Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Strange Comair Seatmap for Club on B737-800

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat

Looking to select my seats on a Comair operated flight in Jan in Club, however haven't seen a seat map quite like this within my years of flying Comair - probably because i seem to always be on the -400 variant or in economy on the -800 variant !

Anyway can anyone provide any clarity if the flight is operated by a new B737-800 and is there truly no 1E in the first row , any tips or previous experience most welcome.

Thanks

Seat map
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
To be honest, I don't pick seats on a Comair seat map with any expectation that the aircraft on the day will be anything like what the seat map shows, even at the time of OLCI. Marketing speak would extol the diversity of Comair's fleet, so far as configurations go.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
To be honest, I don't pick seats on a Comair seat map with any expectation that the aircraft on the day will be anything like what the seat map shows, even at the time of OLCI. Marketing speak would extol the diversity of Comair's fleet, so far as configurations go.
True , however Comair have got a lot better at sticking to seat map config in recent times. I am usually one to stick to 1A , however this seatmapintrigues me out of curiosity while also wondering if selecting 1D/F has any advantages over 1A/C !
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:14 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
From memory, 1D/F have much better legroom than 1A/C.

M
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Blue, EK Blue, Best Western Diamond Select, Hilton Gold
We flew Comair 2 weeks ago on a 737-800 JNB to PLZ in Club as part of an extremely good value AUP. The seating is 2 2 for row 1 and 2 3 for the other rows in Club.

We we were placed in 1A and 1C but as mentioned above, 1D and 1F have much better leg room due the absence of a cupboard.

Also worth a mention we're CC, who were so good that a GGL gave out a Golden Thanks, or whatever it's called! I hope you get as good a CC as we did!
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeBouch
We flew Comair 2 weeks ago on a 737-800 JNB to PLZ in Club as part of an extremely good value AUP. The seating is 2 2 for row 1 and 2 3 for the other rows in Club.

We we were placed in 1A and 1C but as mentioned above, 1D and 1F have much better leg room due the absence of a cupboard.

Also worth a mention we're CC, who were so good that a GGL gave out a Golden Thanks, or whatever it's called! I hope you get as good a CC as we did!
Great , i had a one of the best CC i have had within my years of flying on the CPT-DUR sector this year in Jan. It is needless to say that golden tickets were handed out to the two crew members serving me in J at the end of the flight , also words of thank you were sent in to BA HQ via the feedback form for good service. Can you tell me if the aircraft you were on was a newish 737-800 , meaning it had the new Boeing sky entire - whatever you call it !

Thanks everyone for your input so far , seem like 1D/F is the place to be !
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
I thought that the majority of the 737s still operating are the old 400 series. Have booked flights as well but down the back to LVI ex JNB. Noticed that there seems to emergency exits as well down in the rows of late 20s.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nivsy
I thought that the majority of the 737s still operating are the old 400 series. Have booked flights as well but down the back to LVI ex JNB. Noticed that there seems to emergency exits as well down in the rows of late 20s.
Yes , not sure on the exact figures, however Comair (BA/Kulula) fleet consist of:

26 Boeing aircraft, of which 19
we own;

• 10 x B737-400s
  • 9 x B737-800s
7 aircraft are leased from foreign-owned
leasing companies;

• 7 x B737-800s

Row 20 is a exit row seat , not too sure why thou. Maybe because it has no one behind it so you can recline guilt free and often " first off the plane" when stairs are attached to the back of the aircraft for disembarkment , like in PLZ...
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Flame3601

Seat map
In my opinion, this layout shows you'll have the best Club product in the Comair fleet. I flew it on Wednesday CPT - JNB on ZS-ZWR. The J seats are wide, light blue leather and very comfortable. The anomaly here is that row 1 has no E seat, while rows 2,3,4 and 5 do have E seats. So, my best seat here is 2D. Legroom is never-ending, but seat 2D can be quite exposed. Also, ZWR has recently been refurbed, to reflect BA's current interior scheme: wooden floor in the front galley, dark navy bulkhead, and silver BA ribbon logo at the front of the cabin.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:26 pm

Flew down to CPT on one recently. It's the old style adjustable Club seating used on BA mainline until they went to all economy seating configuration for SH.

2-3 seating with E left empty. Blue leather seats. A nice reminder of yesteryear when it was worth flying Club.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CantTurnRight
In my opinion, this layout shows you'll have the best Club product in the Comair fleet. I flew it on Wednesday CPT - JNB on ZS-ZWR. The J seats are wide, light blue leather and very comfortable. The anomaly here is that row 1 has no E seat, while rows 2,3,4 and 5 do have E seats. So, my best seat here is 2D. Legroom is never-ending, but seat 2D can be quite exposed. Also, ZWR has recently been refurbed, to reflect BA's current interior scheme: wooden floor in the front galley, dark navy bulkhead, and silver BA ribbon logo at the front of the cabin.
Originally Posted by simons1
Flew down to CPT on one recently. It's the old style adjustable Club seating used on BA mainline until they went to all economy seating configuration for SH.

2-3 seating with E left empty. Blue leather seats. A nice reminder of yesteryear when it was worth flying Club.
Thanks guys , just remembered that i have flown and known this config for sometime now. I was under the impression that this was some new config , however it is 2-2 with 1D/F being next to each other. I thought E was still there , but not sold for some reason ? Anyway thanks guys for all your input, hopefully this thread proves helpful to those in the future with the same question.

Link to a video showing the J cabin with the 2-2 row 1 config then falling back into the normal 2-3 config at row 2 and beyond.
- video starts at the 45 second mark and only bit worth watching in regards to getting to grips with the seating layout is 45 seconds to 1:05 minutes.
Burj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.