Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First Lounge London Gatwick | Catering options

Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the First lounge at LGW. This lounge is open to oneworld Emerald members, and passengers travelling in First oneworld.

Catering options - other LGW lounge
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

Catering options - LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2019
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017/2018/2019 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2018
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Not sure if this is still the current LGW lounge catering thread.

Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
Not sure if this is still the current LGW lounge catering thread.
It is, but it is probably worth updating what has happened here.

When this thread [before the split noted below] was started, LGW First North didn't have a proper kitchen, just a broom cupboard, a fridge, a freezer and a couple of microwaves. So the Flounge menu there was somewhat constrained to zapping bacon baguettes. With the new South terminal BA have ended up with a kitchen which I think is significantly bigger than T5 CCR+Flounge. So the LGW Flounge now offers exactly the same menu as Flounge T5 and T3, which in turn is almost identical to the lounge menu in CCR. Breakfast in all the Flounges doesn't much change, the "rest of the day" menu does change monthly on the same day as LHR. The LGW First buffet is smaller than T5 and T3. however, given the much lower footfall compared to LHR.

Flounge LGW now opens at 05:15, the above menu is not available until 07:00 hrs, but the hot buffet is available.

So going forward any LGW user can see the current Rest of the Day menu in the CCR menu thread, which is often updated within seconds of it entering service! Just forget the Club sandwich.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Mar 17, 2018 at 7:24 am
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I have taken the liberty of setting this up as a new thread. (Originally posted at the tail end of the First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 thread) A link to this thread will be added to the BA forum dashboard.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thanks for the original post, and the move!

Not a big [or picky!] Lounge eater, but I've been very content with the offering in the LGW FLounge. Only used the Buffet ... I must try the Brought to Table offerings one day.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I can recommend the boiled eggs and soldiers, simple but tasty with the eggs cooked how you like them (obviously 'dippy eggs' are best )
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by T8191
Thanks for the original post, and the move!

Not a big [or picky!] Lounge eater, but I've been very content with the offering in the LGW FLounge. Only used the Buffet ... I must try the Brought to Table offerings one day.
I can heartily recommend the salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast, The BA Burger isnt as bad as people make out but the pasta offerings are usually spot on.

T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:59 am

I'm glad to see the black pudding is still there.
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
The BA Burger isnt as bad as people make out
I find that the burger is much nicer at Gatwick. Plus the chips don't seem to be oven chips as at Heathrow, either...
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Yesterday I had the Sri Lankan chicken curry and that was very nice sorry I didnt post the menu as it was my first visit since the move from the North and thought the menu was posted already. Ive been using other oneworld airlines or LHR until yesterday.
John
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
I find that the burger is much nicer at Gatwick. Plus the chips don't seem to be oven chips as at Heathrow, either...
Exactly the same chips, different oven.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:49 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It is, but it is probably worth updating what has happened here.

Flounge LGW now opens at 05:15, the above menu is not available until 07:00 hrs, but the hot buffet is available.
When did that start Sugar? I was there only a week ago and it was was 5.15 for the Business Lounge with the Flounge opening later. I went and slummed it ( it the Business Lounge and thought how pleasant it was with those views. I have the 6.15 to ALC, but needs must.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
When did that start Sugar? I was there only a week ago and it was was 5.15 for the Business Lounge with the Flounge opening later.
A very recent change. Last Monday I think. Not that I'm checking up on this, I have a severe allergy to flying at that hour.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: BA GGL
Exactly the same chips, different oven.
Having said oven at Heathrow would be very welcome then!
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:35 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
A very recent change. Last Monday I think. Not that I'm checking up on this, I have a severe allergy to flying at that hour.
You and I both. I detest them - but that was the only BA flight to ALC that day. Still, that is good - I missed it by only a few days.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: BA bronze
Until what time is breakfast available? Trying to decide whether to eat in the Vauxhall Travelodge or the First Lounge before an 11.55 flight to Lima next month! The overnight stay in London avoids the need for an 06.40 flight from Edinburgh.

Last edited by Alvador; Mar 17, 2018 at 10:46 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.