Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is United the Romper Room of Airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Is United the Romper Room of Airlines?

It seems like United Airlines is like a Kindergarten classroom with chaos by the Flight Attendants and Ground Staff. Why do we continue hearing about United Airlines making it hell for the passengers? Mr. Munoz I feel needs to be fired and there needs to be a better CEO and more accountability. How can United even fathom to be part of the Star Alliance with their constant bad reports? The media is now on to United and they now have a bad image worldwide.

I wonder if Untied may not be around in the next few years. I can't even imagine how they are able to be FAA certified under these circumstances. I know other airlines have their issues but come on it seems like United keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again and their promise to fix their image gets marred over and over again.

What says you?
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
UA served 148 million pax in 2017. Are we talking about 3 incidents or 4?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Yes but 3 or 4 incidents can be brutal and United could have handled them in a more poised and professional manner.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Ridiculous post. UA is doing an acceptable job. Not a stellar one, but acceptable considering the current state of most US airlines. I am getting what I paid for.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
United net income in 2017 was 2.1 Billion

Despite the Dao incident. They aren't going anywhere.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
These incidents have affected my travel on UA by a factor of 0 to the 0 power. You really think a legacy airline is going to go out of business over a dog and a front tooth?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by danielonn
It seems like United Airlines is like a Kindergarten classroom with chaos by the Flight Attendants and Ground Staff. Why do we continue hearing about United Airlines making it hell for the passengers? Mr. Munoz I feel needs to be fired and there needs to be a better CEO and more accountability. How can United even fathom to be part of the Star Alliance with their constant bad reports? The media is now on to United and they now have a bad image worldwide.

I wonder if Untied may not be around in the next few years. I can't even imagine how they are able to be FAA certified under these circumstances. I know other airlines have their issues but come on it seems like United keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again and their promise to fix their image gets marred over and over again.

What says you?
How often have/do you flown/fly on United? Better question: How many times have you ever flown on United?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:05 pm

They have an amusing amount of high profile incidents. I still think they're run better than AA though.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:09 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
We should boycott all the airlines and watch them suffer and go bankrupt... /s
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
What a bizarre prediction, , they will not go out of business , dumb
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
These incidents have affected my travel on UA by a factor of 0 to the 0 power.
It's been affected by a mathematically undefined amount? (Or by 100% if you follow the IEEE standards?)
SFHokie and chermorg like this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
Ridiculous post.
There is a "block" function on FT. @:-)
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It's been affected by a mathematically undefined amount? (Or by 100% if you follow the IEEE standards?)
Beat me to it. I was going to say lim x->0 x^x which is 1. So a 100% reduction, i.e. no UA travel at all!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by danielonn
...... How can United even fathom to be part of the Star Alliance with their constant bad reports? The media is now on to United and they now have a bad image worldwide.
I wonder if Untied may not be around in the next few years.
What says you?
Absolutely agree! I am appalled at Untied for their "romper room" mentality.
Thinking of going to the media with this latest fiasco that I experienced: on my latest Polaris flight last Wednesday there were NO AMENITY KITS supplied in J!!!
Can you believe that???

I predict Untied will go out of business in a few weeks because of this. For real.
danielonn, bbison, SFHokie and 4 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.