Lunch recommendation at T3

Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Lunch recommendation at T3

I am off to IATA's World Passenger Symposium tomorrow, flying BA to Barcelona out of Heathrow Terminal 3.

I will be flying into Heathrow at about 10.30 in the morning but although my flight is not until 5.30 in the afternoon I don't particularly want to go into town.

So I will be having lunch in the terminal and this will be my main meal of the day. Where in Terminal 3 would you recommend I go for lunch?

I am flying in Club Europe so I could use the Galleries Club, but that is much of a muchness and I would love to hear if anybody thinks that there is a better option...

Many thanks in advance!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:51 am

CX Lounge - if you are OWE, then you can use the F lounge - terrific place and very good lunch menu.

The J lounge is also very good, but I have not eaten much from there, just enjoyed the cocktails. I'm sure others can comment on this point.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Can you use the Cathay Pacific Lounge? You will have access to the noodle bar.

Enjoy your early flight. I’m on the one behind you so might even be in the lounge before your flight leaves.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have no status, either in the BA Executive Club or any other frequent flyer program. I hold a business class ticket issued under a fare that is available for members of the public to buy.

For the avoidance of doubt I am willing to pay cash for my lunch... At T5 there is Plane Food. But at T3 I don't know about the options.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
To answer the question as posed, I would suggest looking at Pilots, which is a rhubarb restaurant (who also run the AA lounge), that's at the back of the main seating area by the Cathay lounge bearing left after security; also there is Strada, which is an Italian chain for pizza and pasta, which is next to Pręt right at the end of that seating area. The more expensive restaurant there is Oriel, a French style brasserie with ribeye steak frites at Ł21.50. This is to the left of Strada.

However the Cathay lounge is available for Club Europe tickets and in your shoes that is where I would go.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
The Cathay lounge has the noodle bar with dim sum options as well but also a Western food buffet which is very decent.

As it is free for you that is your best option and the Moet to accompany it very nicely it would seem silly not to spend your lunchtime there.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:45 am

It's worth pointing out that the CX 'noodle bar' isn't just noodles - they do fairly decent dim sum to order as well, usually shiu mai, bao and one or two other dishes. You can certainly have a decent lunch just from there (I often do).

In addition they have a few buffet hot dishes usually including a curry. Those aren't as fresh as the noodle bar stuff but can be quite tasty. There are some canapé items in the fridge too.

Overall you certainly won't go hungry (or thirsty) should you choose the free lounge option.

[Edit: basically just said what smokie36 said]
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:11 pm

If lounges aren't your jam I'd check out Caviar house. I've gone here a few times and found the caviar selection to be quite good.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LoveHateRelationship
If lounges aren't your jam I'd check out Caviar house. I've gone here a few times and found the caviar selection to be quite good.
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum LoveHateRelationship, thank you for that contribution and I hope we will see more of you here. Newcomers are most welcome, and I would encourage you to remain active in this forum.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I have no status, either in the BA Executive Club or any other frequent flyer program. I hold a business class ticket issued under a fare that is available for members of the public to buy.
You don't need status to use other oneworld lounges, provided you are travelling in a oneworld premium cabin. You therefore have a choice of the AA Admirals Club, BA Galleries Club or CX Business Class lounge.

My review of the CX Business Class lounge is here.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:37 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
I was in the largish CX Business Lounge last week. Almost empty at 1pm. Hot Western buffet and Dim Sum with noodle dishes made to order. Refectory style tables or you can watch the planes while eating at a window table. Can't go wrong with that.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum LoveHateRelationship, thank you for that contribution and I hope we will see more of you here. Newcomers are most welcome, and I would encourage you to remain active in this forum.
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thank you for the recommendations everybody.

I am in the Cathay Pacific lounge right now, well lunched and ready for the rigours of travelling to Barcelona.

So what did I have:

(i) 8x vegetable spring rolls
(ii) 6x vegetable dumpling
(iii) 6x shrimp dumpling
(iv) 3x chicken bun
(v) 1x stir fried egg noodles with peppers
(vi) 2x chocolate brownie
(vii) 1x ice cream tub

It was really good and I am glad I did not go for a pie or something in the terminal.

A word of caution - "two" spring rolls appears to actually mean eight, "three" dumplings appears to actually mean six and "two" chicken buns appears to actually mean three. No complaints though - I ate it all and am now thoroughly stuffed!
Cymro, Ldnn1 and gustavmahler like this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Do you now need a 747 TL carry you off to BCN now that you are carrying excess weight!

I am currently decamped in the rather smart Plaza Premium Lounge at T4. Well worth a visit for those who can access.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
am now thoroughly stuffed!
You could now roll over to GC for some cake, and finish off in AA for the pick 'n' mix sweeties.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.