Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Photo Trip Report: MBS@SIN, Hyatt@KUL & Pepper Crabs- SQ Intra-Asia Business Cabins

Photo Trip Report: MBS@SIN, Hyatt@KUL & Pepper Crabs- SQ Intra-Asia Business Cabins

Old Dec 23, 2012, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Smile Photo Trip Report: MBS@SIN, Hyatt@KUL & Pepper Crabs- SQ Intra-Asia Business Cabins

2012 has been an extremely busy year for me in terms of work, home and travels. As result of the busy schedules, I have found difficulties to start and finish trip reports in this forum. I have probably taken more photos with photo trip reports on my mind this year when I travel than in previous years' trips around the world.

As I about to conclude my Prague trip report, I started to wonder which location I should pick for my next TR. If I do it in terms of the time sequence of the trips, Stockholm would be the next. A wonderful visit I did in this Scandinavian city this summer immediately after my trip to Prague. There were also Brussels, Bruges, Geneva, London, Madrid on the list of cities I visited in the summer and early autumn that I have plans for future trip reports.

All these European trips coupled with my two past trip reports (Amsterdam and Prague) have given me a fatigue mental state on Europe at the moment. As such, I will go out of sequence to show photos from a short visit to Kuala Lumpur/Singapore from a couple of months ago.

Staying at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore and the new Grand Hyatt in Kuala Lumpur and a chance to feast on Singapore Pepper Crabs with my travel partner have provided fresh subjects for photo opportunities.....

......Stay Tuned!!

My other photo trip reports can be accessed by click on the titles below:

Oh Prague! The Pearl of Europe - More LH Business Class Flying!
I AMsterdam - Walking through the canal City /LH Business Class
Colorlessly Stuck in a *A RTW Time Trap-1st Time on BA ClubWorld
RTW On *A -First Time in Australia- Featuring Brisbane!!
Escape to Paris/Mt.St.Michel via LH/A380(PEK-FRA)/EuroStar(LHR-BRU)/Thayls(BRU-PAR)!
Work Visits in Kuala Lumpur & Singapore-A Galore of SQ Flights!
Glimpse of Niagara Falls and Toronto - Experience Air Canada!
Rainy Night at Union Square! Experience UA & CO Premium Products!
The German Odyssey! Berlin/Mainz/Munich/Neuschwanstein/Rhine River
1st Time in Delhi! Experience 4 Different SQ 777 J Seats/Cabins
Colorlessly Stuck in A Time Trap - Another LH Asia-EU C Trip!
Discover Malta's Past and Present! LH C & 1st Time on Air Malta!
The Macau Differences -Turbojet Across the Mouth of Pearl River!
This is London! - Inaugural LH A380 Frankfurt-Beijing Service!!
Hi Seoul, Soul of Asia! - First time flying Asiana!
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg:EU-Asia on LH F & 1st time on Lux Air
Shanghai – An Old City with Modern Make-Ups; LH C from EU to Asia!
Guinness, Trinity, Walking around Dublin- Another LH C Trip Report!
Sleepless in Taipei - Cattle Class over Taiwan Strait on CA/CX!
Colorlessly Stuck in a Time Trap - Not Another UA F/C Transpac Trip!
Plaza Mayor/Heldenplatz, MAD/VIE, LH & 1st time on Austrian/Adria Airways!
Time Square Loses its Colors...Not Just Another UA Trip Report!
Godiva, Neuhaus - Sweeties of Brussels, LH/KA C, CX Wing & SAS Lounge
iPhone Photo Report:PEK-FRA-ZRH-MUC-PEK on LH/LX Business Class
Round-the World on UA (new F Suite), SQ A380/77W (Business), LH 744 (Business) and BD A320 (Business)

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Dec 23, 2012 at 9:30 am
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Pre Departure @ PEK 1 of 4

Old Dec 24, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: UA Global Services, Marriott Gold
I have commented on the picture taken of Singapore CBD before but I felt obliged to say it here again. Truly a work of art; quite unlike any other similar themed pictures I have seen. Being a native Singaporean, your picture brings out the beauty of the city in quite a different way. Thank you for sharing! ^

About your stay at KL Grand Hyatt, it's such a new hotel and I have heard good things. Perhaps consider sharing more pictures of the rooms, restaurants etc to benefit other FTers...
Old Dec 24, 2012, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Pre Departure @ PEK 2 of 4

Old Dec 25, 2012, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Pre Departure @ PEK 3 of 4

