Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Review Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Smile Review Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Map| 4 Reviews | 75% Recommended

22/2 Moo 4 Sa Khu, TH 83110

Review Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach (49 Photos)

Excellent stay in this very nice hotel that I strongly recommend you if you go to Phuket. I had booked a Deluxe room and was upgraded to Ocean room which is larger and has a nice balcony with sea view. The hotel is located conveniently 10-15 min drive from HKT airport, on a hill overlooking Naithon beach and occupies quiet a large area with several small buildings/bungalows and pool villas.

I had booked the airport transfer and so was welcomed at the airport and was driven to the hotel with fresh water and cold perfumed towels, accompanied by someone form the welcomer team taking special care of guests with status.

Check In

Upon arrival, I was directed to the priority desk for Le Club member (1st time I see one staffed !). A glass of champagne was offered as a welcome drink. The hotel organization was presented (pools, restaurants, etc). Another drink voucher was given (was told that it was valid for everything including champagne, but in practice, it is valid for wine, beer, soft drinks but not champagne but their wine selection was quite decent, sot they were forgiven). The Plat benefits include free laundry/pressing for 5 items (use dit – no pb was not added to bill).

The hotel was very busy (they told me close to full occupancy). It was mainly families, as this was during the summer holidays. About 60% Asian , 40% Westerners/Australians. Despite the numerous families with young children, it was not a factory-like hotel and people were behaving very well.

The hotel lobby & bar is very large and pleasant, with very comfy sofas, and semi-beds where it is so nice to read a book in and fall asleep ! Also some sofas surrounded by water…very romantic at sunset !

Pool

There are 2 pools. The main one, under the lobby, overlooking the beach and at the same level as the pool bar and main restaurant :

The secondary one, upper on the hills, near the fitness room and kindergarden :

The pool villas (look very nice…):

Dining

Two restaurants :
- the main one where they serve breakfast buffet and where you can have la carte dinner + Thai buffet on some evening. The la carte food was better than the buffet because, as often with buffet, the warm food is in fact cold and dry. Also, this Thabuffet evening, the restaurant was archi full and the service was completely disorganized with staff running around, taking forever to take your order, making mistakes with drinks and other ordered meals, not removing dirty plates, etc. When I complained about all this, I was kindly offered a glass of wine.

- An Italian restaurant : very good, when you are bored of Thafood

Amenities

There is a large business center/computer room/meeting room. One of the nicest I’ve ever seen in a hotel, as you can judge on the 2 pictures below :

Room

My Ocean room. I really liked the decor and ambiance of the room. It includes a Nespresso machine, a bluetooth speaker, 2 plates of cakes, a separate sofa and a terrace with another sofa. About the Nespresso machine, one negative point is that you are allowed only 2 free capsules for your entire stay (normally it’s per day). Some more are available in the room but for a (small) fee. This is a bit nickel & diming, especially for Elite members. Free soft drinks from the minibar (refilled every day and your welcomer team is asking you about your preferred drinks and they accordingly adjust the content of the minibar).

View from the room/terrace :

The beach : easily accesible from the pool via a flight of stairs. The hotel has also a shuttle running to different parts of the beach. It is important to note that it is a public beach. The hotel does not have a private area and this is a pity because it is very nice from above but once you’re on…it is a complete garbage dump. Totally scandalous: hundreds of flip-flop shoes, lighters, cans , plastic and glass bottles, papers, etc. Furthermore, do not expect to swim there. It’s a very dangerous beach with big waves and very strong currents…a heaven for surfers but not for regular beach clients.

So knowing this, I stayed no more than 10 minutes on the beach…and a big storm was coming, so time to run back to the hotel !!!

The hotel from the beach :

At sunset, the place gets very nice. The bar/lobby get animated with a very good Philippino singer. One evening, we had the GM free evening cocktail , I had a quick chat with him.

Service

Check-out was slow, as I used some Le Club vouchers and I faced once again some training issues of the staff (the lady had to call somebody, who had also to call a 3rd person…). I recently suggested to Amy (Accorconcierge) that Accor should implement a bar code on the vouchers which could be just scanned by the staff at check-out to check the validity and the 40 Euros automatically converted into local currency and inserted in your bill.

Overall

Overall, an excellent stay in this very nice hotel. Thank you to Seen and Ariel for the excellent welcome and service

Would you like to write a review on the Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 15, 2015, 4:23 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Another great review Goldorak (I sound like a bloody broken record )

This is one of the hotels on my "to do list". The Nespresso situation (2 per stay) is just laughable. These are not exactly high priced items.

