Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Kimpton Inner Circle, Hertz PC
I know this is a bit late, but for other flyers wondering the same thing I would say stay at the Aloft. It isn't really even close.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 1:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BluHorseshoe
I know this is a bit late, but for other flyers wondering the same thing I would say stay at the Aloft. It isn't really even close.
to each their own.Ive stayed at the 4P a handful of times and have another upcoming stay. I stayed at the aLoft once and tha was 1 time too many

Im not saying the 4P is a great hotel but its OK for a late return into PHL or the night before an early departure
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:09 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Four Points PHL Airport = No Longer a Good Points Redemption

Four Points By Sheraton Philadelphia Airport

4101a Island Ave Philadelphia, PA US 19153

Four Points PHL Airport = No Longer a Good Points Redemption (6 Photos)

Four Points By Sheraton Philadelphia Airport

I had an overnight stay at 4P PHL airport during a layover.  I booked this hotel because I just needed a bed and at 4k Starpoints this was a good points redemption while other hotels at the airport required considerably more. Since August this property has increased to 17.5k Marriott points which is now the same as several other Marriott/Starwood hotels at PHL airport such as Aloft, Sheraton Suites, Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, and Residence Inn.  At check-in I was offered the choice of 250 Marriott points or breakfast.  Even though I only had a one-night stay and I did not expect breakfast to be fantastic (and it was not, see below), to be honest 250 Marriott points is so ridiculously low that I took breakfast.  

The hotel has 24/7 shuttle from the airport.  The shuttle is used for the 4P, Aloft, and Sheraton Suites, because all three hotels are actually at the same location. This would be a good hotel for a mattress run between three Starwood properties but going forward that is less useful given that stay counts have less importance now since the Marriott merger.  I guess it can still be useful for some Starwood folks for the next 2.5 months before the end of the year.  In the morning the shuttle to the airport runs three times per hour.

Room

The hotel is ok for an overnight stay, nothing more nothing less.  The bed was comfortable and the room was clean, which is all I was asking.  The layout is a bit strange with the sink being right in the corridor as you enter the room, instead of being in the bathroom. The bathroom is ok but I would prefer to have a stand-alone shower rather than shower in the tub.  Note that there is only one room type at this property so there cannot be any kind of Platinum upgrades, which is no different than at Aloft or Sheraton Suites.

20181009_154612.jpg20181009_154624.jpg20181009_154658.jpg20181009_154814.jpg

Dining

The breakfast is …. unusual.  They have scrambled eggs, sausage, roasted potatoes, and muffins.  That’s it. Nothing else, not even fruits.  I rarely travel to the USA, but come on, I cannot imagine that it is now the unhealthy norm in the land of Uncle Sam for a hotel brand such as 4P?  It was early morning so I asked the lady in the restaurant if they had fruits, thinking that perhaps they had not gotten around to bringing them yet, but no. They just don’t offer fruits for breakfast.  When she saw my disappointment she brought me a bowl of berries from the kitchen which was appreciated, so kudos to them for providing an alternative to please a guest. In addition, there is no self-serve juice, only coffee.  However I saw a couple ask for juice and the lady brought them a glass from the kitchen, just like she did for my berries.  

20181010_062721.jpg20181010_063028.jpg

Overall

Now that points redemptions have increased at this property, I no longer see any reason to book this hotel for points in the future. I would rather try the Aloft or even better the Sheraton Suites if it will cost the same number of points.  If booking with cash, I would consider the 4P again but only if there was a meaningful discount relative to others otherwise I would try somewhere else, for example Sheraton Suites has a Club Lounge so it would provide more value for Plats than 4P.

Four Points PHL Airport = No Longer a Good Points Redemption

Would you like to write a review on the Four Points By Sheraton Philadelphia Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.