Old Dec 25, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: Miles & More;
Great start! I am really looking forward to your pictures of Singapore!
Old Dec 25, 2012, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SAUCflyer
I have commented on the picture taken of Singapore CBD before but I felt obliged to say it here again. Truly a work of art; quite unlike any other similar themed pictures I have seen. Being a native Singaporean, your picture brings out the beauty of the city in quite a different way. Thank you for sharing! ^

About your stay at KL Grand Hyatt, it's such a new hotel and I have heard good things. Perhaps consider sharing more pictures of the rooms, restaurants etc to benefit other FTers...
Thanks for your comments. Please don't over analyse the night photo of Singapore CBD taken from the top of Marina Bay Sands. I have seen so many photos taken from the top of MBS, and they pretty much have the same look of the magnificent Singapore CBD night view, and I was simply trying to experience certain technique I discovered accidentally while taking a photo of NRT from an aircraft at night.

Yes, I will post photos of Kuala Lumpur Hyatt, an outstanding property!

Originally Posted by ARJ85
Great start! I am really looking forward to your pictures of Singapore!
Great to hear from you ARJ85! I cannot wait to see you next photo trip report, especially your night photos.^

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Dec 25, 2012 at 4:38 pm
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Pre Departure @ PEK 4 of 4

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Dec 26, 2012 at 8:17 pm
Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Exclamation Myth about the Great Wall can be seen from space

Ever since I was a child, I have heard that the Great Wall is the only man made object can be seen from the moon. As a naive child, I believed it and continued to believe it well into my adulthood. I guess it was one of those myth that no one seems to be bothered to analyze whether it is scientifically possible.

Well! My own experience is not exactly scientific. The following photos were taken from the SQ flight soon after take off in a bright clear sunny morning. (It does not happen often in Beijing).

The first photo below is the actual photo that I did not crop or enlarge it. As you can see, it was already very hard to see the Great Wall within 90 seconds after the plane took off.

In subsequent photos, you will see the plane flew directly above the Great Wall within 3 min after taking off. The Wall was already hard to see. I enlarged a few photos showing a stretch of the wall near the lake.

The plane was only about half way to cruising altitude and the Wall was already hard to spot.
Ok! F all of you science geeks and experts out there, please don't flame me for my eyeball observation to dispel the myth of noon can be seen from outer space.

For more information about the Great Wall is impossible to be seen from the moon, check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Wall_of_China

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Dec 26, 2012 at 9:17 pm
Old Dec 27, 2012, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PEK-SIN on SQ 777-200 1 of 4

Old Dec 27, 2012, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PEK-SIN on SQ 777-200 2 of 4

I like flying Singapore Airlines for its consistency in high quality offerings of both hard and soft products. I am not into the Singapore Girlish hypes, but more focused on the services they provide rather than the looks or the uniform they wear.

From the seats to IFE, from the wine selection to the quality of caterings, SQ just know how to do services right regardless of the elite status of the passengers, IMHO. SQ does not usually provide complimentary upgrades or upgrade instruments to its elite passengers to maintain and ensure high quality premium cabin offerings. Personally I don't see any problems with that approach. In this particular flight, there were only two passengers (one of them was me) in this mini cabin of 18 seats, and the entire business class cabin was less than 15% full in this 2-class aircraft. Services were outstanding!

I go out of my ways to fly UA for its schedules and route networks and obtain status for rainy days during irregular operations. I go out of my way to fly LH for its consistency and the network to major business centers in Europe for my several EU business trip a year. But, I go out of my way to fly SQ to actually enjoy the flying experience.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Dec 27, 2012 at 5:22 pm
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PEK-SIN on SQ 777-200 3 of 4

Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PEK-SIN on SQ 777-200 4 of 4

Old Dec 29, 2012, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

SIN Transit 1 of 2

From Wikipedia:

Scoot Pte Ltd. is a Singapore-based low-cost long-haul airline. It operates flights on medium and long-haul routes from Singapore, initially to Australia and China, using Boeing 777 aircraft obtained from its parent company, Singapore Airlines. Its head office is in Terminal 1 at Changi Airport in Changi.

Scoot's fleet is expected to consist of four Boeing 777-200ERs (operated as 777-200s) with plans in place to have 14 aircraft by 2016. As of August 2012, it has 4 Boeing 777-200ERs. Its initial fleet was acquired from its parent airline and reconfigured with a new seating layout and modified engines. Singapore Airlines announced on 24 October 2012 that the 20 787 Dreamliners currently on order would be transferred to Scoot to support its growth plans.

Old Dec 29, 2012, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

SIN Transit 2 of 2

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.