Shame about the beach, I actually disagree with "private" beaches generally but it is a shame the hotel can't be bothered to collect the trash regularly, even if public.

Unfortunate they don't have a lounge.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:05 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

Nice review. Also on my to do list when we're next in Phuket. Were not beach people, so in a way this is good.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for that Goldorak. I'll actually be there on Tuesday for my 2nd stay at this hotel. I will report back!
Old Aug 16, 2015, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thank you guys

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Nice review. Also on my to do list when we're next in Phuket. Were not beach people, so in a way this is good.
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Another great review Goldorak (I sound like a bloody broken record )

This is one of the hotels on my "to do list". The Nespresso situation (2 per stay) is just laughable. These are not exactly high priced items.

Shame about the beach, I actually disagree with "private" beaches generally but it is a shame the hotel can't be bothered to collect the trash regularly, even if public.

Unfortunate they don't have a lounge.
Agree on everything Starflyergold . And yes, too bad for the lack of lounge, but TBH it was so nice to be in the regular bar in the evening with this excellent Philippino musician and singer...

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Thanks for that Goldorak. I'll actually be there on Tuesday for my 2nd stay at this hotel. I will report back!
Excellent. Looking forward for your report ^
I hope for you the weather will have improved. On the day of arrival and departure, the weather was apocalyptic (see below on the road from/to the airport). Fortunately, it has improved during the stay

On arrival :

On departure :

Old Aug 16, 2015, 4:59 am

I hope so too Goldorak. The weather has been fine in Bangkok. Regarding the beach issue I read somewhere that the GM Brett was trying to negotiate a joint operation with the local government. He explained that hotels are not allowed to employ people to clean the beaches because they are government owned and not private. I think he is trying to reach an agreement to overcome these obstacles so I don't think it's a case of the hotel not being bothered! I've had email correspondence with him and as I didn't meet him last time (he was away in Bangkok) I should be able to find out more this Thursday at the GM drinks!. I understand that he is also the regional director for Phuket and Krabi which covers quite a few properties.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:39 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG

This property looks amazing and thanks for the review. Shame about the beach though.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Looking at the young love birds in the lovely purple beach sofa, I will give the address to my grand'ma.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 2:59 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
One of my favorite hotel in phuket
Ocean room is my favorite room type (on building 3)
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:11 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I love this resort as well.

We stayed when it was still in the soft opening and we were upgraded as a once off to a pool villa - absolutely amazing. Although i don't believe they do that now.

Can't wait to return now it's all finished.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:38 am

Just a quick report back on my last stay in August. The hotel's clientele has changed considerably with a higher proportion of tour group guests. Although the hotel is still very good, it is not quite the 9.5/10 I gave it last time. It's more like an 8.5. Breakfast is chaotic with all the people there (no one welcomed us on 3 out of the 4 days and didn't even offer tea or coffee etc). The quality of the food at breakfast has also deteriorated. The rooms and facilities are still very good, as is the service, although you'd get outstanding staff among very good staff so if you get the outstanding member, you can tailor your dishes in the restaurant etc and this makes a real difference.

The GM still has a cocktail evening but it's once a week now (Thursdays). I managed to talk to him right at the end and as everyone had gone, we spoke for about an hour. It was a very interested discussion - he was aware of many of the issues I raised. The key information that would interest Flyertalk members is that they are planning to build a club lounge to open probably at the end of 2016 or beginning of 2017. This will be a game changer, especially as it will offer more privacy in light of the crowded breakfast area dominated by tour groups. Also, the number of rooms for tour groups is capped at 50 per night and he is aware of the challenges. Indeed, he is doing a lot of local community liaison to resolve the issues with the beach and seems to be making good progress on this so that he is able to get the beach cleaned regularly. And finally, there are plans for at least one Sofitel and one more Pullman in Phuket, which is also exciting. He said that most owners in Asia are wanting to brand as Pullman as it is much cheaper than Sofitel in terms of the initial investment. Therefore, Pullman as a brand is being re-defined in Asia as a kind of more informal resort-style luxury brand compared with a more upmarket / classical Sofitel brand. I would recommend trying this hotel as it is still in my Top 5 Accor hotels.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
And finally, there are plans for at least one Sofitel and one more Pullman in Phuket, which is also exciting.
How do I request a Sofitel So Phuket - that would blow my mind as I absolutely love the So Bangkok.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:32 am

Westerns/Australians?

I don't get the differentiation of the groups.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
@ Goldorak

are there any local restaurants and shops in walking distance to the hotel?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by olisch
are there any local restaurants and shops in walking distance to the hotel?
A few restaurants, yes. Shops ? I have to admit I didn't pay attention

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.