Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you have a Green Card or US Visa?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Do you have a Green Card or US Visa?

I am flying out of the US to VCE and back on BA. In filling out additional passenger info tab, I was asked this question. The three options are: I have a GC, I have a visa and I don't have either. I am a little confused being a US Citizen as to what option to pick.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As a US Citizen, I would assume that you have neither
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
I presume this is because BA doesn't think you're traveling on a US passport. Do you have another passport registered on BA's system?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Dan72
I presume this is because BA doesn't think you're traveling on a US passport. Do you have another passport registered on BA's system?
Thanks, I am pretty sure this is the only one.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The answer is the third option. You do not have either. If you are naturalized, the GC would have been cancelled when you became a citizen and the visa when you became an LPR.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Dan72
Or could it be that no passport is registered in the API yet?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
If you put in a US passport in the information, it will ignore any answers to the Visa/GC question, tho' sometimes it does still show it - the page is not responsive that way.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
Or could it be that no passport is registered in the API yet?
That could be it. This happens on additional passenger info page, also requires passport info. The page does have info asking me as to which country the passport is from and I thought the API page would change the options based on my selection of US passport, but I guess it does not.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarkedMan
If you put in a US passport in the information, it will ignore any answers to the Visa/GC question, tho' sometimes it does still show it - the page is not responsive that way.
I have tried this at least half a dozen times from two different computers and networks and it does not ignore Visa/GC question. I also keyed in my Global Entry and still the page does not respond.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by jediwho
I have tried this at least half a dozen times from two different computers and networks and it does not ignore Visa/GC question. I also keyed in my Global Entry and still the page does not respond.
The latter will at least get you into Pre-check for the outbound trip, now that BA is participating.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by jediwho
Interesting, haven't had to do it in a while, may have to go have a look, so much has changed on the site the last couple of months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.