Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Minsk Marriott Belarus [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Marriott did a press release saying the property is opening in early 2016. (note it's now open).

Cat 3. Has exec lounge, but doesn't indicate whether it's open or closed. Since the Minsk Ren's lounge is open (per the website), my guess is this one will be as well.

Press release:

http://news.marriott.com/2016/01/mar...n-belarus.html

Hotel's website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...arriott-hotel/

"Take a 45-minute taxi ride from Minsk National Airport to get to the hotel, which is next door to the main city exhibition center, just 3 km from the city downtown and steps from the biggest sport cluster Minsk Arena. Visit the high-end Sports & Entertainment Complex Falcon Club with numerous sport and leisure facilities without having to leave the hotel."

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; May 22, 2016 at 11:46 am
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Marriott issued a press release today announcing the opening:

http://news.marriott.com/2016/08/min...print-belarus/

Cheers.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:43 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
i will stay there soon and write a review. I have driven past it several times and it looks quite nice.

I can also confirm that the Minsk Renaissance lounge is open on the weekend and is quite spacious with a decent selection of evening food and beverage.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cbellero
i will stay there soon and write a review.
Thanks - much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Stayed there in June.Upgrade to Hospitality suite.Excellent service,breakfast and lounge food.Ten minutes drive from city center.Excellent points redemption value(15k).
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Very curious to see what this hotel is like and hear reports of it! Minsk is my hometown and we have an apartment there so we never stay in a hotel, but I admit I'm curious. If you do a report, please take lots of pictures!
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:35 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

So, I had been planning to stay there this weekend, but failed to do so. However, I did manage to go into the hotel. They are still fixing things here and there in the lobby. However the lobby smells very new, is quite modern and warm. The bar which is also in this space is of marble, which is not particularly my taste, but it looked fine. Noticeable was the lack of people in the lobby area.

In front of the hotel is the Falcon Club,which is a combination event/VIP movie theater/boutique shopping/fitness center. The interior decoration is still ongoing, but the movie theater is running. I went there on the weekend and saw an English language movie with Russian subtitles. Very comfortable broad seating with footrests. Some therters have recliners with service at your seat (according to the website).

Next time I will go and try to take pictures.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 7:44 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by cbellero
So, I had been planning to stay there this weekend, but failed to do so. However, I did manage to go into the hotel. They are still fixing things here and there in the lobby. However the lobby smells very new, is quite modern and warm. The bar which is also in this space is of marble, which is not particularly my taste, but it looked fine. Noticeable was the lack of people in the lobby area.

In front of the hotel is the Falcon Club,which is a combination event/VIP movie theater/boutique shopping/fitness center. The interior decoration is still ongoing, but the movie theater is running. I went there on the weekend and saw an English language movie with Russian subtitles. Very comfortable broad seating with footrests. Some therters have recliners with service at your seat (according to the website).

Next time I will go and try to take pictures.
I really look forward to the pictures! I was in Minsk this summer and didn't get a chance to check it out, but hopefully will be able to do so during my (likely) trip next summer. From the pictures I've seen, though, it seems like they really are going all out and trying to be very, very glitzy (as Eastern European versions of Western chains tend to be).
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Can someone confirm the exec lounge is open on the weekend?

Cheers.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Can someone confirm the exec lounge is open on the weekend?

Cheers.
It is open every day. Enjoyed the food a lot.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaenks
It is open every day. Enjoyed the food a lot.
Thanks. I thought it probably was, but the website didn't say for sure. Will update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 5:33 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Marriott Minsk Review

Marriott Minsk

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Marriott Minsk

20 Pobediteley Avenue Minsk, BY 220020

Marriott Minsk Review (16 Photos)

Marriott Minsk

Check In

As a platinum guest the paperwork had all been prepared. I only had to have my passport and visa scanned, credit card swiped and to select my platinum amenity. For those who struggle with Russian, the two ladies at check in spoke flawless English. After having had the facilities explained to me, I was then walked to the room. A gentleman asked if I wanted assistance with my suitcase. Since it was a carry-on size, I declined.

Room

The rooms are all brand new, since the hotel is only a few months old. I was updgraded from a standard room to a hospitality suite. The room is very spacious with a separate bedroom. The lounge, dining, wet bar area has plenty of seating options. The wet bar has a large minibar into which you could also store most private food items, if you decided to do so. There is no microwave or other rudimentary cooking option. A Lavazza coffee maker is available along with capsules and complimentary bottled water.

Generally there are plenty of outlets located throughout the room, including at the bed. There is also an HDMI connection to the two tvs in case you want to hook your laptop up. The wifi speed was perfectly fine, including for video streaming.

The bed is the standard Marriott bed. I have this bed at home, so I always feel like I am in my own bed when I stay at a Marriott.

The room has a large balcony with small table and chair. It overlooks the Svislotch river and a not-quite-finished event building. At least, that is what I think it is. I imagine when it is summer, it would be nice to sit out on the balcony. However, at -4 C, I am less inclined to sit out there. Perhaps smokers would enjoy this option.

The bathroom has a step-less walk-in rain shower with plenty of water pressure.

The bathroom and overall the entire room is very clean.

The furnishing is modern.IMG_0034.jpgIMG_0033.jpgIMG_0032.jpgIMG_0031.jpgIMG_0029.jpgIMG_0028.jpgIMG_0026.jpg

I would describe the location as being close to the center. A taxi to central areas is about ten minutes. In the same complex as the hotel is a VIP movie theater that is already open. Soon some boutique shops and a large fitness center will be opening in the complex.

Executive Lounge

The executive lounge is located on the ground floor. It is open every day from 6:30-23:00. Breakfast is offered there from 6:30-11:00. During the day snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks are offered. In the evening they offer alcoholic beverage, hors d'oeuvres and evening desserts from 17:00-19:00.

Access is allowed for two persons. Additional persons attract a charge of USD 25.

IMG_0038.jpgIMG_0040.jpgIMG_0041.jpgIMG_0042.jpgIMG_0043.jpgIMG_0044.jpgIMG_0045.jpg

Dining

So far I have only tried the breakfast which is available from 6:30-11:00. The selection was very good. An omelette station is also available. My rate included breakfast, so I am not sure what the charge would be. Sundays they have a jazz brunch. Will try that out tomorrow.

Fridays are listed as Ladies nights for the bar. Saturdays are Don Juan nights - not exactly sure what that means.

The main lobby bar is a bit sterile for my tastes. There is also a separate bar in which smoking is allowed, which seems to be a bit cozier. However, it looked quite smoky.

Gym

IMG_0036.jpgIMG_0037.jpg

Recent Update

Recently I went by the hotel and noticed that the building in front of the hotel with the commercial space and the movie theater finally seemed to be filling up with shops, etc. Hopefully this trend continues. The hotel lobby area still looks new.

The movie theater continues to offer a good experience.

Marriott Minsk Review

Would you like to write a review on the Marriott Minsk?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the detail trip report & pictures. Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know if the Renaissance has a better city-center location? I would like to be within walking distance of most of the sites. Also planning on using Uber in Belarus...any past experiences?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.