Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Online Petition to Marriott - Recognize SPG LTP with MR LTPP

Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle

In countries that aren't ruled with iron firsts / dictators, the population bonds together for things that they mutually care about. In this case with SPG being swallowed up by MR we are at a critical juncture of delivering a message that as SPG customers we are NOT happy with the announcement of SPG LTP not being allowed LTPP now or ever in the future.

I nor any of the loyal SPG members want to defect to HIlton, IHG or other loyalty programs. We love our brands and the loyalty program. The SPG loyalty program is going away and it is exciting as I think we all are excited about the future, although lamenting losing SPG. With this in mind we want to deliver a message that while excited by the future we have a BIG issues with the fact that LTPP is never going to be allowed to be awarded to us.

Now is the time to act and we respectfully want MR to allow SPG LTP to be recognized now ideally with MR LTPP. At the very least we would like a pathway to earn this status which will acknowledge our past loyalty while solidifying our plans to remain loyal as we would be treated fairly.

Marriott please listen to us, SPG was our past, but please treat us equally to ensure Marriott is in our future.

Please reply with I" AGREE" which will signify our collective request.

You , me, we us, together. ^
SC Alum and niteowl94 like this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, United Premierl Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I agree
Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
I agree
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:26 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
I agree, so long as the legacy SPG member has either of the following at the time of conversion by December 31, 2018: 1) 750 nights and the equivalent of 1.8M points (after using the x3 multiplier to original SPG points) in the SPG program, or 2) that same total in the combined SPG and MR programs. To give anything less than LTPP to these loyalty guests discriminates against those from the SPG program and in favor of the MR program.

I'll have by August a little over 700 nights and at least 1.8 mil. pts (incl. the x3 multiplier) just in SPG. My combined total with MR will be 950 nights and about 2.1 million points. If I only receive LTP, I won't consider this a fair conversion. IIRC, the UA/CO airline program mergers did credit mileage earned in both programs to determine where one stood in the new LT merged program. All I'm asking is that the same be done here, and also recognize those who've done the equivalent just in the SPG program.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:14 am

I agree, and I joined Flyertalk today to respond to posts such as this. 1,000 nights plus with SPG and 500 nights plus with Marriott, over 1,600 nights overall and over $400,000 combined spend and yet there is a lifetime level higher than mine, offensive is really what it is.
neo_781, tfong007, wimvlb and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Yes, I think they should combine the numbers from both programs to determine what your status will be in the new program (and not just because that will put me at LTPP). When I first read the release, it did feel like a slap in the face for SPG lifers. But as I read subsequent posts, they will be merging accounts before deciding which accounts get LTPP and all (nothing official yet). Getting hung up on tier names will put you in a mental tail spin!

Unfortunately an FT survey will probably never reach MR even if it was posted in the MR forum. MR gave up on FT years ago in favor of their own board, Marriott Insiders, so they can control the content which FT would not allow. The Lurkers may be able to push this info up the chain, but I don't think it's fair to ask that of them. If you really want this thread to get some traction, try starting a thread on MI and link it here so FTers can get to it directly. Otherwise, individual contacts with MR CSRs may get MR to say something directly to the members (and not just hearsay repeated by the CSRs).
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I would consider it unfair to give LTPP to *every* SPG LTP as 500 nights <<< 750 nights that Marriott requires for MR LTP and the new LTPP. Since MR has a revenue requirement, the same should be imposed on any SPG LTP that is being given LTPP. In fact, for fun, the cheaper Starwood brands should have their point earnings reduced by half in making the calculation of lifetime revenue, which is what Marriott does.

While there are certainly some SPG LTPs that could satisfy the tougher Marriott LTP requirements, I believe that this group is a minority. Swelling the elite ranks greatly at this time will not help those who have genuinely earned the status the hard way and could lead to further unfairness claims by those who can meet any reduced standard at some later date.

Where do I sign the petition opposing the proposal that all SPG LTPOs be given LTPP?
imverge, tfred, emikelaw and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:43 am

i agree
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:05 am

I agree.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: UA MP (DH is MM 1K, so yeah! so am I!), SPG Platinum/LTG, Marriott Platinum Premier/LT Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I would consider it unfair to give LTPP to *every* SPG LTP as 500 nights <<< 750 nights that Marriott requires for MR LTP and the new LTPP. Since MR has a revenue requirement, the same should be imposed on any SPG LTP that is being given LTPP. In fact, for fun, the cheaper Starwood brands should have their point earnings reduced by half in making the calculation of lifetime revenue, which is what Marriott does.
Fair enough. Let’s also have all Marriott LTPs also have had to have *Platinum* for 10 years to get LTPP. And let’s give all SPG Amex holders 1night for every $3k they spent on the card.
Football Fan and spgplat21 like this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jmkclee

Fair enough. Let’s also have all Marriott LTPs also have had to have *Platinum* for 10 years to get LTPP. And let’s give all SPG Amex holders 1night for every $3k they spent on the card.
OK with me. In fact, I'd even like to see the MR 12 years in program requirement (that earlier MR LTPs had to satisfy) come back as well as the earlier higher revenue requirement and, while we're changing the rules, let's increase the 750 nights significantly, to at least 1500-2000 and give more benefits to LTPP. <I want my own giraffe that I don't have to share with anyone.>

Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
I agree
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
I agree with the petition and totally don't agree with MSPeconomist. . If we have over 750 nights and over 2 million points there should not be any debate.

There is a facebook group that is called spg lifetime Platinum 750+ that all of you agreeing should join. I believe they sent a letter to David Flueck and he responded. Join the group and see the reply from David.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I agree.

Can you share how David responded? Facebook is not accessible where I live. Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Nice initiative, my situation not the same being LTG with 750+ Nights and 2M points (3*sp), anyway lets hope something good comes out of it ... LTP 750+ to LTPP and LTG 750+ to LTP ,,,, a guy can always dream

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.