Inverness to Miami Questions

Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Inverness to Miami Questions

Flying this route in March and a couple of questions

How strict is the 2 hour checkin at Inverness? We have a two hour journey and will leave early to allow for minor mishaps so may arrive early.

We have a 20 hour connection at Heathrow, All on a single BA booking but connecting to AA metal. Will our bags be checked through from Inverness to Miami?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Do you want your bags to be checked through? Given this is overnight you may want them so always good to ask.

I suspect the check in desks won’t be manned much before 2 hours before. Maybe 2 and a half.
Knickam likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks,

We will have an overnight cabin bag so would prefer if our hold luggage was checked through
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
While OP's bags would be interlined from BA to AA, AA won't accept the bags from BA the day before departure. Even if BA agrees to hold the bags until the next morning and transfer them, the risk of the bags not making it on such a connection is significantly greater because it depends on an extra set of steps.

Given AA's generous carry-on rules, it should be easy to have the first 3-4 days of clothing, so I suppose if the bags are delayed a day it won't matter so much.
Knickam likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks,

In that case I think I will try and pick up the bags at Heathrow. We are going to be touring as soon as we arrive so would want to minimise the risk of missing bags.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
At the moment there is only 1 departure a day from INV and the Check in desks are pretty strict about not opening 2 hours before the flight @ INV
Knickam likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:20 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, a large number of thoroughly off-topic and frankly totally unhelpful posts have been removed. Please concentrate on answering the question posed instead of dragging the thread wildly off topic - it’s basic respect for each other and really shouldn’t be too difficult to achieve.

/mod

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.