Wiki Posts
Search

HBO allowance in CE after POUG?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
HBO allowance in CE after POUG?

I've just noticed in Manage My Booking that the upgraded (POUG) CE leg of a HBO round trip is still showing 'Hand Baggage Only'. It won't affect me as I'm travelling both ways as HBO but interesting that it kept my initial (HBO) baggage allowance.

Is this a bug or an enhancement?

Is this to discourage people buying HBO tickets and then POUGing their way to 2x32kg baggage allowance each way?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by streetmagix
I've just noticed in Manage My Booking that the upgraded (POUG) CE leg of a HBO round trip is still showing 'Hand Baggage Only'. It won't affect me as I'm travelling both ways as HBO but interesting that it kept my initial (HBO) baggage allowance.

Is this a bug or an enhancement?

Is this to discourage people buying HBO tickets and then POUGing their way to 2x32kg baggage allowance each way?
You should get the regular CE baggage allowance it sounds like a bug.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:33 am

It is a bug and you are definitely entitled to the 2 checked bags. I have however had issues at bag drop desks, particularly at outstations, with the agents claiming my ticket was still HBO. It may be worth keeping a link to a reference on the BA website or an email/tweet from customer services to confirm this to save any arguements.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
When you check in on such a ticket you get asked how many bags you wish to check in so I would say you have a bug.

For some reason though - POUGs seem to confuse check in agents - I kept getting asked today if I had upgraded with miles when I tried to cancel a POUG booking.

Regards

aks120
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Provokes a thought... would be good if there could be a slightly cheaper Debundled POUG for HBO disciples which retains the original allowance.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Many thanks everyone, I had assumed it was a bug and it looks like I was correct. I've only ever POUGed from a 'full' fare with baggage. I can rest easy now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.