Hilton Garden Inn Cusco {PER}

Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Cusco {PER}

I'll be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Cusco in April. This is a brand new hotel that opened not too long ago.

Has anyone stayed at this property? What do you think? If you had breakfast at the hotel, how does it compare to HGIs in the US?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
Have not stayed here but tripadvisor reports look excellent. MVP rate also works at this hotel.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Gold, IHG Gold, AA Plat
I just stayed at here. The staff is amazing. I was upgraded as a HHonors Silver member. I had a problem with the hot water, not only did they fix the issue in under 30 minutes but the manager even comped me a dinner at the restaurant for the inconvenience.

I had breakfast here the last morning I stayed there. They had some things available via a buffet and alot of made to order items including omelets and waffles.

The one downside to the property is the location. Its located 5 blocks from the main square but 5 blocks uphill of the square. Getting to the square is not an issue but getting back to the hotel is hike.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I stayed here for 1 night last month (full TR in the TR forum) but pasted the bit about this hotel below. Thought it was really good for an HGI and breakfast was great. Would stay here again if back in Cuzco. It is a bit of a hike from the main square back to the hotel, but just think of the workout your legs are getting!

Room booked: cheapo standard 2 double beds (~$90)
Room received: upgraded city view room 2 double beds

This is a nice new property with a fantastic breakfast buffet. Our room was on the main floor, rooms beginning with a 0. Floors 1 – 3 are actually lower than the main floor with 3 being the lowest, so the hotel floors essentially go backwards.

Made to order eggs, tamales on offer, tons of fresh bread and pastries, cold cuts/cheese/olives, fresh juices, and lots of staff milling around. Also, noticed in my Hilton account I got 1,000 bonus points for this stay for trying a new Latin American HGI.

Old Nov 26, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Just had a week off in South America and popped to Cusco for a week of walking and especially the Inca Trail which I have always wanted to do. Stayed at this hotel three times and had 6 nights in total.

Around 20 minutes from the airport. Paid 30 Soles going there and fixed price from hotel of 17 soles going back.

Hotel is located above the main town and Square which in theory is nice as it affords good views but if you are in poor shape or not used to the altitude it could be a fairly strenuous walk. I refused to take a taxi back as the walk is up a nice street albeit steep. Plenty of laundry and restaurants on way down to town. It took me around 10 minutes going to get Main plaza but a few more minutes coming back!!

Hotel

Was very impressed for a Garden Inn. Always upgraded to Scenic view and was always addressed at front desk as "Mr ESFLYER95". Staff were the thing that impressed me most about hotel especially at breakfast. Room fairly typical HGI rooms.

The courtyard is area and was lovely to sit out after breakfast with coffee and never busy. Breakfast itself is a decent spread. Made to order eggs. The drip coffee it vile but if you ask they will make espresso but they don't offer it. Not sure if was free because of diamond or not.

Overall good stay and would recommend if you are hilton loyalist in Cusco if not, stay down in the town at JW or one Luxury Collection. I have photos but not much different from krazykanuck above.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Just winding up a three-night stay here with Mrs AITF on our Peruvian holiday.

I can only concur with all the positive comments on the premises regarding staff, breakfast (offered from 5am-10am!) and the courtyard.

Received a good upgrade to one of the big rooms on lobby level, wich paradoxically is the highest level and, therfore has the best city views.

Yes it is a bit of a hike up and back into town (especially for us as we both had knee surgery a few months ago!). However a taxi to/from Plaza de Amas can be had for 5 soles, so no big deal!

My only peeve would be that they did not replace/replenish the bottled water in the room during our stay. I enquired at reception whether this had been an oversight only to be told "water is only provided for the first night..."

A bit petty IMOH, and the first time this has happened us in Peru over the last twelve days, where we have stayed at three other places, each for more than two or three nights. Again no big deal, you can get bottled water at the supermarket on the way to/from town for 1,30 soles!
Old Mar 6, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Just wondering if anyone has used the Hilton MVP rate here and if they asked for any Sports Affiliation ID? Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:29 am

Great place and good people!!!

I did get ripped off by the Taxi driver. Always negotiate the rate as the one I went on didn't use a meter (lesson learned).
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:18 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Good hotel and Friendly staff

Hilton Garden Inn Cusco

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hilton Garden Inn Cusco

Santa Ana Avenida Abancay 2017 Cusco, Peru PE 00000

Good hotel and Friendly staff (5 Photos)

Hilton Garden Inn Cusco

The hotel is located above a hill about15-20 mins from the main square of the historical center.  From the square it is a about 50% flat surface and 50% climb.  The hotel is located in the Santa Ana quarters with a nice church nearly opposite the hotel and just behind the hotel, some local shops and lots of hostels and travel agencies and laundry shops. 

Check In

Cus_lobby.jpg

Arrived just before midday and there was just only another person at the front desk.  I was helped immediately by a very friendly associate. After going through the normal registration process (always a long one in Peru hotels), I was informed that I was upgraded to a city view room.  After checking if the room was ready, I was lucky that the room was already ready.  I was given a quick run down of my benefits as an elite member and than it was off to my room.  

The lobby if very inviting and there is in the morning period a nice serving of coca tea.

