Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Pullman Danang Beach Resort

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Vo Nguyen Giap Street, Khue My Ward Ngu Hanh Son District Da Nang, Vietnam VN 59000

Pullman Danang Beach Resort (25 Photos)

I recently stayed 5 nights at the Pullman Danang Beach Resort. Overall a pleasant stay with some minor snags, the main one being the weather which is of course not hotel's fault.

In the pre-arrival communication, I had requested an airport pick up. The greeter was waiting and I was whisked away by a Mercedes mini bus, complete with cold towel and water.

1_IMG_7374.JPG

Check In

Greeted upon arrival I was immediately directed to the Infinity Bar for the check in formalities. Served a welcome drink (not THE welcome drink), I was told I was upgraded to a penthouse suite. Now I had booked a bungalow (with outdoor living concept) but the hotel felt that given the weather a suite might be better. The friendly GM joined me at this stage and I inquired whether I could see both to make up my mind.

After touring the bungalow (which was very nice if it was hot which it was not) and the suite I decided that the hotel made the right call. The suite it was.

Infinity bar:

IMG_7389.JPG

Lobby:

IMG_7390.JPG

Room

The suite was very large indeed and featured two sofas, large dining table, kitchen (full fridge and freezer, espresso machine (oldish style), microwave), bedroom and sizable bathroom with Jacuzzi and walk in shower. Toiletries were the standard Bigelow.

For the first time ever at an Accor hotels the smart TVs in the living room allowed Netflix and Amazon Prime Video access. An excellent service. Unfortunately the hotel wifi network struggled at time with video (and audio) streaming. 

The room also features a massive balcony with sea views.

The welcome amenity was already set up and was impressive.

IMG_7368.JPG

IMG_7359.JPG

IMG_7358.JPG

IMG_7361.JPG

IMG_7360.JPG

IMG_7363.JPG

IMG_7362.JPG

IMG_7365.JPG

View from the balcony:

IMG_7394.JPG

Bungalows opposite:

IMG_7396.JPG

Main hotel building and restaurant:

IMG_7395.JPG

Service

Service was ok, the main problem I think was language skills. There are loads of hotels in Danang, including many Accor hotels and other international chains, so getting staff for 5* hotels can't be easy.

The main problem was with room service. 3 out of 4 orders were wrongly delivered. Clearly an area for improvement.

Dining

My rate included breakfast which was served in the main restaurant. A massive spread with western and Vietnamese and other Asian offers was on show. It also included an egg station and a, ahem..., self service Bloody Mary bar.  At time it was crowded and owing to the room's acoustics it can get rather loud.

IMG_7372.JPG

IMG_7392.JPG

IMG_7371.JPG

As mentioned before I tried room service a couple of times and was underwhelmed by the quality (the same food is available in the main restaurant in the evenings).

The hotel has a second restaurant/bar, the Azure lounge at the beach. Food there was ok but did not exactly wow. Check out happy hour though ;)

IMG_7384.JPG

Beach

The beach was pristine but owing to the weather only some hardy souls commanded some of the loungers. Swimming in the sea was not possible to the the current and high waves.

IMG_7382.JPG

IMG_7383.JPG

IMG_7386.JPG

IMG_7387.JPG

Pool:

1_IMG_7381.JPG

The hotel is well located right at the beach and only a 15 minute drive away from the airport. Outside you will find some small shops selling essentials, local restaurants (none looked very enticing) and a plethora of massage places (decidedly not my thing).

Elite experience

I can't fault anything with regard to the Le Club recognition. Everything was pre-prepared: drinks voucher, welcome amenity (outstanding) and upgrade. Once again a testament that Asian hotels (except the Metropole) get it right. European hotels can learn a lot from their Asian friends.

Overall

Overall this was an enjoyable and relaxing stay. That said compared to some other Pullman beach resorts (say the Pullman Phuket Naithon Beach) there are areas for improvement: service and food.

If the weather is right the outdoor living bungalows must be very nice.

IMG_7378.JPG

IMG_7391.JPG

Would you like to write a review on the Pullman Danang Beach Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Dec 25, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Nice review. How did you find Danang?
Old Dec 25, 2017, 11:32 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by RJ77
Nice review. How did you find Danang?
To be honest I wouldn't rush back.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Thanks for the review starflyerGold. I’m staying here in 2 days time and have Booked this room (after discussions with the hotel, given I’m there with my family and didn’t want to risk not getting an upgrade.)

their pre-arrival communication has been exceptional, and I’m looking forward to the stay.

will be interesting to compare it.
starflyergold likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:57 am

I hope you made time to go down to Hoi An, a much, much more interesting city than Da Nang.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by largeeyes
I hope you made time to go down to Hoi An, a much, much more interesting city than Da Nang.
in Hoi An at the moment. It’s just stunning. I’ve never seen anything like it in Asia.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:17 am

I am very thankful for your assessment as it helps my city to be well known!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by PabloM

in Hoi An at the moment. It’s just stunning. I’ve never seen anything like it in Asia.
We loved it as well. We went in month of May, in beach weather and it was amazing. All the tourists leave the beach near sunset and the locals hit it. That's when the real fun starts. We ended up making facebook friends with a whole farming family, sharing some food and beer and homemade rice wine, and regularly keep in touch. The city itself is just stunning as well. One of very few places I would visit a second time.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by starflyergold
To be honest I wouldn't rush back.
Why? Not a lot going on there?

