Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Belgrade- REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 22, 2006, 6:11 am
Original Poster

I was there last Fall. As a diamond I was upgraded to the not so very exciting Regency Club. The breakfast is OK and the eveming service dull.

The hotel is located on the edge of the "downtown" - and a couple of kms from the "old town". There is a tram stop just in front of the hotel and it is just a short ride to somewhere there is "action".

I recommend that you keep your expectrations low and you will not be disappointed
Old Feb 22, 2006, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
This thread is from two years ago, never answered, and there is nothing else I can find in the forum about Belgrade.

So - has anyone stayed here? What did you think? How was the location for sightseeing? If you have status, did you get an upgrade to the club floor?
I stayed there in 2004 and enjoyed the property. Since I paid for a club floor room, I do not know if diamonds are given upgrades. Nice club on 7th or 8th floor but smoking is allowed, as you might expect. The property is located across the river (approx. one mile or so) from the downtown area (where you have the best sightseeing) and requires a 5-minute taxi ride to access. Staff were extremely nice and helpful. The hotel has a van and will pick you up at airport for a charge (around $15 or $20 IIRC)- definitely recommended. This can be arranged by email with hotel. Helen Gurley Brown (who published Cosmopolitan magazine) and her husband were down the hall from our room during our visit. Good restaurant in hotel. Mainly business clientele. The Hyatt has the reputation for being the best hotel in Belgrade, so I would definitely stay there. Hotel can also arrange for car and driver to anywhere in area. Hope this helps.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:27 am
Community Director Emerita

Thanks, Bondiboy and RMC500. Did you have time for sightseeing in town or in the area? If so, what do you recommend?
Old Feb 24, 2006, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thanks, Bondiboy and RMC500. Did you have time for sightseeing in town or in the area? If so, what do you recommend?
There are no Michelin three star or two star tourist attractions in Belgrade so I would suggest that you allow no more than an afternoon and evening (if you wish to dine) exploring the city.

Then main (and most probably only) tourist attraction is Kalemegden Park and Fortress which overlooks the city and gives a good view of the junction of the two rivers on which the city is built. The only other place worth you time is the Knez Mihailove wich is a pedestrian street which is the main axis of the old town. This has lots of shops, some historic buildings and eating places.

If for some reason you have allowed lots of time, consider renting a car and driving out of town - possibly even to Bosnia if you have the time.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 6:01 am
Community Director Emerita

Airport Arrival

I arrived at the airport today. I came out of baggage claim/customs expecting to change $50 into local currency, assuming that would cover taxis for a day. There was no place to change currency.

Taxis

I was repeatedly accosted by taxi touts within the hall. My guidebook (Lonely Planet's Best of Belgrade had said to avoid them, so I headed outside. There was no taxi rank!!! Of course, the touts were on me like flies on sugar water, but I eventially got a legitimate taxi who had just dropped someone off to take me. He ran the meter, and at the hotel told me it was equivalent to 15 euros.

Hotel

I happen to be reading Frederick Forsyth's AVENGER. By chance, one of his heros stays at the Belgrade Hyatt. The hotel is on the outskirts of the central city, about two blocks from the Intercontinental. Immediate impressions are of lots of marble. I was given a Regency Club room despite the hotel appearing very busy.

There are several restaurants in the hotel, as well as a large lounge on the ground floor where you can light food in a very comfortable setting. They have a nice range of cakes and teas. I was amused to find just 8 seats non smoking; apparently Serbia hasn't turned its back on cigarettes.

Executive Lounge

The lounge is large and comfortable, with a wall of windows. You can see the Kalemegdan Citadel, the number one sightseeing stop in town. Snacks are put out between 6pm and 8pm. Quantities and serving sizes are very small, but the quality is good. There was salmon, shrimp, mussels, deviled eggs, fritata, tiny chicken tarts, and veggies. 3 different desserts were set out at the same time. They have a nice ranges of teas, made with tea leaves. The staff is very cordial, as is the staff throughout the hotel.

