Leg on M&M award not issued - any advice welcome!

Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Angry Leg on M&M award not issued - any advice welcome!

We have an award booking on LH and JJ in February for the following routing: MUC-FRA-EZE //FLN-CGH/GRU-MUC.

I have been having trouble before with the FLN-MUC as it was originally booked directly via GRU but then JJ rescheduled the flight and the connecting time in GRU was below one hour; only after about five lengthy phone calls with M&M someone finally managed to book us onto a flight FLN-CGH, I agreed to arrange for airport transfers to GRU on myself (transfer time: 4,5 hours) and then continue to MUC directly. This is what was confirmed by LH.

When I went to print my ticket receipts last week I found out that the JJ leg FLN-CGH was not included and called M&M.
They informed me that the leg had not been issued for unknown reasons and all they could offer was to put me onto a flight which leaves FLN 4,5 hours earlier and I would have to do with a nine hour transfer in SAO as the originally booked flight does not have availability in the award class needed anymore.
I declined this option and asked them to issue the ticket as originally booked and confirmed as no cancellation or schedule change on behalf of JJ has taken place.
I have now talked to roughly five agents in all parts of the world who all confirmed they would look into it but with no result - I am stuck with a booking with a nine hour transfer period in SAO on my desired date or an alternative of going FLN-GIG-FRA-MUC on the same day (unacceptable due to the arrival time in MUC) or the connection that I initially was confirmed on a day earlier (also unacceptable as it is cutting a day off our already planned and booked vacation).
I am very unhappy with the service received and have the feeling that LH is not in control of their processes...

I would be happy for any advice on my rights and to hear about other similar experiences and the respective resolutions.
Thanks!

Last edited by tpm80337; Jan 15, 2013 at 11:33 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.