Hilton Beds Too Firm?

Old Aug 26, 2002, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Hilton Beds Too Firm?

Does anyone else find the beds in Hiltons to be so firm as to sometimes be uncomfortable and make for a bad night's sleep?

First time I noticed this was at the Hilton Milwaukee River, which after two months of staying there I moved despite the great staff, service, restaurant, riverside location, etc. I felt bad leaving B8t I was so stressed out by my work that then I couldn't sleep on those extra firm beds.

Then recently, at the Hilton Newark Airport for just one night, I had a hard time falling asleep again for the same reason.

Doubletree and Embassy do not seem to have the same beds, and I liked the way the Embassy bed in New York City was cushy without being saggy.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 9:53 am

IMHO, I don't think the beds are too firm for my aching back. But I think they are harder than those found in Starwood's properties though.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 11:36 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mitquack:
I think they are harder than those found in Starwood's properties though.</font>
While Heavenly Bed is great, I hope you don't expect to find it at Starwood's lower end properties - Four Points hotels. FWIW, the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on was at the Four Points St. Louis West.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually I like most of the the nice Hilton matresses, but the crappy foam K-Mart style pillows gotta go.

MisterNice

[This message has been edited by MisterNice (edited 08-27-2002).]
Old Aug 27, 2002, 5:25 pm

if you dont like the pillows...ask for feather pillows...i always write it in the comments box...i usually, not always, get em
Old Aug 27, 2002, 5:29 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Comments box doesn't get me feathers, but a call to housekeeping does!
Old Aug 27, 2002, 6:51 pm

For me, there is no such thing as a mattress that is "too firm." On the other hand, once in a while my wife and I will run into mattresses that have long outlived their usefulness.

Strangely enough, it happens mainly at Homewood Suites, about 1/4 of the time I stay there.

Mike
Old Aug 27, 2002, 9:56 pm

I love the Hilton firm mattresses.

What I can't stand are the flimsy Marriott mattresses. They are like a waterbed without enough water. Then they use unfitted sheets that pull up and slide around on top of the mattress which isn't covered by a mattress pad. Yuck!!

[This message has been edited by 2bgrounded (edited 08-27-2002).]
Old Aug 27, 2002, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Clearly I'm in the minority. Once I saw a card in a Hilton actually advertising their mattresses for sale from the manufacturer. I thought it was crazy, but clearly they've got quite a few fans -- more power to you.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 12:14 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
I rarely stay at Hilton properties - but I was never disappointed by the bed. A firm bed is much better for the back than a soft one. If I have to sleep in a soft bed, it was the first and last time I was in the hotel - regardless if the bed has nice names like "Heavenly Bed". IMO, the bed that is too hard doesn't exist.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 12:49 am

If you want a FIRM mattress, try the Hilton Seremban Malaysia.

Whilst it doesn't seem to be comfortable (i don't like tough mattresses, prefer soft and float into it! - i had the most awesome, comfortable, enjoyable, refreshed sleep after sleeping on them. Found the bed was a little bit short on the end though...
Old Feb 11, 2006, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

It's been a while since I've had a really bad experience on a Hilton mattress... but I still find myself choosing Doubletree over Hilton because of the mattress issue.

And though it's been four years since I started this thread, I was reminded of it because apparently I'm not alone after all:
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
[PDX] Airport HGI had that miserably uncomfortable bedding.
I hear ya, brother.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 7:26 pm

I'm such a dope! I never thought to ask for a feather pillow.... i just sleep with my head in the crack between 2 of those boulders.

Thanks for the wake up call...
Old Feb 11, 2006, 7:48 pm

Programs: Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I thought the worst Hilton family hotel mattress was at Conrad Singapore. The hotel is nice enough but the mattress isn't. My stay was in last October.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:02 pm
Suspended

The Beverly Hilton bed is better than Westin's Heavenly Bed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.