Perhaps the Hotel Royal-MGallery in Hoi An might be more interesting place to stay do you reckon?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:54 pm

nice report thanks

i like danang and moreso hoian. will give this one a try sometime soon.

did you just stay in the pullman the entire time?

did you also venture out further to the unesco area of hoian?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:58 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Amazing Pullman Danang Beach Resort

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Vo Nguyen Giap Street, Khue My Ward Ngu Hanh Son District Da Nang, Vietnam VN 59000

Amazing Pullman Danang Beach Resort (0 Photo)

We had 3 nights at the Pullman Danang Beach resort in January and absolutely loved our stay. Everything, apart from the weather was perfect. The long and short of it is that I can’t wait to come back and spend longer, and enjoy some better weather. 

Check In

We arrived by train, and had accepted the offer of a complimentary train station pickup that they offer Platinums. After spending 10 hours on the train from Nha Trang, jumping in the Mercedes mini bus felt like we were on a private limo - I guess it was. 

Cold towels, drinks and friendly smiles awaited us, but it got even better when we arrived at the hotel as all the staff were greeting us by name and we almost felt like celebrities. 

We were given an early checkin, but no upgrade, however I booked one of the Grand suites so there really wasn’t anywhere to upgrade us to.

the welcome gift was amazing, the same as has been reported here previously - loved it. 

Room

The room was amazing. We booked a Grand Suite and were only on the 3rd floor, so had a side view to the beach because right in front of us was what I believe is the owners house as previously mentioned. This was a shame as it blocks so much of the view - next time I will be requesting something on the 5th or 6th floor, or one of the cottages (we had a quick look at the cottages and they look amazing. 

Bathroom was fantastic, beds comfy, 2 toilets, large living room etc. all just perfect. 

Dining

We ate in the restaurant a fair bit and really enjoyed the food. Reasonably priced with the Accor Plus discount.

however there are also other restaurants out on the street and the food there is good as well. 

Breakfast was amazing, great food and good service. 

There’s not a lot to do in Danang, but we loved the location for being right on the beach and can see the potential of what you can do if the weather was good. Unfortunately it rained the whole time we were there, except the morning we left where it was bright blue sky - shame we had to leave the hotel at 8am. 

It’s only 40 mins to Hoi An and we loved our night there - wish we had of gone earlier in our stay so we could go back. 

Service

I was also quite sick when we got to the hotel - I’d had a dodgy meal or cocktail in Nha Trang, and it got to the point where I needed to go and see a Dr. Well, the service from the hotel was over and above. They rang and arranged an appointment for me at a medical Centre, about 25 mins away, and told me they would either call a taxi for me or get one of the hotel cars to take me when I was ready. Anyway, when I went to go, the hotel car wasn’t available, but the hotel paid for my taxi fare to get to the Dr’s. I was blown away. They didn’t have to do that, and I never expected it, but it just continued the incredible service that they offered our whole stay. 

Overall

I would easily go back. Such an amazing stay, and up there as one of our best stays at a Pullman Hotel. 

Amazing Pullman Danang Beach Resort

Would you like to write a review on the Pullman Danang Beach Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Thank you for your review PabloM. Brings back my own happy memories.

They also provided me with a complimentary pick-up from the airport. From what I understood though they offered this (complimentary pick-up and drop-off) for everybody with a booking, not just Platinum guests. That was clearly written on their website, don't know if it's still the case.

They also provide complimentary shuttle to and from Hoi An. Also loved that town very much!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:07 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FGunawan
Thank you for your review PabloM. Brings back my own happy memories.

They also provided me with a complimentary pick-up from the airport. From what I understood though they offered this (complimentary pick-up and drop-off) for everybody with a booking, not just Platinum guests. That was clearly written on their website, don't know if it's still the case.

They also provide complimentary shuttle to and from Hoi An. Also loved that town very much!
i don’t think that the airport pickup and drop off is free for everyone - I think that I saw a sign with the cost of airport transfers, but I could be wrong.

There is also the bus to Hoi An but there is a charge for that now. I can’t remember what it was, but we ended up doing a return taxi as it was a little more convenient for us.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
i don’t think that the airport pickup and drop off is free for everyone - I think that I saw a sign with the cost of airport transfers, but I could be wrong.

There is also the bus to Hoi An but there is a charge for that now. I can’t remember what it was, but we ended up doing a return taxi as it was a little more convenient for us.
I was there August 2015 apparently things like this have changed a lot...
I would still love to return to this lovely place though even without these complimentary transfers. And yes, like you said before they do treat platinum members very generously.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I couldn't find a thread for either hotel in Hoi An - the Hotel Royal or the Mercure. It would seem the latter may be exiting its agreement with Accor, as it is not bookable from 1st March onwards. I'd appreciate any insight on either hotel. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.