Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Qualification requirements

Three ways to qualify for each level: miles on Alaska only (includes Alaska flights operated by Horizon or Skywest), combination of miles on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners), or combination of segments on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners).

MVP: 20,000 miles on Alaska/25,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/30 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

MVP Gold: 40,000 miles on Alaska/50,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/60 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

75K: 75,000 miles on Alaska/90,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/90 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:38 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond

In order to organize the end-of-year crush of Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread for the airlines with the most frequent requests. This is the thread for Alaska Airlines.

For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

For each response. Please quote the original request.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
I status matched to AS. Didn't realize it expires this year as I planned on using AS mostly next year. I am guessing I cant status match next year either. I think I would be able to make a lot of use out of MVP Gold so I would like to make that. I need roughly ~40K miles which I calculated it to be worth it.

Departure Airport: AUS/DFW/NYC/IAH (can reposition if needed)
Miles needed: ~40K
Budget: < $2,500
Travel dates: flexible except before end of Nov as I am out of the country
Codeshare: ok
Old Sep 11, 2016, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by ss2000
I status matched to AS. Didn't realize it expires this year as I planned on using AS mostly next year. I am guessing I cant status match next year either. I think I would be able to make a lot of use out of MVP Gold so I would like to make that. I need roughly ~40K miles which I calculated it to be worth it.

Departure Airport: AUS/DFW/NYC/IAH (can reposition if needed)
Miles needed: ~40K
Budget: < $2,500
Travel dates: flexible except before end of Nov as I am out of the country
Codeshare: ok
I maybe wrong, but i think 40k applies to AS operated flights only. You would need at least 50k to qualify for MVP Gold if you fly on partner airlines.

Last edited by zoqfotpik; Sep 11, 2016 at 7:52 pm
Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
JFK-SEA-JFK is $279 for same day return on October 15, 17, 18, 22-25, 29-31, and quite a few days in early November, 4820 miles. SEA-LAX-SEA is reasonably priced and you may be able to fit this in as part of your JFK-SEA-JFK trip. You can also look into the various premium fare trips from LAX on AA -
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...own-miles.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...8-9k-eqms.html
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
I maybe wrong, but i think 40k applies to AS operated flights only. You would need at least 50k to qualify for MVP Gold if you fly on partner airlines.
I have about 10K already on Alaska that I flew so I need about 40K more. Ideally, I would rather do couple of premium ones so I can actually enjoy it and wont take up too much time. I am checking out the Ecuador/Panama ones, to see if they might work. Any other recommendations are welcome!
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:28 am

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed:9000
Required Spend or Budget: <$800
Available Travel Dates: Weekends, not the weekends of 10/8 11/5 12/3 12/10
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: alternatively 11k on alaska partners

I think I could figure this out myself, and have it cost $1000, so seeing if y'all can help. Leaving friday afternoons or arriving monday mornings is fine.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Cnagreenberet
Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed:9000
Required Spend or Budget: <$800
Available Travel Dates: Weekends, not the weekends of 10/8 11/5 12/3 12/10
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: alternatively 11k on alaska partners

I think I could figure this out myself, and have it cost $1000, so seeing if y'all can help. Leaving friday afternoons or arriving monday mornings is fine.
AS has a sale on NYC flights from West Coast. You can fly SEA-JFK for as low as $139usd o/w. If you do two roundtrips ($556 total), it should earn you ~9,600 miles.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

For those looking to do the transcon, there's a NYC sale now to/from cities like SEA/PDX/SAN. Starts at 119 o/w

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ci...ts-to/new-york
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by solewalker
For those looking to do the transcon, there's a NYC sale now to/from cities like SEA/PDX/SAN. Starts at 119 o/w

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ci...ts-to/new-york
Thanks!!
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
You're not wrong. I added a wikipost as I'm sure this will come up again.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 10:14 pm

I saw a YYZ - HNL that went through ATL on Delta. It was business class (P fare). I am assuming that would count as 200% for Alaska? I am not too familiar with Alaska but someone correct me if I am wrong. I think that may yield ~20K miles or so..
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:19 am

I saw a YYZ - HNL that went through ATL on Delta. It was business class (P fare). I am assuming that would count as 200% for Alaska? I am not too familiar with Alaska but someone correct me if I am wrong. I think that may yield ~20K miles or so..
P fare does earn 200% but it's a first class not business fare (which earn 125-175%). Are all segments in P?

Full chart for Delta earnings on AS here.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
P fare does earn 200% but it's a first class not business fare (which earn 125-175%). Are all segments in P?

Full chart for Delta earnings on AS here.
Yes I know on the chart it says P is first class and earns 100%. I searched for business class but since its a 2 class configuration I am guessing its considered first class? That's why I was a bit unsure.

YYZ to HNL rt is about $1,100 with a lie flat from atl to hnl. Is that considered a good fare?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:12 pm

Yes I know on the chart it says P is first class and earns 100%. I searched for business class but since its a 2 class configuration I am guessing its considered first class? That's why I was a bit unsure.

YYZ to HNL rt is about $1,100 with a lie flat from atl to hnl. Is that considered a good fare?
Gotcha. Mentioned that because I've found mixed business/first itineraries when searching for one or the other. Would be a little bit of a disappointment to credit 125% when expecting 200%.

YYZ-ATL-HNL RT in P would be about ~20964EQM for 5.25cpm. Not bad at all and lie flat from ATL-HNL...
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA1K
i booked a LAX-BWI turn for $210...1.5 hours on the ground in BWI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.