Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Get back to the hotel wifi log in screen to order faster speed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

I'm staying in a Springhill Suites and as I usually do, I signed into the complimentary wifi.

Now I'm trying to stream video and I'd rather pay the $4.95 for the faster wifi service but how do I get back to that page?

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting but it still recognizes my connection to the free wifi.

I've also tried clearing my cache and internet history.

It just keeps me logged into the free wifi.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Go to network connections and select "forget this network" or whatever the wording is. The try to connect to the hotel network again.

Hopefully that will work. Good luck!
Old May 25, 2015, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Yeah unfortunately I don't see an option for that. I clicked on the wifi icon in the bottom right corner (icon tray) and the only options it allows are connect/disconnect based on whatever your status is.

I opened up the Network & Sharing Center and there's no where to Forget Network either. I even disabled and enabled my wireless adapter and tried releasing/renewing my IP through the command prompt.

No dice. Guessing I'll have to wait for the hotel's router to boot me like it does every 24 hrs.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:22 pm
Suspended

I know there's a way to do it on a Windows, but unfortunately just have my iPad with me so can't go through it myself right now. And it's probably different on each version of a Windows. Argh...

This from Googling:

To delete a wireless network connection
Start Network and Sharing Center.
In the Tasks pane, click Manage wireless networks.
Right-click the connection you want to delete, and then click Remove network.
In the Manage Wireless Networks - Warning dialog box, click OK.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...=ws.10%29.aspx
Old May 25, 2015, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Yeah I googled that too. I actually did find the list of networks where you can delete a network but I don't see the Springhill Suites network that i'm currently logged into.

All I see are some past networks from various places I've frequented, my home wireless network, etc. I removed all of them except my home network but still no dice.

Strange.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Well, we tried!

Have a nice afternnon anyway.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

No sweat, it's just an inconvenience. Thank you for trying to help!
Old May 25, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
new dhcp address

I think you might need a new DHCP address as the host DHCP server is has probably cached you as having selected the regular.

you can probably do a dhcp release and renew on whatever device you are on, then delete your caches again, or you can probably contact the customer support for the service provider (It's usually on the main screen) and they can renew your connection.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:35 pm
Suspended

I have no doubt some of the actual computer guys here would know exactly how to fix it. Maybe one of them will check in later.
Old May 25, 2015, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When you signed into the wifi, it probably gave you a confirmation screen of some kind - usually with a link to manage your connection/see how much time you have left/that kind of thing. If you don't remember that page's address (and who would?), then you can either wait for your free period to time out, when it will prompt you to sign on again, or you can call the front desk and ask them if they can reset your wifi connection because you'd like to switch to the faster tier.
Old May 25, 2015, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try 1.1.1.1 in your browser.
Old May 25, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Go to Control Panel, find Wireless Network Connection - there should be options to Disable/Enable the Adapter, and under it - Connect/Disconnect ... it should display the SSID that you are connected to.

Play around with those and while you are at it - with adapter enabled, launch Command Prompt & run IPCONFIG release, then renew - or better yet, power cycle the laptop/notebook. Reconnect with your alternate browser (Chrome vs. Firefox, etc.) and clear/flush cookies & cache, if any from previous session - and reconnect to see if you can get the "Welcome" screen
Old May 25, 2015, 7:32 pm

It's keying off your wireless adapter's MAC address. Change the MAC address and you'll get the login screen again.

http://www.howtogeek.com/192173/how-...linux-and-mac/
KRSW and HDQDD like this.
Old May 25, 2015, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by RandomNobody
It's keying off your wireless adapter's MAC address. Change the MAC address and you'll get the login screen again.

http://www.howtogeek.com/192173/how-...linux-and-mac/
+1

It is almost certainly authorizing your computer using the MAC address. Releasing and renewing the IP address likely won't help, and neither will disconnecting/forgetting the wireless network. Change your MAC address or contact the helpdesk to clear out your registration.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:03 am

I was able to switch to high speed by going into my browser history and opening the first screen for hilton wifi, quickly hitting the X for stop loading and then with the opening option now available, sign up for higher speed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.