Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Edmonton-West Opened January 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:44 am
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit

Hyatt Place Edmonton-West

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

18004 100 Avenue NW Edmonton, AB CA T5S 2T6

Hyatt Place Edmonton-West Opened January 2017 (7 Photos)

I recently had two short stays at this hotel.  I was told it opened in January so everything is quite new.  The hardware is excellent and I can recommend this hotel.  

The hotel is located on the west side of Edmonton (as per the name of the hotel) less than 30 minute drive from the airport and close to the large West Edmonton Mall.  There are lots of hotels in the viscinity including Element, Courtyard, Four Points, Hilton Garden Inn, and Hampton Inn.  People looking for rather cheap stay/night credits have many choices.

Room

The rooms look good and everything is very functional including a couple of power plugs on each side of the bed.  The bathroom has a stand-alone shower which I prefer to showers in bathtubs, and water pressure was good.  The only drawback is that on the first stay we were near the elevator and soundproofing is not very good so we were disturbed by the noise made by some guests.  I did not get any upgrade on the first stay despite the hotel not being full and a few room types were available online.  

IMG_8745.jpegIMG_8746.jpegIMG_8747.jpegIMG_8748.jpeg

Service

I did not ask for an upgrade at check-in on the first stay because I did not mind too much and anyway technically Hyatt Place does not participate in the Globalist upgrade program.  That said, some HPs upgrade regardless, but not at this property.  Also I would note that the check-in staff still requires some training because they were not familiar with the cash & points option.

I filled out the online survey after check out of my first stay and the hotel management contacted me to thank me for my comments which was a positive step for a hotel trying to learn from guest feedback.

They went out of their way during my second stay to make it better.  They upgraded me to a corner room on the top floor so very far away from the elevator.  My stay was great.  

Dining

Given that it was my first stay in a HP anywhere in the world, I did not know what to expect and I would generally say that the breakfast was fine.  Instead of only having standard hotel fruits, I was pleased to find blueberries.  Hot food was more boring however with scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, and pancakes.  The restaurant itself looks very nice and on some mornings it was quiet, but depending on occupancy sometimes there were very long queues for the buffet near the closing time of 9:30am which is too early of a cut off in my opinion.

IMG_8749.jpegIMG_8750.jpegIMG_8751.jpeg

Wifi

Wifi worked ok but speed was not the best, around 5 Mbps.

Overall

Despite some minor quirks and growing pains, I can see they try to improve and value their customers so I would return.  Cash-wise Hyatt Place is in the same price range as other alternatives in that neighborhood for about 100 USD per night.  For points redemption it makes for good value since it's 5k points per night.

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Place Edmonton-West?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.