Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Santiago, Chile (Master Thread)

Four Points Santiago, Chile (Master Thread)

Old Jul 18, 2001, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Arrow Four Points Santiago, Chile (Master Thread)

Location: City, on Santa Magdalena, just off the Avenida Providencia (one of Santiago's main drags), and convenient to the Los Leones Metro Station (Metro is clean, modern, efficient--second only to Moscow Metro, methinks)

Providencia district is pleasant, lots of new construction (mostly luxury high-rise apartments), several embassies located here, many clubs/restaurants nearby on General Holley.

Service : Excellent. Check-in was a breeze. I speak passable Spanish, and most conversations I had with the staff were in Spanish (b/c I initiated them in Spanish) - but front desk staff also fluent in English, and very efficient/attentive.

Accommodation : Excellent. Upgraded to corner suite on 12th floor (It's winter there now, so not a high occupancy rate, so my SPG Gold did the trick). Balcony with city view. The suite was nicely appointed, and the balcony ran adjacent to both rooms.

The evening of my arrival the manager on duty called to offer me a bottle of nice, dry Chilean red wine, gratis. After it was delivered, I realized that it hadn't been opened and there was no corkscrew to be found--but I dropped by the front desk later and had them send up a "sacacorchos", and everything was set right.

I had to stay in the city for the duration of my visit, but the hotel can arrange day trips to Vina del Mar and also a winery tour in the Maipo valley to the south.

When I collected my luggage from left luggage, the bell boy asked me if I needed a taxi, which I did, to the airport. The hotel arranged a private taxi for less than I would have otherwise paid.

A couple of notes:

(A) There is internet access at the business center--first ten minutes free, C$4,000 per hour thereafter--about US$6. At the internet cafe two doors down from the hotel it is US$1.50/hour. The business center, however, is devoid of computer gamers.

(B) There is no latch mechanism on the outside of the patio-style doors to the balcony. If you close the door behind you, you had better like sleeping al-fresco.

Regards,

O/H

Old Sep 5, 2001, 2:10 pm

I also found this property to be very good. A couple of minor notes:

1) The location is somewhat distant from central Santiago. If your trip is short, you may find this somewhat inconvenient. As indicated previously, the neighborhood surrounding the hotel is quite pleasant, however, with a bit of its own nightlife.

2) Some constricution was going on during my stay. The main entrance was closed, and it was necessary to use a side entrance. One of the elevators was out of service, but there didn't seem to be many guests at the hotel, so I didn't have to wait very long.

3) In addition to the Internet access previously mentioned through the business center, the hotel also offers free dial-up access through an extension within the hotel. I have no idea how they've got this set up exactly, but they don't seem to have very much capacity--several times I tried to use it and discovered that the line was busy.

The hotel has some of the trimmings usually associated with full-service luxury hotels, such as three phones in each room and 24 hour room service. That was nice, and better than I expected from my first stay at a Four Points hotel.
Old Aug 17, 2002, 6:26 pm
SST

Anyone stayed at the FourPoints Santiago, Chile?

Potential 3 night stay over Thanksgiving for a mileage run: I've got a two-nights-for-one cert from the Intercontinental, too, so I need at least one night.

Is this 4-points in a good neighborhood? How's it seem? Any restaurant recommendations around it?
Old Aug 18, 2002, 9:46 pm
In Memoriam

The 4 Points in SCL is a nice property, located in a good area with nearby restaurants and a subway stop. You can walk to the river and, if you're ambitious, to the central business district (15-20 minutes). Good staff and they treat Platinum's very well.
Old Aug 19, 2002, 12:17 am

Agree with Exmo. Stayed at the Four Points about 3 months ago for two nights. Everything was top-notch. I typically stay at Westins, Ws, or Luxury Collection Hotels in the US, and I found this Four Points to be almost on par with US Westins. Was upgraded to a very spacious room with a view of the river. Location is good - adjacent to the hotel is a large entertainment area with tons of bars and restaurants. Plenty of people are out at night in this area. Subway access is also very easy, as previously mentioned.

There are some excellent restaurants within a 5 minute cab ride. I forget the names of the places but they are some of the best seafood restaurants in Santiago. One is called "Mar y Something" (I forget what the "Something" is.
Old Aug 19, 2002, 6:50 am

I have traveled to Santiago for about 10 years.

I have left the Sheraton and moved to the 4 Points since it opened.

Why? It is in a nice neighborhood where you can walk in the evenings and feel safe. There are many nice bars and restaurants within walking distance. Walk home late at night is no problem.

If business takes you downtown, the subway is close by and much quicker than taxis.

The rooms are nice.

What the Sheraton has over the 4 Points is the pool and athletic club.

Enjoy your stay!
Old Sep 1, 2002, 1:33 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Also doing a run during the Thanksgiving long week-end.. Any new updates on which hotel I should choose ???
SST Where are you staying ???
Old Nov 13, 2002, 10:09 am
SST

Couscous: sorry to be so many weeks in responding. Mrs. SST and I are at the Intercontinental for two nights, and then at the Mariott for one more (hey, freebies!)

