Community
Wiki Posts
Search

to the four _______ on DL 837 today

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
to the four _______ on DL 837 today

so I know ATL was crazy the last few days. Snow freaks (some) ppl out in ATL but the crazy-ness did not have to carry over onboard DL #837 today ATL-HNL. So i was in 5J
1) 6J sits down and within (MAYBE) 30 seconds of sitting down anxiously asking the FA "will PDB's be served" dude CHILL. You've just sat down. there are other ppl on the aircraft who may need help w luggage, seating issues, or other assistance. we are at least 30 mins from departure. CHILL
2) "genius" dude in 3D I think it was who clipped his fingernails two different times during the flight as he sat at his seat. Ew! not to mention that you'd also clipped your nails in the departure area before the flight. How long are your friggin' nails?
3) to the "wonderful" dude in 3J who checked on (translation, "badgered") his female companion in 4J probably every 10 mins during the flight and YES, even she looked annoyed.
4) oh, and to the gent in 5A who kept his window shade open the ENTIRE daylight flight. yes, I'm aware that maybe there was a medical reason or some other valid reason for doing so, all I"m saying is that I"m glad I wasn't too terribly close to you, that woulda annoyed the crap outta me for 9.5 hrs...........
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by soxfanndc
... oh, and to the gent in 5A who kept his window shade open the ENTIRE daylight flight. yes, I'm aware that maybe there was a medical reason or some other valid reason for doing so, all I"m saying is that I"m glad I wasn't too terribly close to you, that woulda annoyed the crap outta me for 9.5 hrs...........
I am one of those people who likes the shade up unless the sun is absolutely BEAMING into the cabin. Is that a faux pas? The number of people who close the shade right after takeoff has always surprised me. Now if my seatmate requests the shade to be lowered so he/she can see the video screen, I certainly do not mind that.
aacar, winter1631, Grog and 12 others like this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Have a Mai Tai or three and some macadamia nuts. Everything will be alright. Enjoy the pure Aloha of Hawaii.
Grog and jamiestr like this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
1) This person is probably on FT if they're that obsessed with PDBs, so you may not get a ton of sympathy there
2) Gross, but also, why are you staring at this person repeatedly clipping their nails?
3) Who are you sarcastically quoting when you say "wonderful"? Did he say he was wonderful? You say that he was badgering 4J but that 4J was his companion? Is it that weird to talk to your companion every 10 minutes on a flight? I agree it would have been a better choice to sit next to one another, but perhaps they were upgraded on the day of the flight or had IRROPS and couldn't get seats next to one another.
4) Plenty of reasons why somebody would keep a windowshade open for an entire daylight flight, as you mentioned, which makes it even more bizarre that you found it to be such a faux pas. I keep my window shade open across time zones as much as possible to adjust to the time change and stay awake when I'm trying not to sleep. If that bothers someone else in the cabin and they ask me about it, I'll close it most of the way. If it bothered you, you could have put your eyemask on and avoided all of the people who seemed to be ruining your flight to HNL.
crank1225, Grog and ijkh like this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:20 am

OP, I'm sorry to read you were having a bad day. I hope you're feeling better now that you have reached Hawaii. Have a good trip and cheer up!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks everyone. Steve: re: "why was i staring at him" well... he was in 3G and I was in 5J, it's a lil hard to miss the SOUND and also, one of his clippings landed on the edge of my seat...... And to the prev poster - YES the local mai tai helped. LOL. thnx. safe travels everyone.
jamiestr likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: DL DM
I want to be your friend
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: DL GM
MYOFB.
Grog likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
My window seat. My window shade.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by WWGuy
MYOFB.
minding your own business ends the second a piece of someone's fingernail lands on my seat.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Originally Posted by Dalewood
I am one of those people who likes the shade up unless the sun is absolutely BEAMING into the cabin. Is that a faux pas? The number of people who close the shade right after takeoff has always surprised me. Now if my seatmate requests the shade to be lowered so he/she can see the video screen, I certainly do not mind that.
This has the potential to stir debate but I think any over water flight they should be down. Mainly because a lot of people want to sleep and one open window lights up the whole cabin. On the other hand people do have the option for eye masks. Thankfully I am pretty good at sleeping in light conditions.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
I was on a DL flight the other day and the passenger is 1C basically delayed boarding by about 5 minutes
Just would not sit down and kept checking his luggage in the overhead locker. Then got his coat out. Then put it back.
It was a CRJ so already cramped but he was completely oblivious to anybody else. Crew were strangely silent.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:29 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by KingBraden
This has the potential to stir debate but I think any over water flight they should be down.
nah

like you said, this is what eye masks are for.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by soxfanndc
4) oh, and to the gent in 5A who kept his window shade open the ENTIRE daylight flight. yes, I'm aware that maybe there was a medical reason or some other valid reason for doing so, all I"m saying is that I"m glad I wasn't too terribly close to you, that woulda annoyed the crap outta me for 9.5 hrs...........
Medical Reason?

How about I chose a window seat because I like looking out the window and it's a DAYTIME flight. None of your business.

DYKWIA much?

Enjoy Hawaii, I'm sure you will find 1,001 reasons to complain on your first day there also...
aquamarinesteph, pvn, Grog and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Medical Reason?

How about I chose a window seat because I like looking out the window and it's a DAYTIME flight. ...

​​​​​​​my thoughts exactly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.