Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Its a Woodford Night at 500 feet above sea level

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The temperature is 60 degrees with a light breeze out of the east. Shot glass filled with some Woodford Reserve as I unwind getting ready to start this Memorial Day Weekend right.

Anyone here want to "toast". You need to pour yourself a shot of Woodford ir some other good drink(but please let me know what it is) whether your 35,000 feet at home or in the Delta SkyClub and we can have a "FlyerTalk" Virtual toast to good health and happy flying on Delta.

Here's to you. "clink clink".
Old May 26, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by danielonn
Ladies and Gentlemen,

The temperature is 60 degrees with a light breeze out of the east. Shot glass filled with some Woodford Reserve as I unwind getting ready to start this Memorial Day Weekend right.

Anyone here want to "toast". You need to pour yourself a shot of Woodford ir some other good drink(but please let me know what it is) whether your 35,000 feet at home or in the Delta SkyClub and we can have a "FlyerTalk" Virtual toast to good health and happy flying on Delta.

Here's to you. "clink clink".
It's about 60 degrees here also. Just returned from a thrilling sail on San Francisco Bay and I'm sitting outside by the fire pit with a nice glass of Lagavulin single malt.

Cheers!
Old May 26, 2017, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
72F here in Seattle, perfect evening for a backyard picnic ... just finished up some Bulleit Rye - based "creative cocktails" with dry-rub BBQ ribs done in the Big Green Egg
Old May 26, 2017, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KevinSFO
It's about 60 degrees here also. Just returned from a thrilling sail on San Francisco Bay and I'm sitting outside by the fire pit with a nice glass of Lagavulin single malt.

Cheers!
Awesome!!! Cheers to you.
Old May 26, 2017, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrl767
72F here in Seattle, perfect evening for a backyard picnic ... just finished up some Bulleit Rye - based "creative cocktails" with dry-rub BBQ ribs done in the Big Green Egg
I'm jealous. Perhaps you can host a FT DO BBQ Cheers!!
Old May 26, 2017, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by danielonn
... FT DO BBQ
how did you miss the one in Kansas City last weekend?
Old May 27, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Doesn't it feels weird not to have a Woodford from a plastic bottle served in a plastic cup while a strangers' elbow awkwardly touches yours.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I'm concerned about the shot glass. Surely Woodford deserves something more substantial from which to be savored...
Old May 27, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gooselee
I'm concerned about the shot glass. Surely Woodford deserves something more substantial from which to be savored...
Hey you use what ever you have available to drown those sorrows of 12hour baggage delays away. 😁
Old May 27, 2017, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
A generous pour over one larger cube of ice with jr, babysitting Woodford based beef back ribs in the Trager smoker. 72 deg. 3 more hours contemplating the meaning of life.

Can't wait for Jr's Jr's 19th birthday.
Old May 27, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Ardbeg 10 here in Hamburg. It's about 100 yards higher than the river Elbe a few minutes away. Cheers !!!
Old May 27, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I am at exactly 1000 feet above sea level. I'm also thinking about a Woodford. It's been 8 days since I've had any.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond
72 degrees and sunny here in Missoula. I have a view of the mountains and a local ipa to watch the world turn. Cheers!
Old May 27, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by jonexplores
72 degrees and sunny here in Missoula. I have a view of the mountains and a local ipa to watch the world turn. Cheers!
I date a woman from Missoula for over 2 years. LOL
Old May 27, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by KevinSFO

Cheers!
Hmmm I love Lagavulin and wish I had a fire pit. Was out in the city at 2 different birthday parties with lots of drinks, and now home with peppermint tea, husband and dog. Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.