Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Tower of London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Tower of London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
no from 5pm.

Alcohol is out, just no food.

They set that up around 4:50pm

I've given up now. Going out for dinner.

Maybe someone forgot.
wow, sorry to hear that, I don't remember the lounge being particularly good for food to be honest but the breakfast was decent and (admittedly a year or two ago) usually good for upgrades...hope the evening gets better for you!

Worth asking about the situation when you get back?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
wow, sorry to hear that, I don't remember the lounge being particularly good for food to be honest but the breakfast was decent and (admittedly a year or two ago) usually good for upgrades...hope the evening gets better for you!

That's a bit rubbish isn't it!.......I would be disappointed too.......I think it was spicy sausages when I stayed back in 2014 i believe....... strangely I clearly remember San Miguel in lounge and great granola at breakfast.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by BotB

Probably a good call to skip the lounge. I haven't eaten in there (or indeed really stayed) since I saw minnie and her mates emerge from behind the counter and run across to help themselves.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Went out - rubbish room if I'm honest.

They reckon they are fully booked - probably true.

Don't think I will be rushing to return not at £400+ or 60,000 points a night.

Have an all day meeting tomorrow talking to potential investors who I'm offering 15% return to - so hopefully it will be worth it LOL
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Went out - rubbish room if I'm honest.

They reckon they are fully booked - probably true.

Don't think I will be rushing to return not at £400+ or 60,000 points a night.

Have an all day meeting tomorrow talking to potential investors who I'm offering 15% return to - so hopefully it will be worth it LOL
Stay at the bankside- i think most of the old tower regulars have decamped to the bankside- its is a very familiar crowd in the lounge!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
In true Wilzla style.... Checked in this evening, booked a last minute PR11PN twin room rate. "Upgraded" to a King Bed on the 6th floor. Would have liked to have stayed in one of the new Exec rooms but it was a last minute booking.

The Executive Lounge is closed this evening due to a maintenance issue, so they have a set up in the breakfast restaurant instead. Seems to be the same offering, beers and wine. White wine is perfectly drinkable. Haven't seen anyways spirits yet but might ask later.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Gomac
In true Wilzla style.... Checked in this evening, booked a last minute PR11PN twin room rate. "Upgraded" to a King Bed on the 6th floor. Would have liked to have stayed in one of the new Exec rooms but it was a last minute booking.

The Executive Lounge is closed this evening due to a maintenance issue, so they have a set up in the breakfast restaurant instead. Seems to be the same offering, beers and wine. White wine is perfectly drinkable. Haven't seen anyways spirits yet but might ask later.

Haha, good man!......thanks for the report!
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:07 pm

Anyone been recently?

I have two nights booked on points based on visiting this hotel for a cocktail one day. Any updates on how they are treating Diamonds? I could decamp elsewhere.........meant to say stay is imminent (week after next).
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:32 am

Let me be the one that updates others.....2 night stay just completed.

Hotel was clearly very busy. Still, is it a good idea to have a trainee on the HHonors desk in those circumstances? No welcome as a Diamond. No discussion of an upgrade (none given). 2 drinks vouchers were unexpected.

Room on 8th floor was fine. A bit done in. Marks on doors and walls and “stuff” on the curtains. MAC was great. We watched Cold Feet on Catch Up! Bathroom is a bit small even for London.

Exec Lounge was great for breakfast. We went one morning at 7.45 and the other at 9.15 and on both occasions it was quiet. Not a lot of choice (hot food is scrambled egg or frittata) but perfectly adequate. Coffee was good. Went for 15 minutes in the evening. Draft Heineken and Los Romero’s wine. A few snacks. Not terribly impressive.

The view from the bar on the top is one of the best in London.

Can’t see myself rushing back unless I really need to be in that area.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Very pleasant stay!

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London

7 Pepys Street London, GB EC3N 4AF

Very pleasant stay! (2 Photos)

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London

I stayed there from 19th to 20th January. I was travelling with my OH and booked a very last minute sale rate for £89. We arrived quite early and wanted to drop the luggage off but were immediately offered an early check in and an upgrade to a newly refurbished Queen Executive Room on the 10th floor. The check in agent was very friendly and the process was efficient. As we were so early the check in agent said that we could go have breakfast in the executive lounge. This was a very nice gesture. The room is newly refurbished and very stylish and quiet. The view was fantastic. We had a very pleasant stay. The location is great and the design very nice.1_IMG_8806.JPG

Check In

Quick and efficient check in, friendly staff.

Room

Great views, soundproof and fairly large. Bathroom a bit small. Enugh power ports (including USB ports by the bed). Large TV.IMG_8808.JPG

2 minute walk to Tower Hill tube station. Bus stops nearby too.

Very pleasant stay!

Would you like to write a review on the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Checking into this hotel myself tomorrow. If I remember correctly, they let me have breakfast in the restaurant instead of the lounge - so benefited from a lot more choice. I'll confirm that this is the case after my stay.

UPDATE: Yes, breakfast in restaurant instead of lounge no problem - also told I could order anything from the restaurant menu too!
wizla likes this.

Last edited by diamond club freeloader; Jan 23, 2018 at 4:09 pm Reason: UPDATED breakfast detail
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Checking into this hotel myself tomorrow. If I remember correctly, they let me have breakfast in the restaurant instead of the lounge - so benefited from a lot more choice. I'll confirm that this is the case after my stay.
Oh yes. I had the second breakfast in the restaurant. No problem.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:24 am

I’m here Thursday night, gig to do in Camden and this is convenient for Liverpool Street for my train home in the morning, booked queen guest room , let’s see what happens upgrade wise....... I’ve only stayed here once before and I remember it being quite nice........ will report back!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wizla
I’m here Thursday night, gig to do in Camden and this is convenient for Liverpool Street for my train home in the morning, booked queen guest room , let’s see what happens upgrade wise....... I’ve only stayed here once before and I remember it being quite nice........ will report back!
Rooms are tiny, the lounge is crap and the gym is nothing special with relatively poor array of kit.

Despite often being the cheapest of the Hilton's with City proximity I avoid this place like the plague.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:42 am

I was there about a month ago after not staying in this property for about 6 years, not much has changed. I think it's time for a refresh. I chose it because it was cheap and easy and I was in the city for all of 12 hours. I mean, I've definitely stayed in much worse, I wasn't bothered by it, but it's time for some new paint and carpet. The lobby looks nice, still, but the rooms could use a more stylish grey instead of the stark white. The old Apple tvs are gone having been replaced by wall-mounted flat screens.

For me, it's a cheap, easy place to stay when in the city for a short time with only need for a place to sleep. I wouldn't do multiple nights there. I know the area, can get there easily, it's not really great for a tourist stay where you want to get comfortable and spread out for a few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.