Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airway Pilots Seek To Oust CEO Walsh

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airway Pilots Seek To Oust CEO Walsh

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by kepiblanc
So, why dont the staff who are complaining write direct to Mr Walsh?

The answer is because they dont have the balls. That is why they hide behind this board.
Of course you don't know whether or not the staff have written to Mr Walsh. You are simply speculating that the BA staff on here are all simpering cowards without the courage of their convictions.

All I have been stating is that if they have such a problem with the way their airline is being run then speak to the man direct, don't slag him off behind his back on this board.
I believe you also said the pilots were clowns who shouldn't go outside their remit whilst levelling some unsubstantiated claims about perks and benefits.

If you are looking for a legitimate scapecoat try looking in the direction of the BAA for example !
You appear to be looking for a scapegoat yourself there, unlike the staff who can see exactly where the problems lie and who is responsible. Of course with no access to BA facilities and no inside knowledge you are not in a position to even identify the faults in the first place.

Quite frankly, any member of staff bad mouthing their employer on a public forum is a disgrace to the uniform and were I still in the Legion heads would indeed roll.
You are fast becoming a parody of yourself. Fortunately even BA management have no place for a skill set such as yours.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 6:42 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Someone please stop feeding the troll!!

It's a bit embarrassing
Old Apr 4, 2008, 3:04 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Exclamation Balls? Me?

Ian,

The answer is because they dont have the balls. That is why they hide behind this board. All I have been stating is that if they have such a problem with the way their airline is being run then speak to the man direct, don't slag him off behind his back on this board. Its easy to criticise when that person cannot reply. If you are looking for a legitimate scapecoat try looking in the direction of the BAA for example !

Quite frankly, any member of staff bad mouthing their employer on a public forum is a disgrace to the uniform and were I still in the Legion heads would indeed roll.

BTW Jumbo Martin Broughton is a non runner at the Nottinghamshire venue tomorrow.
Actually you are arrogant in your assumptions that none of us have. You have the effrontery to accuse us of using anonymity which you are using to hide behind right now. No, I don't have the balls, actually I never have but had you used the word guts do not think that we lack that either. Do you put your employee number on everything? I actually used my name. Do you think that my shares are issued as Pucci Galore? They can easily find out who I am through the share issues. If they slung me out on my ear tomorrow I will not starve, we have been too prudent for that. What you do not know (as I presume that you actually only registered when this got serious with BA) is that I was outed by BA Managment some time ago. Actually I have friends who are highly placed in BA Managment who have clearly kept their mouths shut as they know what would happen if anyone was not towing the party line. I do resent the fact that we are branded as cowards by posting on Flyertalk. It's a shame that you, Sir, do not read this Forum more often. There are a lot of people here who fly the airline more than I do. Granted there are cases of solopsism (this may be mis-spelt but I have been up most of the night looking after our customers) and complete nonsense posing as experiences on BA but this is a vein of gold if properly used. I have had wonderful feedback and input that have helped me tremedously. When we have management that hides in its offices when the wheels come off the wago - why should we show any more backbone than they do?

We are holding responsible the man who has told the world that the buck stops with him. I as a shareholder have written to Martin Broughton. I leant a long time ago that if pleased with the service tell your friends, if you are not pleased tell the Boss. We will not presumably be able to tell him anything as he is at the races which is of course where anyone who is the ultimate head of the board of an airline which has been through the worst week ever should be. I suppose that when the full service starts - we cannot say resumes as it never started - he will be up at Aintree. Let's get our priorities straight. Anyhow, we had a lot of annecdotal evidence from Aer Lingus how much notice would be taken of employees. Everything that we heard so far seems to have been fulfilled.

I have no fight with you as I think that I know you. I happen to love my job and this airline to bits. It could be the world's finest but we bow to the Shareholders first and the customers third. We cut and snip at all sort of the bits of service. We now refer the complaints to members of the Board as we are sick of defending when we happen to agree with the passengers. I have no axe to grind with sensible savings. We charge people a lot of money in our premium cabins and then take a staff member off the aircraft - for example.

