Wiki Posts
Search

LCY Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
LCY Lounges

Does anybody know why BA is not participating in the LCY lounges?

They seem to be one of only a handful of airlines that require you to go back through the main terminal...
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
I thought the LCY lounge was land side? And the point of LCY is fast check in to gate, ie: within 20-30 minutes, rather than hanging around.
markle and clubeurope like this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Is the OP referring to the private one in the jet centre?

BA has no lounge at LCY - even Gate 24 for the BA1 flight is no more - now a normal gate.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

The airport has two lounges (first & business), located in the jet centre. They allow direct access from lounge to plane - at least if one is NOT flying on BA.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Having just done my firat LCY, and first BE for a decade or two, yesterday ... and sadly having spent some 6 hours (no choice) in the Zoo that is Departures, I have just discovered a Lounge Access chit on my BP ... flybe, operated by Blue Islands! Damn!!!

i was misled by the first bit on the BP talking about a free voucher for F&B on board!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by LCY8737
The airport has two lounges (first & business), located in the jet centre. They allow direct access from lounge to plane - at least if one is NOT flying on BA.
Do they both offer that now? I knew the first lounge did and is not compatible with BA flights as far as I am aware, but I thought anyone could use the business lounge at the Jet Centre if in possession of either a boarding pass or ticket of sorts with the relevant fee being paid. There was no tarmac transfer for this or direct aircraft access on departure as one had to trail back to the terminal and complete the security and boarding process as usual. BA would not offer this as is an off-site service so to speak and missing flights would no doubt be common place. What one does before a flight of their own accord is of course a different matter.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

It's a reasonably efficient service. Go to the jet centre, enjoy a bite or two. They take care of bags & boarding passes while you wait. Then someone takes you through a private security screening onto the airfield and and drives you to the plane. Get on the plane before boarding starts.
TyneTraveller likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Is BA still not participating in the drive to the plane aspect of the 'first class' lounge? I had a look a few weeks ago and there's no longer any airlines listed as exceptions and I did a dummy booking and it accepted my BA flight.

It looks like you can now use this service with BA.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:18 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by LCY8737
It's a reasonably efficient service. Go to the jet centre, enjoy a bite or two. They take care of bags & boarding passes while you wait. Then someone takes you through a private security screening onto the airfield and and drives you to the plane. Get on the plane before boarding starts.
Like the old Silverjet lounge at LTN. Very civilised.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Like the old Silverjet lounge at LTN. Very civilised.
Except you don't have to go to Luton for it
If it can be confirmed that LCY can now offer the full first class lounge service to BA passengers I might use it on occasion. Ł95 sounds like a lot but it could be justified at busy times particularly if you need to get some work done.
I don't see the point of their 'business class' offering though. Having to go back through the main terminal to board your flight seems more hassle than it's worth.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Just to confirm BA now fully support this service (with the exception of JFK) including private security and car to boarding steps. A little pricey but totally worth it when I arrive early to LCY and need to escape the madness. Boarding via the car is normally a good 5/10 mins before general boarding begins.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Sounds like a very civilised option.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
It is very civilized, and transfer to the plane was in a silver van which was quite comfortable. Boarded three minutes before general boarding, which meant sitting in the van for about 10 mins on the tarmac, but it was nice to get on board, stow hand luggage and have a chat with crew (including the Captain) before everyone arrived. The crew on board were decidedly more friendly after our chat, and service was that extra bit nicer and more proactive.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
Sounds like a very civilised option.
It is - champagne is actually very good and it’s a great chilled space with quite often no one else in!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by Chris9642

It is - champagne is actually very good and it’s a great chilled space with quite often no one else in!
I shall definitely try it. I have tended to avoid LCY departures if at all possible due to lack of lounge and the unpleasant "holding pen" arrangement on some of the gates, although I often fly in there from GLA. This certainly makes departing from LCY seem extremely attractive now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.