Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Double Your Miles With This Certificate"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 1999, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

"Double Your Miles With This Certificate"

At least, that's what the certificate says. (I don't think this has been posted yet - if it has, I apologise.)

The certificate (form) is an offer from Healthy Choice. It is good only in the US (and US government overseas addresses) - sorry Rudi; you really must get a US address.

The idea is that you purchase Healthy Choice (brand name) products, and send the cash register tape and "proofs of purchase" (usually UPC symbols) to the address on the form, and for each 10 proofs of purchase they send you Frequent Flyer Certificates good for a total of 1000 miles in participating airline frequent flyer programs. The participating airlines are: American; Delta; Northwest; TWA; United; and US Airways.

If, as we generally figure, a mile is worth about 2 cents, this means for ten purchases, they are providing 1000 miles worth $20, or $2 per purchase. Lots of Healthy Choice items -- ice cream, cold cuts, soups, popcorn, etc. -- also have manufacturers coupons out which can bring the purchase cost below $2, so you're really getting a bargain. Offer ends 31 May 1999.

I'd recommend it to any frequent flyer who eats. (Those who have successfully broken that habit, please let me know your secret.)

Fine print: "Buy any ten (10) Healthy Choice products. Send this completed certificate and ten (10) Healthy Choice UPC symbols plus dated cash receipt(s) with the purchase price for each Healthy Choice product circled, for two (2) 500 mile Frequent Flyer Certificates.

"Offer expires 5/31/99. Maximum number of 500 mile certificates to be deposited within a 12 month period: Delta Air Lines 100, United Airlines 40, and U.S. Airways 100. American Airlines, Northwest Airlines and TWA do not have certificate limits. Consumers must mail each Frequent Flyer Certificate to the designated airline within 12 months to be credited to their account." (More boilerplate follows.)

You only need one form, since the form itself allows you to submit as many UPCs as you want to (must be in multiples of 10) so you can save up and send them all in in late May. Although some are frozen, many Healthy Choice products (soups, microwave popcorn) keep in pantries, so if one were so inclined he or she could take the opportunity to really stock up on both food and miles.
Old Mar 26, 1999, 10:56 pm
Original Member

Thanks Counsellor for the tip. This is a great incentive to continue eating healthy and to continue collecting frequent flyer miles in the most easiest and cost effective manner. I better get off to Sloans(NYC grocery store)ASAP...
Till next time...
Mike

[This message has been edited by MIKE MAHONEY (edited 03-27-99).]
Old Mar 27, 1999, 2:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Where do you get the form?

This is great! I can get my sisters and their families to send me the UPC codes and receipts. And since AA has no limits, maybe I can get a volume discount deal and order a tractor trailer full of Healthy Choice frozen dinners.
Old Mar 27, 1999, 6:49 am
Original Member

Programs: CO Gold, AA Gold, HH Diamond, IC Plat Ambassador
Echo: where do you get the form?

It's not on their website
Old Mar 27, 1999, 7:14 am
Commander Catcop

Check your SUNDAY coupon sections in your newspapers (the ones with the colorful ads and cents off coupons.) THe Healthy CHoice form could be there.

Another possibility: Check on a package for the customer service/comment number which is generally open weekdays and ask them about the offer.

And of course check your supermarket's courtesy counter because a lot of the stores keep the order forms there so people take one and not 50.

Another savings tip: if You have a supermarket that has double or triple coupons you can pay even less for those miles!

How do it know all this? Well at some supermarkets in Jerzee I'm known as the "COUPON KING" (taking an average 10-15 coupons to the store per week!) The cashiers hide when they see me and my Harrod's cat bags approaching checkout!

Enjoy the miles folks! I don't use Healthy Choice (Maybe I should!)
Old Mar 27, 1999, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

I have a few extra copies and will check with "my source" to see about getting more. If you can't find them in the next week or so, e-mail me your U.S. address and I'll send you one ("while supplies last").
Old Mar 27, 1999, 7:50 pm

At first, I wondered why it says "double your miles". Then I remembered that bestfares.com recently posted in their members only area that this Healthy Choice promotion was for 500 miles per 10 items purchased, and runs from 4/1/99 to the end of the year. So I suppose the "double" for using Counsellor's certificates means doubling the 500 miles offered to the general public to 1000 miles and is limited to April 1st through May 31st ???
Old Mar 28, 1999, 12:43 am
Original Poster

So that's what they meant by "double" your miles. You know, when I first saw the certificate, I had dreams of my Mileage Plus and TWA accounts suddenly going to the very high six figures.

Anyway, I contacted "my source" and have been assured that I can get my hands on about 15 of the certificates, maybe more if need be. Apparently the pads containing them will be (are being) posted near the Healthy Choice displays in the frozen food sections of supermarkets. I have no idea whether this is regional, or select chains only, or what.

What I would suggest is that anyone who is interested check out his/her supermarket early next week, and also take Catman's advice and check the Sunday supplements in the papers today. If you come up empty, send me an e-mail with your U.S. address and I'll send you a form as long as they last.

[This message has been edited by Counsellor (edited 03-28-99).]
Old Mar 28, 1999, 8:43 am
Commander Catcop

I checked the coupon sections of three different newspapers (NYTimes, Daily News and Bergen Record) and did NOT find this certificate for Healthy CHoice.

Thanks COnsellor for offering the certificates.

It would be strange if this was regional since Healthy CHoice is sold nationwide.

If I come across any certificates I'll be more than happy to pass them on if Counsellor runs out.

Old Mar 28, 1999, 9:13 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Was in Safeway yesterday afternoon. NO Healthy Choice certificates anywhere.
Old Mar 30, 1999, 2:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: United 1k
Hopefully since the promotion offically starts on April 1
we'll see the advertising towards the end of this week.
Looks like I'll be eating a lot of healthy choice meatloaf. Yummmm.
Old Apr 4, 1999, 7:14 pm

healthychoice.com has now posted a copy of the certificate on their website.....but its the offer for 500 miles for ten proofs of purchase.....FYI
Old Apr 4, 1999, 7:53 pm
Original Member

Thanks Steve B for the update about the webpage for Healthy Choice !

Welcome Aboard!

Till next time...
Mike
Old Apr 4, 1999, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
Here is a link to their web site. Hope it helps
http://www.healthychoice.com/frequen...quentFlyer.cfx
Hope that fixed it. Thanks Counsellor

[This message has been edited by henwood (edited 04-05-99).]
Old Apr 5, 1999, 12:09 pm
Original Member

The offer on the website is from 4/1/99 to 12/31/99 for 500 miles per 10 UPCs.

FYI, you do not have to stockpile UPCs for one mailing as they will accept multiple mailings as you collect them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.