Anyhow - I am treating this as serious rather than the mischief making as suggested by others. I suspect that you are far closer to Mr Broughton then the co-owner of a horse.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Why do you really think BA staff post on here in their own time? Is it maybe because they care with passion about their customers and BA. Don't you think we also take the time to feed back issues highlighted on here. Do you really think BA don't know who we are (I'm not that stupid) It was highlighted to us only this week on the staff Intranet that the PR and Brands department monitor FT daily. Pucci is too much of a lady to say so herself but her "balls"
are in no doubt.
CIHY
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
... I suspect that you are far closer to Mr Broughton then the co-owner of a horse.
I suspect so too, and despite that - or is it because of that - he STILL can't come up with one single piece of evidence to back his assertion that WW is doing a good job.. Now why would that be?
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Why do you really think BA staff post on here in their own time? Is it maybe because they care with passion about their customers and BA. Don't you think we also take the time to feed back issues highlighted on here. Do you really think BA don't know who we are (I'm not that stupid) It was highlighted to us only this week on the staff Intranet that the PR and Brands department monitor FT daily. Pucci is too much of a lady to say so herself but her "balls"
are in no doubt.
CIHY
CIHY (and Pucci and all other staff here), I think all of us (well, obviously there's a few exceptions) value all staff contributions to FT with your wit and insight. FT would not be the same without you. I cannot think of any post by a staff member that might have been written with anything but the company/ shareholder/ customer interest at heart (to the extent that those 3 are aligned).

Of course we may not always agree with everything everyone says all of the time, the world is far too complex for that. But I sincerely hope that this doesn't mean the company goes on a witch hunt for staff members who say things management doesn't agree with. That would indeed be petty and sad.

As for brand and PR monitoring FT, that can only be a good thing. We offer a very valuable feedback about customer sentiments and many companies worldwide routinely monitor user forums for precisely that reason. I'm glad BA does the same.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Cyba
CIHY (and Pucci and all other staff here), I think all of us (well, obviously there's a few exceptions) value all staff contributions to FT with your wit and insight. FT would not be the same without you. I cannot think of any post by a staff member that might have been written with anything but the company/ shareholder/ customer interest at heart (to the extent that those 3 are aligned).

Of course we may not always agree with everything everyone says all of the time, the world is far too complex for that. But I sincerely hope that this doesn't mean the company goes on a witch hunt for staff members who say things management doesn't agree with. That would indeed be petty and sad.

As for brand and PR monitoring FT, that can only be a good thing. We offer a very valuable feedback about customer sentiments and many companies worldwide routinely monitor user forums for precisely that reason. I'm glad BA does the same.
Thank you for your kind words. As far as I know, BA haven't carried out any "witch hunt" and I hope like you they feel we give a useful service and show a more human side of BA.
CIHY
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:36 am

You are a dear! Thank you for that. I would add that this Lady will keep with this board as long as it has room for and time for her.

I rather think that I must get on with the TFTG in preparation - we all deserve a bit of something a bit more BA Forum like.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:42 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
You are a dear! Thank you for that. I would add that this Lady will keep with this board as long as it has room for and time for her.

I rather think that I must get on with the TFTG in preparation - we all deserve a bit of something a bit more BA Forum like.
Perhaps we all don't say it enough but I am sure most here very much appreciate the effort BA staff members go to on this forum.

Whether we always agree is of little matter but the fact that you post at all shows how much you care about us the passengers and your airline. I for one really appreciate the insight and information provided by the BA staff and this would be only half a forum if BA staff stopped posting.

I would like to state my sincerest thanks to all BA staff that post to this forum and do hope that you stay around.

And Yes dear it is time for another TFTG - I also think I have some work to do on the MUCCI thread.

Last edited by Moomba; Apr 4, 2008 at 4:50 am
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:49 am

Yeah
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:56 am

Yeah
Moomba - can you add Cyba to the ranks please? HIDDY will say that he is crawling - personally I think that he look great on all fours!!

And thank you Sweetheart for those kind words.

Now this Girl must get some sleep I've been up all night and feel as though I am being held together by hairspray.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Just realised that kepiblanc has a very similar posting style to another recently suspended troll

Anyone guess who?

Cheers,
Rick
Old Apr 4, 2008, 6:04 am

Ian,

The answer is because they dont have the balls.

But they have, and they do write to him!

Quick book recommendation for people interested in leadership, airlines and/or Continental:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0471248355/

When is Martin's birthday?
Old Apr 4, 2008, 6:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Just realised that kepiblanc has a very similar posting style to another recently suspended troll

Anyone guess who?

Cheers,
Rick
We've got so many at the moment, it is rather hard keeping track...

<pictures Shuttle-Bored, Prospero and ScottC trying to get the little buggers out from under the stairs>

I suppose the ultimate troll and duplicate handle identification guide would be frowned on by the PTB
Old Apr 4, 2008, 6:24 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by fraisse10
I suspect so too, and despite that - or is it because of that - he STILL can't come up with one single piece of evidence to back his assertion that WW is doing a good job.. Now why would that be?
Well ....... in fairness ..... ... WW has managed to make what many of us thought might be at least a £50m+ problem into one costing only £16m. So I guess trashing £34m less makes him less bad but not quite good?!

And he has galvanised us into an alliance for the first time that has no sympathy for two luggage-losers! The Model and the DJ!

Every Gold has a cloudy lining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.