Room

The room was located on the 3rd floor (down 2 floors from the hotel) and facing the courtyard of the hotel which is perfect place to enjoy after a busy day.  The bar/lounge and hotel restaurant is located on the same floor.  You have a great view of the city from this courtyard. 

The windows of the room are actually quite small, so there is not really much 'view' even if you have a city view room.  You have to be really at the windown to see down towards the historical center and depending on your location, you might be able to see the main square.

Room was spacious and clean.  The room had tea/coffee making facilities and upon arrival 2 bottles of water (not replenished - normal policy of the hotel). 

Bathroom was ok with a good walk in shower with good temperature and pressure. 

Wifi reception and speed was OK.  The only small improvement would be the temperature control unit, it seems to be both sensor movement sensitive (so it activates when you are in the room and moving about) and you can change the temperature.  But other than that, according to the unit, the control is mainly directly based on the hotel.  During my stay, since it was just turning from winter to spring, the it was initially set up quite warm, and strangely on the 1st night, despite setting it down to 12 deg C, it was just kept blowing out warm air.  However on the following days, still keeping it at the lowest temperature, it did not activate (which was good since the blast noise was quite high) anymore and the room was nice and cool.   

Cus_bed.jpgCus_roomView.jpgCusc_bed2.jpg

Service

All the associates that I encountered were all very friendly and helpful.  They are always ready to help.  The same for the breakfast and bar staff. 

One of the outstanding staff were the housekeeping staff, they do help to keep the room tidy, for example, after the first night, after leaving cables and wire around the tables and some sweater on chairs, after coming back later that evening, the cables were all nicely wounded up and sweater hung nicely around the chair.  I had only expected this especially in countries like Japan or Korea, so I was very impressed with such detailed to attention.

Dining

Breakfast at the hotel was served from 5am until 10am which is very impressive for a non-airport property.  I guess this is to accommodate the number of guests that leaves most of the days early for their different activities around the area.  

The breakfast staff are friendly and helpful.  The variation of food is ok, with 4-5 different hot dishes.  One good thing, which might not be a liking to all, is that they do serve local hot dishes.  There is a good variaty of bread and pastries available.  There is an egg station available.  During my stay, I have never really seen the breakfast room to be crowded and if you are up later in the morning when the temperature rises, you can have your breakfast in the courtyard too.

Overall

In general a very solid good HGI property.  Outside of the climb when coming back from town, the other aspects of the hotel is very good especially with the friendly staff.  I would not hesitate to return to this property if I am in the area again.

Cusc_courtyard.jpg

Good hotel and Friendly staff

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Garden Inn Cusco?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 28, 2019, 2:40 pm

Will be headed here in a couple weeks. Does anyone know if the king terrace rooms have a balcony or is it to the courtyard patio area?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
I stayed here 3 nights in the first week of March. Service is very good, the only updates from prior reviews I have is that I received 2 bottles of water each day of my stay. Breakfast is very good and also had dinner here which was very good each time except the time I had the pizza (not recommended). DIY laundry is 52 Soles and the dryer still does not get the clothes completely dry. I booked 2 tours using a tour company located just behind the hotel along the walking route down to the Plaza de Armas, at Sonqo Inka Travel Agency, at rates far less than the links in the hotels internet login page (the usual overpriced Viator website). The only fault I had was with the AC system, a bit noisy, never cooling down to the temperature set, 20C and then after breakfast (40 minutes away from room) the temperature jumped to over 25 C. Notified reception and it was “fixed”, except it still did not cool to 20C and was louder, I had to shut-off the AC to sleep. Bedding consists of a good comforter, but with the room will only cooling down to 22C I could not get a good nights sleep due to being too warm. I would stay elsewhere if I return to Cusco, I always had a good nights sleep 10 years ago at the place I stayed.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Question How many nights here and based HGI for Machu Picchu?

I am trying to put together a land portion of a trip to Peru.

If I fly in directly to Cuzco (from the USA via LIM) what is a good number of nights at this property?

Is it walk-able to the center of Cuzco town or too steep in 1 direction or the other?

Also, it is worth basing here to go to Machu Picchu or better to shift closer to the Marriott property, Tambo del Inka? I didn't see anything else in the Hilton family
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by miles_navigator
I am trying to put together a land portion of a trip to Peru.

If I fly in directly to Cuzco (from the USA via LIM) what is a good number of nights at this property?

Is it walk-able to the center of Cuzco town or too steep in 1 direction or the other?

Also, it is worth basing here to go to Machu Picchu or better to shift closer to the Marriott property, Tambo del Inka? I didn't see anything else in the Hilton family
Easy walk to the center but you should get a taxi back as it is quite a climb and you will not have adjusted to the altitude.

Number of nights depends on what you plan to see while in Cusco. If you are visiting MP, Sacred Valley and other sites maybe 5 nights/4days minimum.

Can’t say about MP as I stayed in Ollantaytambo for 2 nights when I went to MP, staying at the hotel in the railway station, great food, no need to get up at 3 am in Cusco plus see local sites. But that was 10 years ago, I skipped MP this time. Just make sure you have your MP tickets and transport booked in advance, I met someone on my trip in Cusco who thought he could book on arrival in Cusco and could not get tickets.

Last edited by tobegold; Jun 18, 2022 at 9:30 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.