Wiki Posts
Search

BA 767, what route?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BRK-B
BA 767, what route?

Since I have heard that BA 767 will be gone by the end of this year, what route are they flying to (apart from EDI, FRA, LCA, ATH)?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Noppasit
Since I have heard that BA 767 will be gone by the end of this year, what route are they flying to (apart from EDI, FRA, LCA, ATH)?
On top of my head: MAD (BA456/457) and ZRH (BA716/717), probably ARN as well.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
From thebasource.com, they have been seen in AMS, ATH, EDI, FRA, LCA, MAD, FCO, CDG, GVA in the last 30 days but I suspect the OP's initial list is probably the more frequent destinations.

I can't remember the last time I was on one but have happy memories (at times) of the weekly DME route in both SH and LH formation
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
and a couple of lhr-gla rotations most days, maybe not sundays
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
NCE also this summer

I believe they are operating 767s on BA346/7 and BA348/9 on certain days of the week. I know this as I try to avoid them.

Cheers
Steve
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by Boyfrombiot
I believe they are operating 767s on BA346/7 and BA348/9 on certain days of the week. I know this as I try to avoid them.

Cheers
Steve
There might be a fair few doing the same thing - I have never been on a LHR-FRA / FRA-LHR 767 that wasn’t pretty empty, whereas the A319 on the same route is usually full.

Am guessing that BA will replace the 767 on this route with more A319.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Mackle

There might be a fair few doing the same thing - I have never been on a LHR-FRA / FRA-LHR 767 that wasn’t pretty empty, whereas the A319 on the same route is usually full.

Am guessing that BA will replace the 767 on this route with more A319.
But the A319s will all go to LGW.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
LHR-ARN on BA780, BA781.

​​
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Someone in BA management suggested to me that it may lead to more use, tactically, of longhaul aircraft from time to time on routes such as MAD, ARN, ZRH, GVA and domestically. They are looking at ways of doing what Cathay do to slip a shorthaul trip between longhauls. That kind of happens already occasionally, but I doubt it will form a significant part of the schedule in the medium term. 767s were also good for cargo movements.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I have a brief family holiday in Cyprus next month and the seat map is currently showing a 767 on the LHR-LCA in both directions.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:56 am

As posted above, the 767 is a daily fixture to and from ARN, and has been for as long as I can remember.
This due to specific cargo going between the cities. My guess is BA will want to keep a long-haul AC on this rotation post 767 exit from fleet.
So either a tired 788 or 777.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I've had plenty of MAD runs on them lately. It's usually the 0630 456 as stated. Flight crews seem to like it as they're back and done by early afternoon. It doesn't seem to do more than 2 sectors a day as far as I can tell. There seem to be about 6-7 a/c left and maybe 20-25 fight crews I'd guess.

IRC they also used one for the international womens day flight recently (where all the people involved in the flight were women - from dispatchers and baggage handlers, through check in and gate staff and other ground crew right the way to the CC and both pilots - was pretty impressive).

I for one will miss them. Although my last outbound flight the window blind was held on with duct tape so maybe retirement is due ;-)
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:04 am

1st out to ams daily and it's return flight home , done it last weekend but outbound was changed to a 321, return was 767.
Asked a member of cabin crew why this is used for such a quick up and down, which she said the amount of cargo it carries
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
NCE sees a fair bit of 767 action

I won't missing getting my baggage in the overhead !
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by florens
But the A319s will all go to LGW.
So which plane will be doing the LHR-FRA runs in future?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.