Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Offloading to change seat after OLCI not possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver

My parents are flying from LCY tomorrow did online check in and got seats together. Then, my father changed his seat before download the boarding pass on the app, with the intention of changing both seats. However, the second boarding pass was already issued and no change is possible. The end result is that they are now seated in different rows. I realise it's possible to change it at the airport, but without guarantee of seats still being there and my parents don't speak English so that would be a bit difficult to do.

What I've gathered is that check in can be cancelled by offloading and then repeating the process. I tried calling BA and requesting for that to be done, but it's apparently not possible. Anything else I can do?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Call again. It is possible to offload and a phone agent should be able to do it. They have done it for me before.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It can be done, the agent can also change your seat directly without offloading you if they know what they are doing. One agent told me how it's done once, in case the next time I need to have it done the agent doesn't know how - can't find my notes right now, option 11 sounds familiar though.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by BA6501
It can be done, the agent can also change your seat directly without offloading you if they know what they are doing. One agent told me how it's done once, in case the next time I need to have it done the agent doesn't know how - can't find my notes right now, option 11 sounds familiar though.
I tried three agents already (call centre in India) - they all said it's not possible to change the seats or to offload after boarding pass has been issued
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Changing seats is tough, but offloading is most certainly doable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.