Internet

Internet costs the same, whether in the room, the executive lounge or in the business center. It is $.60/minute, capped at 42 minutes max per day if used in the room when it is about 25 euros.

Gym and Spa

There are extensive facilities on the lower floor. The gym was in active use; I believe that it is a membership facility used by local folks. The jacuzzi looked as though it could hold at least 12 at a time. I had an excellent one hour massage for just 3200 Serbian Dinar, or 40 euros.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Oct 25, 2006 at 2:10 pm
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Heading to the Hyatt Belgrade next weekend.. I used my suite upgrade, and got a nice 3 room suite. Anyone have updated news on this hotels, the lounge, etc.. I booked a package rate with Breakfast, and other free stuff. Just want any updates on service here.. Thanks
Old Jan 9, 2010, 8:36 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 (Bold): BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

Was there about a year ago. Got a Jr Suite on the Regency floor as a diamond. The service was good but the fact that smoking is allowed in the hotel, and particularly in dedicated sections of all restaurants drove me crazy. That was my biggest complaint about the hotel. Spa services were resonably priced and we took advantage of that with a couple of massages.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 8:10 pm

Was there a couple of months ago. Service is very good, particularly in the regency club. Rooms and public areas have been well-maintained. Food is very good. I agree with the previous poster that smoking throughout the hotel is a real problem for non-smokers like myself, although one of the two club floors is set aside for non-smoking guests. If more than one in party, a hotel-arranged car from airport to hotel is less expensive; if only yourself, the hotel van is the best way to go. Transportation can be arranged by email with the hotel. This is definitely the best hotel in Beograd; when I was there, the president of Russia was a guest (with all his security agents), and the prime minister of Slovakia had just departed. After arrival, the hotel can arrange everything for you in terms of cars, drivers, info on where to go, etc. There is a fairly new shopping mall within walking distance, and the old town is about 5 minutes away by taxi. Although Beograd does not seem to be a popular destination, this property is one of my favority Hyatts. In January, be prepared for cold, dreary weather.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:18 am

Stayed in a new renovated suite. Here some pictures:

Suite:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....y-belgrad.html

Hotel:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....belgrad-2.html

Club:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....belgrad-3.html
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I stayed here last year, in an apparently non-renovated junior suite. The service was better than I expected for Serbia; the bar was great.

I am not sure that I would make a special trip to stay in this hotel, but it seems like the best option in Belgrade.
Old May 10, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Been a few years, any recent updates on service and rooms? Thinking about a late May trip.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:05 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Stayed there 2 times this year. Very nice hotel, convenient location, nice upgrade (love their corner suites), but most important : AMAZING staff. Bar is nice too and tea room perfect for chilling in the afternoon. Smoker friendly hotel (this is serbia) and good value for money (even at serbian standards).
Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Recent reports on this hotel?

Have a reservation at Metropol hotel now but need Hyatt stays, so considering this. Price is the same. Looking for a suite with two beds, do they have it? Willing to do a DSU but wondering how the property is overall. First time with Belgrade.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by asnovici
Recent reports on this hotel?

Have a reservation at Metropol hotel now but need Hyatt stays, so considering this. Price is the same. Looking for a suite with two beds, do they have it? Willing to do a DSU but wondering how the property is overall. First time with Belgrade.
They are 2 different kind of hotels. Hyatt is at the edge of the city (old one), it's in new belgrade and you will need taxi for everything.

Their suites are not huge, but they are ok. Not sure about the 2 beds stuff.

If you go for romantic / couple week end i would stay with SPG. During the week end the hyatt is really dead.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by frenchft
They are 2 different kind of hotels. Hyatt is at the edge of the city (old one), it's in new belgrade and you will need taxi for everything.

Their suites are not huge, but they are ok. Not sure about the 2 beds stuff.

If you go for romantic / couple week end i would stay with SPG. During the week end the hyatt is really dead.
Thanks, it's a couple of days with my mom so no romance and not looking for a scene at the hotel, just want superior accommodations. On the photos Hyatt suites look more modern than Metropol, the hotel itself also looks more modern and sleek, is it accurate?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.