Original Poster
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Chateau D'Ouchy Lausanne (SLH)

CHATEAU D OUCHY

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

CHATEAU D OUCHY

Place du port 2 LAUSANNE CH 1006 Lausanne, CH 1006

Chateau D'Ouchy Lausanne (SLH) (14 Photos)

CHATEAU D OUCHY

I went to the Montreux Jazz Festival last year and I used my complimentary night (Honoured status at SLH) to stay at Château d'Ouchy, an SLH property at Lake Geneva in the Swiss city of Lausanne - just a stroll from the Olympic Museum and a (very cute) metro station. Its castle-look is deceiving, since it's not actually that old.

1_IMG_1723.jpg

Inside the hotel:

1_IMG_1660.jpg

1_IMG_1656.jpg

The weather was not the best at times, just imagine having a cocktail here on a warm (and dry) summer night:

1_IMG_1661.jpg

Check In

A very friendly concierge seemed even happier after he saw in his system that it was my SLH Honoured Member free night. Wow :) He seemed genuinely happy for me - or at least he is a good actor, which is the least I expect.

Convenient private parking directly by the hotel:

1_IMG_1734.jpg

Room

A really big, recently renovated room on the second floor welcomed me with a lot of daylight. I might have gotten an upgrade from Superior to Deluxe room, but I am not entirely sure. The size was about 35 sqm which would fit the Deluxe room description on the SLH website, although not the one with the direct lake view. I mainly looked onto a park with large trees and a bus parking spot (not busy though).

I also liked the hardwood floors:

1_IMG_1652.jpg

Open bathroom (the wall is only half the room height, the toilet was in a separate room):

1_IMG_1653.jpg

Partly lake view, also from the bathroom:

1_IMG_1655.jpg

Service

Service was generally very good (also see section Check-In).

One minor thing: I asked for a newspaper in the cafe and what I got was one sheet of a print-out of headlines from a website. A set of major newspapers is not much to ask for, or is it?

Dining

I only had breakfast here and this was not very special. I ordered scrambled eggs and what I got was a yellow soup made of egg...

The buffet was just standard. The nice place on the terrace with lake view was perfect though!

1_IMG_1719.jpg

Perfectly located at Lake Geneva behind the busy road that parts the other nice hotels in Lausanne from lake access. Here it is a promenade with no through traffic. You can reach the Olympic Museum by foot (the IOC have their headquarter there as well). And it's fairly easy to get to Montreux via the super-clean metro and then the local train (worked as well as usual in Switzerland).

1_IMG_1720.jpg

1_IMG_1721.jpg

1_IMG_1725.jpg

Olympic Museum:

1_IMG_1736.jpg

1_IMG_1738.jpg

Overall

Great location, very friendly service, nice rooms with a lot of daylight. Great outdoor pool from the looks of it, I didn't have time to use the spa area though. They also have a private boat, which I am sure to try next time.

I had a few nitpicks, but I would definitely stay here again.

For a full trip report, see my blog: https://www.continentaltraveller.blog/home/2017/3/30/olympic-jazz-in-switzerland

Chateau D'Ouchy Lausanne (SLH)

Would you like to write a review on the CHATEAU D OUCHY?

No, thank you.
Yes
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:36 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Planning a weekend in March with friends (as a Hyatt Globalist). Are there any recent stays?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 10, 2022 at 8:01 am Reason: removed content no-longer needed after thread move
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:30 am
formerly a193991

Currently here for a weekend. Booked 2 rooms, lowest category but with lake view. Got proactively upgraded to deluxe room with lake view.

checkin was very slow, waited for a good 10 minutes for my turn, then the process itself took about 15 minutes. Agent was bit overwhelmed with 2 rooms in my name and me paying for both. He had to make multiple calls….

room is very nice.

Last edited by 59Impala; Mar 11, 2022 at 12:58 pm
Old Mar 11, 2022, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
We had a reservation here in December which we had to cancel last minute due to a family health issue. They were very nice and didn't charge us a cancel penalty (which they could have done).

The Beau Rivage Palace across the way is spectacular.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:30 am
formerly a193991

So we had a pretty good 2 night stay here mid March. We booked 2 rooms in my name. It was a pre-paid rate with a 50$ Credit for in house bar or dining. Although booked about 4 months in advance, it was never charged to my CC.

hotel is very nice, superb location right at the lake, 3 min walk to the metro to take you up to Lausanne, which has a very nice old town.

check-in was slow, I needed almost 30 minutes. Right before me were 2 guests in individual rooms, I had to wait about 15 minutes. It took another 15 minutes to checkin my 2 rooms. I think the agent was overwhelmed, he had to make a lot of calls all the time and ask for guidance. What seemed to confuse him was me paying for both rooms and determining which guest names needed to be on the folio. Making photo copies of IDs took long. But he was very friendly.

booked the standard room with lake view.both rooms were upgraded to the deluxe room with lake view. Fully followed the WoH benefits. Very nice and large room, perfectly firm beds. Loved the room.

breakfast was free as well with a wide selection. Good breakfast with eggs, meats (warm and cold), salmon, cereals, breads, yoghurt et all. Eggs made-to-order as well, which was not mentioned to us, but found out on the 2nd day.that was a negative.
wait staff were friendly, but not very attentive. They never removed used plates and asked for coffee or tea refills. We had to place the dirty dishes on the table beside us, only then were they removed.

else a very good hotel and we would return.

I mentioned all the positives and the 2 negatives on a survey. The GM got back and appologized, offered to contact him on our next stay.

one other point I forgot to mention in the survey was the missing coffee machine, especially being so close to Nestlé HDQ. The pnly had powder coffee and tea, which is not worthy for a 4* hotel in my view. We luckily brought our own Travel Nespresso machine
Old Apr 8, 2023, 12:00 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Second that. Have been there in June 2022 for just one night stay-over on a trip.

Booked a standard room but got an upgrade to a tower suite, which was very nice.

Breakfast was very good and nicely placed outside. Only the birds were annoying as you could barely go to the buffet without them landing on your table and starting to pick things up.

Recommendation to stay here.
Old May 14, 2023, 8:23 am

Thinking of checking this place out this summer - did any fly into GVA and take a taxi or train from Airport to Lausanne? Thanks!
Old May 14, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by madderlake
Thinking of checking this place out this summer - did any fly into GVA and take a taxi or train from Airport to Lausanne? Thanks!
I've traveled by train to the Beau Rivage Palace, which is across the street from Chateau d'Ouchy. It's a two step process, involving a transfer from SBB to Lausanne metro. The hotel is very close to the metro station, but the transfer at the main Gare is a bit of a hassle. I wouldn't recommend this with multiple or really large bags. You could take a taxi from the Gare de Lausanne, but since this is Switzerland it will cost something like 15 Fr. for a 5 minute ride. I'd imagine taxi from GVA is going to be pretty expensive.
Old May 14, 2023, 10:42 am

Thank you - this is so very helpful! In the absence of heavy bags, is it walkable from the train station?
Old May 14, 2023, 10:46 am

Thank you - this is so very helpful! In the absence of heavy bags, is it walkable from the train station?
Google Maps says 1.2 km. It's all downhill, so much easier going than returning
Old May 14, 2023, 9:31 pm
formerly a193991

there are excellent connections from GVA Airport to Lausanne. Be sure to download this app of public transport by trains. Excellent app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...le.android.b2c

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.