Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2002, 4:25 pm
trd
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Grand Hyatt Berlin

I have three nights booked using the Free Nights Faster promo. I am a diamond -- has any diamond stayed there under this promo -- were you upgraded to the RC?? Any other comments on the hotel? Thanks.
Old Feb 6, 2002, 11:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
My experience - on a revenue stay - was no upgrade but they will let you use the lounge if you take your Diamond card with you when you visit.
Old Feb 7, 2002, 1:26 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
We were upgraded as diamonds. Very good (IMHO one of the best) GC. Very good pool/fitness/sauna area.
Old Feb 7, 2002, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Wonderful hotel, very new and modern, in a good section of town. RC rooms were very well furnished, heated bathroom floors, seperate tub/shower, etc. I don't have Hyatt status, so I paid around $225/night to make sure I had a RC room. Well worth it IMHO.
Old Feb 8, 2002, 2:12 am
TCU

Just to reiterate - a great hotel. I stayed there last month and was upgraded to a RC room with no status (original request for a standard room with a view not available).

Modern, striking and tasteful interior, excellent rooms; superb health/leisure facilities (including roof top indoor pool with great views of the city); two very good restaurants. The RC itself was also superb. Enjoy

Old Feb 10, 2002, 11:10 am
Uli

Hi,

I have been sleeping there yesterday. Currently there is the BERLINALE film festival, a part of it right opposite the hotel. I was there on a faster free night award, requestes it five days ago, and they confirmed a room immediately no matter the BERLINALE. And then, on the FREE NIGHT, I have even been upgraded to a perfect studio room.
I dont like their lobby, but the studio room was great -- very big room, nice bed, DSL, very huge shower, many amentities, in all ways more than I had expected.
Old Feb 12, 2002, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Stayed there five nights last June, three of them from an award promotion and was upgraded to RC floor. We had a great stay there, the location near the Potsdamer Platz and across from the Sony Center is super and the gym and pool area are first rate. It appeared to me that there was no check on admission to the RC floor and anyone in the know could use the RC.
Old Feb 13, 2002, 4:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by monitor:
Stayed there five nights last June, three of them from an award promotion and was upgraded to RC floor. We had a great stay there, the location near the Potsdamer Platz and across from the Sony Center is super and the gym and pool area are first rate. It appeared to me that there was no check on admission to the RC floor and anyone in the know could use the RC. </font>

Sometimes they ask for your room number.
Old Feb 14, 2002, 4:44 pm
Uli

you need to put your room card in a card reader in the elevator to get to that floor with the RC club.
Old Feb 15, 2002, 2:26 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Uli:
you need to put your room card in a card reader in the elevator to get to that floor with the RC club.</font>

Not always :-)
Old Apr 30, 2002, 8:47 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
As a Diamond, I've got an Internet Only rate of 170 Euros for 6/22-23. I'm also planning to us a suite upgrade cert I received-- Hopefully I'll get on the RC floor as well. My question is which would be the preferred view--my reservation (at the cheap rate) states courtyard, and since this is probably my only trip to Berlin I wanted the best view I could get. Should I 'request' a street view or would that be very noisy etc.?
I gather Diamonds get treated OK here, and it looks like the hotel is not very full during my stay (from availablity of rates).
Any stay here recently.? Also using public transport, how would I get there from TXL?
Old Apr 30, 2002, 9:10 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mauld:
As a Diamond, I've got an Internet Only rate of 170 Euros for 6/22-23. I'm also planning to us a suite upgrade cert I received-- Hopefully I'll get on the RC floor as well. My question is which would be the preferred view--my reservation (at the cheap rate) states courtyard, and since this is probably my only trip to Berlin I wanted the best view I could get. Should I 'request' a street view or would that be very noisy etc.?
I gather Diamonds get treated OK here, and it looks like the hotel is not very full during my stay (from availablity of rates).
Any stay here recently.? Also using public transport, how would I get there from TXL?
</font>
Chekc the public transport map at http://www.bvg.de/cgi-bin/map.pl?map...lx=20&celly=15 .
Just take the bus to Bahnhof Zoo and then U2 to Potsdamer Platz or take the bus directly from TXL to Potsdamer Platz (not sure about the number). The Hyatt is 2 minutes from the station.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 12:00 pm

i'm on the bandwagon as well. love it, love it, love it!!! i was upgraded as a diamond as well. it was especially cool to see, since when i had been to berlin earlier, i remember potsdamer platz as a super big hole in the ground!!!

the only thing i didn't like was the lack of a clock in the room. i had to ask for one, and they had acutally run out. i find no clocks in the room to be kinda common in germany. what is that about?
Old Apr 30, 2002, 12:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
While I like the hotel, I have had dismal luck using suite upgade certificates, but always received RC upgrade[ Diamond}
Old Apr 30, 2002, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lonman:

the only thing i didn't like was the lack of a clock in the room. i had to ask for one, and they had acutally run out. i find no clocks in the room to be kinda common in germany. what is that about?
</font>
Funny, now that you mention it, I did notice the lack of clocks in many european hotels. I usually bring a small portable alarm clock anyway, since I tend to get paranoid about missing an early am flight out of town.
(I also hate those very complicated alarm many US hotels have)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.