Anyone have any restaurant recommendations in the area????

[This message has been edited by SST (edited 11-13-2002).]
Old Dec 7, 2002, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Had a very nice stay at the Four Points in late November.

As a Platinum, I had an upgrade to a small suite (living room and bedroom, no kitchen facilities), with a huge view terrace, on a high (11th) floor.

Never actually ate in their restaurant, but DID order room service breakfasts, which were excellent and promptly delivered.

Phone charges were reasonable.

Neighborhood, as others have commented, is very good. Plenty of dining and shopping nearby. Plus, the Los Leones subway (metro) station is just a few minutes' walk, and the ride is only ten minutes to the center of town.

Kathy
Old Dec 7, 2002, 11:03 pm

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Quoted from
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum74/HTML/004814.html

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LH738:
Four Points by Sheraton Santiago (29-Oct-02/30-Oct-02)

- large TV set
- free Internet access (notebook necessary)

- smoking room though non-smoking room booked
- check-in agent needed a reminder for the platinum amenity choice (and found the prepared papers just next to him. He knew my status already from the beginning: he saw it in the reservation and even asked if I have really Platinum status.)
- dark light in the room (at least bright light in the bathroom)
- multi-directional shower (water poured in every direction)
- hotel description: Deluxe Room (Oversized Room, A Large Room With Beautiful Mountains And City View); my description: small room, no sitting area, as far as I remember: only one chair for a room with two people (maybe good for a young couple or for playing "Journey-to-Jerusalem": nothing applied to us. The view was mainly to a building (and only with some sympathetic consideration to the mountains).

-&gt; After reading all those positive comments on Flyertalk, it seams that I used the wrong entrance and stayed in a different Four Points. My impression is only negative.

San Cristobal Tower (01-Nov-02/02-Nov-02)
Pictures

- comfortable check-in: sitting in front of a nice desk, choice of champagne/orange juice/pineapple juice
- Lounge was very nice and stylish. I found the prices reasonable (breakfast 24238CLP for two persons; 1525CLP for a mineral water; dinner/buffet was free of charge)
- check-in agent informed about a suite upgrade which I refused because a friend joined during the night (single beds necessary)
- amenity choice program handed out by the lady while she searched for another room with two single beds
- well-equipped nice room with CD player, sitting area, large bathroom, ...
- additional gifts (additional to platinum amenity choice): bottle of wine, a variety of fruits/nuts/chocolates/drops, vouchers for free drinks (Pisco Sour)
- summary of news in the morning at the door
- thick, comfortable mattress
- all staff (bellmen, check-in agent, Butler, ...) was very helpful and showed an attitude that we were most welcome

- bed cover is only a blanket
- only one bed was prepared by turn-down service
- I had ordered a room with two single beds but a suite with King size bed was assigned

-&gt; I enjoyed the stay very much. Highly recommended. Only the bed blanket should be improved.

BTW, prices for taxi ride were (airport - hotel):
- to the Four Points: 8000CLP
- to the San Cristibal Tower: 9000CLP.
(735CLP ~ 1US$)
</font>
Old Jun 13, 2003, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Four Points by Sheraton Santiago

Is there anything special about this hotel that I should know about? What do people think?
Old Jun 14, 2003, 7:37 pm

It's not a bad hotel and it's in a good location - around the corner from a number of restaurants and within walking distance of a major shopping district. The rooms are nothing special, although they're pretty new. If you get a good rate, it's not a bad value for the money.

For luxury and service, the Towers at the Sheraton Cristobal is great. They have nice rooms (I was in a suite) and a good lounge. The location isn't as good, but it's a special place.
Old Jun 14, 2003, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I stayed at the Four Points Santiago a few days last November (springtime in Chile).

It's a very new property. Not a luxury hotel, but very decent. Lots of nightlife, shopping, and restaurants within a few blocks radius. Plus, only a few minutes' walk gets you to the metro stop, where you can zip to central Santiago in a matter of minutes.

I had a room service American-style breakfast every morning, and it was delivered promptly and was very good. There is apparently a breakfast buffet but I never tried it. There's a travel agent desk in the lobby where you can book day tours (for example, to Valparaiso) if you want.

So, unless you're a luxury addict, you'll probably find the Four Points has what you need.

Kathy
Old Jun 15, 2003, 11:32 am
In Memoriam

As others have said, a decent, clean, well run hotel. Not luxurious but nice. The restaurant is nothing to write home about but there are many others within easy walking distance. They do have suites for PLT upgrades, subject to availability, and a business center with several computers and Internet connectivity.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 3:45 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Hi Goat - I meant to tell you - definitely take the elevator up to the top floor of the Towers portion of the Sheraton San Cristobal.

The view of the mountains will be awesome at this time of year, and the lounge up there is fabulous.

The staff waits on you hand and foot - and the food is excellent. Expensive yet the view is just wonderful.

I stayed at this property back in '98 - just fabulous. Great bathrooms and amenities.

[This message has been edited by freeupgrade (edited 06-15-2003).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.