Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Entertainment Book - AA Offers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
2013 Entertainment Book - AA Offers

This may be a bit early but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

It looks like the Los Angeles/Long Beach Book 2013 only has the $10 off for base fares of $100 or more. I can't see any $20 or $30 off coupons online (the book itself has yet to arrive).

Nothing new (that I can see) in the T&C.

American Airlines is pleased to offer registered Entertainment® members a special discount of $10 off any fare worldwide!

One AA.com Discount Code can be used for up to 6 (six) passengers traveling on the same itinerary and for any published fare worldwide. Travel embargo dates apply and are subject to change at any time without notice. All published fare rules apply. Additional terms and conditions may apply. American Airlines is a mark of American Airlines, Inc.

Travel must be complete by December 14, 2013.
Discount may be used for up to six passengers on a single purchase.
Discount applies to any published base fare of $100USD.
Discount applies to base fare only and does not apply to government fees or taxes.
Travel must be booked on AA.com. Be sure to have your promotion code, provided at right, readily available when making your reservation.
Discount does not apply to previous reservations placed on hold or purchased.
AA promotion codes cannot be reissued or replaced.
You must be a registered member at Entertainment.com to take advantage of this special offer.
You will receive one code per membership.
Discount only applies to off-peak travel dates.

Use discount codes for travel during the following off-peak travel dates:
2012: August 1 – November 15; November 23 – December 20
2013: January 3 – February 14; February 19 – March 7; March 12-14; March 25-28; April 2-May 23; May 28-July 2; July 8 – August 29; September 3-November 21; December 3-14.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by MauiTigerShark
This may be a bit early but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

It looks like the Los Angeles/Long Beach Book 2013 only has the $10 off for base fares of $100 or more. I can't see any $20 or $30 off coupons online (the book itself has yet to arrive).

Nothing new (that I can see) in the T&C.
Oh. That would make it less valuable.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Ten whole dollars! Woot!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
That is not much of an offer. I bought three books last year for the $20 and $30 coupons. I don't think I will get any this year.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DM, SPG GLD, Hertz 5*, AMEX PLT, GE
I was hoping there were more, we already bought two from a friends school program that sells these. Last years AA coupons were definitely a better value.

AA must have gotten wise to the travels stacking costco giftcards and discount codes.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingTrojan
I was hoping there were more, we already bought two from a friends school program that sells these. Last years AA coupons were definitely a better value.

AA must have gotten wise to the travels stacking costco giftcards and discount codes.
At the Costco giftcards are a thing of the past, stacking them with entertainment coupons would seem to be no factor in AA downsizing the entertainment coupons.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 1:59 pm

I had never heared of the Entertainment book but this is what I googled for the 2011 coupons. BTW: is it one AA coupon only per book?

http://www.squidoo.com/american-airlines-discounts

"Ok, so if you go to the entertainment.com website the coupon only says it's for $10 off each fare - but in my orange county entertainment book it says $20. The coupon isn't in my Las Vegas book at all - maybe because it's not one of the cities you can fly from."
Old Oct 11, 2012, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Zaynab
I had never heared of the Entertainment book but this is what I googled for the 2011 coupons. BTW: is it one AA coupon only per book?

http://www.squidoo.com/american-airlines-discounts

"Ok, so if you go to the entertainment.com website the coupon only says it's for $10 off each fare - but in my orange county entertainment book it says $20. The coupon isn't in my Las Vegas book at all - maybe because it's not one of the cities you can fly from."
www.entertainment.com is the website for the Entertainment Book.

They used to have multiple coupons, ranging from $20 to $30 off. This depends also on the region and book you purchase it for. The LA book has been very generous in the past. Note that you don't need to live in a region to get that book. Also note that different books cost different amounts of money.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 2:11 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin

They used to have multiple coupons, ranging from $20 to $30 off. This depends also on the region and book you purchase it for. The LA book has been very generous in the past. Note that you don't need to live in a region to get that book. Also note that different books cost different amounts of money.
Before that they had a 10% off coupon. I stopped getting the book after those went away.

Cheers.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
If you purchase a book online you receive one code. If you register the book when it arrives you get another code. So $10 off twice. Still nothing as goog as the 2012 book.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by brp
Before that they had a 10% off coupon. I stopped getting the book after those went away.

Cheers.
Yep, exactly. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would pursue this for $10 or $20 off unless they were already buying the Entertainment Book.

Regards
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
Oh yeah. I forgot about those.

I still purchased them even with just $30 off because I buy the books at $5, but in the long run, I'm just saving about $50 or so bucks.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by scubadu
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
Yep, exactly. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would pursue this for $10 or $20 off unless they were already buying the Entertainment Book.

Regards
A few years back, some editions of the Entertainment book retailed for $15. When there was a special offer of free shipping and $10 off per book, at the same time that Fat Wallet was offering a $7 rebate per book .... Well, you do the math.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

I just purchased the Syracuse, NY, Entertainment Book membership, and can report that the membership includes all three AA offers: $10 off a base fare of at least $100; $20 off a base fare of at least $150; and $30 off a base fare of at least $200. Blackout dates apply.

The membership today cost $31.50, with free shipping. I ordered via fatwallet.com, which today is offering a 15% rebate on Entertainment purchases, so my net cost was just under $27.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4mil miles, Hilton Gold
Do you still get Business Extraa miles/points if you use the entertainment coupons? In the past I think not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.