. At this point go in to each future reservation and uncheck then recheck upgrade requests.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In the past, some folks reported better results after removing and then reapplying the FF number after status was increased. It can also help to log out and log back in again. Unchecking and then rechecking the upgrade request resets the time stamp, so do this ASAP after DL recognizes the new status.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jun 24, 2018 at 4:35 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond
Thanks you guys all are awesome !
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:26 pm

Note that you will not officially be PM until the day after your qualifying flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.