Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access T3

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Lounge Access T3

Greetings,
I am flying WTP on IAD-LHR but then Club Europe from LHR-LYS. My flight to LYS doesn't leave until 15:25, while I am arriving from IAD at 6:30. Does anyone know when I will have lounge access? Is there a pre-flight time limit? I believe I will be out of Terminal 3 to Lyon. Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes you will have lounge access from the time you arrive.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:29 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Yes you will have access to the T3 Galleries or any of the other oneworld Business lounges.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:32 am

Use the CX J lounge (of F if you have OW Emerald) - best option in T3 by a mile
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jeffMCI
Greetings,
I am flying WTP on IAD-LHR but then Club Europe from LHR-LYS. My flight to LYS doesn't leave until 15:25, while I am arriving from IAD at 6:30. Does anyone know when I will have lounge access? Is there a pre-flight time limit? I believe I will be out of Terminal 3 to Lyon. Thanks!
No real pre-flight time limit if connecting and you have your connecting flight BP..

As a side note, I would go to the lounge for a shower, leave and go into the city for a few hours and grab an early lunch, and then head back to LHR and re-enter the lounge prior to you LYS flight. Can't imagine spending 8 hours in the BA Galleries Lounge in T3.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Doesn't the AA lounge have some kind of nap rooms / quiet area?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies! Does it matter that the tickets were purchased separately? I bought the LYS flight separately after I thought I was going to take the train. I didn't buy a IAD-LYS ticket.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
It makes no difference, you have a Club Europe ticket so you will have lounge access as soon as you arrive.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Use the CX J lounge (of F if you have OW Emerald) - best option in T3 by a mile
Agreed, the CX Business lounge has a much better cooked breakfast option if that's your thing.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Thanks for the replies! Does it matter that the tickets were purchased separately? I bought the LYS flight separately after I thought I was going to take the train. I didn't buy a IAD-LYS ticket.
Nope. Your WTP ticket has no bearing for access. You just need your CE ticket to LYS available, and this can be done online from 24hrs before your flight.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
It makes no difference, you have a Club Europe ticket so you will have lounge access as soon as you arrive.
jeffMCI, you may want to have a look at the Lounge Access thread in the Dashboard, this gives the full details, but Club Europe generally provides lounge access on BA, except at those airport without lounges, notably KRK, OPO and KEF. Ditto if oneworld Sapphire or above.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Note, you are likely to have to collect and recheck your luggage if on separate tickets, since you have to go landslide in any case, book the express, pop into London for a few hours.

you can see a fair amount of the sites or do a spot of shopping, or grab a bite to eat or see a gallery or museum. Feel free to PM if you'd like some suggestions from a local.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.