Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LCG - GLA reward search failure....glitch or idiot?

Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Forgive me if the answer to my query is blatantly obvious....I'm not getting any younger you know!!

When searching for LCG - GLA reward seats over a range of dates months in advance all I ever get is ''Sorry, we can’t find availability''. Yet when searching each sector individually it returns plenty of award space easily complying with MCT. Is their a reason for this?

Sorry...LCG is A Coruna and GLA is the best city in the world.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
La Coruna is a great place, I can't wait to get back there. I would go to the same guy in his stall in a square selling stacks of churros and serving caf on leche. Sorry I can't help with you Avios issue. Call center, perhaps?
HIDDY likes this.

Last edited by Concerto; Oct 20, 2017 at 1:18 pm Reason: grammar
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:07 pm
Suspended

If you book in advance, you can have LCG-GLA via MAD/LHR for 82. Just saying. To me it is better value than RFS.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY

Sorry...LCG is A Coruna and GLA is the best city in the world.
When did they change the code for Edinburgh to GLA ......
HIDDY likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
La Coruna is a great place, I can't wait to get back there. I would go to the same guy in his stall in a square selling stacks of churros and serving caf on leche. Sorry I can't help with you Avios issue. Call center, perhaps?
The wife's grandfather came to Argentina from a small town near La Coruna hence her strong attachment to the place...I love it too. That's why we hope to make it our next home. It being 6,000 miles closer to Scotland will make my life easier.

Originally Posted by chongcao
If you book in advance, you can have LCG-GLA via MAD/LHR for 82. Just saying. To me it is better value than RFS.
Thanks. I saw they were cheap as chips so I suspect that's what we'll do in the end if she promises not to get carried away with the shopping.

Originally Posted by subject2load
When did they change the code for Edinburgh to GLA ......
Edinburgh? Never heard of the place.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
Hiddy, are you being asked whether you'd like a stopover? If so select one and continue your journey on the same date.

If not you'll have to call, mention that the website isn't working (shock) and to waive the fee.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
Hiddy, are you being asked whether you'd like a stopover? If so select one and continue your journey on the same date.

If not you'll have to call, mention that the website isn't working (shock) and to waive the fee.
Thanks.
No...not being asked anything. I seem to recall someone saying the search engine wasn't very good on two stop searches which might explain it. No panic, the trip is ages away and we may still go overland to MAD.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
Ah yes, forgot it would have to be two stops. I've never seen a two stop itinerary on BA.com actually (using Avios)!.

It would be quite a few Avios, 15000 per person one way off peak, plus tax of approx 35 (no RFS on this route).
HIDDY likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.