Wiki Posts
Search

Removing the Club Europe table separator

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Removing the Club Europe table separator

Faced with fidgety 2 and 4 year olds who did not want to sit across the aisle, I tried to fold the Club Europe separator table so they could sit together. I failed.

Seing what I was doing, a charming member of crew came to my rescue and confessed not knowing how to do it 'as the ground staff does it'. Her colleague did not know either.

Is there a step by step guide on FT? I could not find it.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
This sounds odd unless the separator is different in rows 2+ as when we flew in A/C1 the separator was UNDER (i think) the seat and the cabin crew got it out after takeoff and put it away before landing. I am sure one of them would know
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
there's been a description on here - either by CWS, the guru of all things (including guides) or one of the posting crew.

I am sure someone will be along shortly - it's definitely on here.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
Yes there is a pictorial guide here, the search function is pretty poor but I'll pop off and have a look for you! Unless someone else beats me to it
Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There are several guides elsewhere in the forum, but a crew member pointed out that it is very easy to break a finger in the process and strongly urged passengers not to try this at home, so I think it's best the I don't assist. The flight crew do know how to unclip the latches and flip the table down under the seat.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I will do a more thorough search of the forum again, though I tried for a good 15 mins to find, without luck.

I would indeed rather leave it to the crew (it was the first time I attempted it as normally the kids love to sit by themselves, and I thought I would be able to crack it!) but this particular crew last weekend did not know.

It's a fine balance between the risk of breaking a finger and be ejected from a flight as the kids don't want to sit alone. Last week out of embarrassment I would probably have gone for the broken finger!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA Rust
The process is very quick. underneath the front of the table is a catch which, when pressed, allows the front leaf of the table to fold over and upwards. There are then two more buttons on either side of the underneath which press in, and the table can then be pivoted forward and slips under the seat, allowing room for access to the lifejacket which is underneath. The arms of the seats then fold down to make the seats into three (ABC or DEF).
Taken from https://www.businesstraveller.com/tr...club-europe-3/
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by nei1c
Beat me to it. ^
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nei1c
Many thanks! Very useful, I must have missed these button to in click the whole contraption off and slide it under the seat.

Having also now read the full article, it explains why I thought the window seats had a lower pitch... they probably do!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
Aren't some of the ex bmi aircraft CE seats different however?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FIRSTclstraveller
Aren't some of the ex bmi aircraft CE seats different however?
They are, and these are much easier / intuitive, the table simply retracts and slots into the main section of the middle seat. As a table it's not so good or robust, but I imagine 99% of passengers wouldn't notice the difference.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They are, and these are much easier / intuitive, the table simply retracts and slots into the main section of the middle seat.
I think those ones are all at LGW? I don't remember seeing any of them at LHR.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I was playing with one on Saturday and it took a bit of effort to get the front bit to flip over. Had my phone on it at the time and that went flying so I've learned to keep it clear when playing.
There are thin clips or something underneath you can push up into the frame. Really had to push my fingers into the metal frame to get it to release.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I think those ones are all at LGW? I don't remember seeing any of them at LHR.
Yes, it's a LGW feature on the whole. Occasionally they swap an aircraft between LGW and LHR, but I think the current tide is running to LGW, occasionally we get the moving map at LGW for example, which typically isn't available on LGW short haul.

These seats were the first to go to the slimmer style, but don't have a magazine rack on the top of the seat, just the traditional lower seat back pocket, thereby impinging on knee room.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
These seats were the first to go to the slimmer style, but don't have a magazine rack on the top of the seat, just the traditional lower seat back pocket, thereby impinging on knee room.
BA inherited those seats, they're ex-Lufthansa seats given to bmi after LH went for their ultra thin deckchair seats on shorthaul.

bmi covered the seats in a brown leather and most had been done just a little while before BA acquired them so they were still looking like new. Shortly after BA replaced the covers so they were blue to match the rest of the fleet. The following year BA then started replacing the seats in their fleet, and the new seats were brown (so now the ex-bmi seats are the oddity)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.