Wiki Posts
Search

1 Sept 06 price rise

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:57 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
2) Europe-xAsia-SWP-Asia is now prohibited.
If true, then clearly we're missing:

3. EK to join OW, thus permitting direct DXB-Oz services
and/or
4. QF to launch non-stop LHR-SYD service

Last edited by SLF; Aug 29, 2006 at 11:05 am
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:27 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
I got rumor of routing rule changed.

1) Sudan (KRT) is added to ex-UK prohibited longhaul routes.

Can anyone confirm, or deny ?
If #2 is true then I am very glad that I'm paying for my DONE4 -- which does exactly that -- tomorrow!
Old Aug 30, 2006, 7:51 am

Location: Based in London but away ~4 months a year, often in Bali
Programs: AA EXP
I'm in Pakistan and was expecting to buy a DONE4 but BA's local office are insisting that because my flight leaves after Sept 1st the new fare (exactly 10% more) applies. Cathay's local office is meanwhile claiming that the new fare applied from Aug 1st. Grrr. So much for the low cost being worth risking the joy of US immigration straight after here.

Hopefully I can find some European or Hong Kong office to over-ride the pricing stance in the local office. One day left
Old Aug 30, 2006, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by manar
I'm in Pakistan and was expecting to buy a DONE4 but BA's local office are insisting that because my flight leaves after Sept 1st the new fare (exactly 10% more) applies. Cathay's local office is meanwhile claiming that the new fare applied from Aug 1st. Grrr. So much for the low cost being worth risking the joy of US immigration straight after here.

Hopefully I can find some European or Hong Kong office to over-ride the pricing stance in the local office. One day left
Re Cathay: "something" happened on 1 Aug - I was in the throes of ticketing ex-CMB in late July and they urged me to get it done before 1 Aug because "taxes were increasing". Perhaps that's the event that's confusing them there in Pakistan.

Re BA: in many ways they've become the real PITA in ONE issues. One could guess that BA management is at odds with OW regarding that product, and they're generally making up their own rules. I wouldn't be totally surprised to see the xONEx fare disappear altogether in the coming year. But ...dik?
Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:10 am

I don't think it is management, it looks to me more like 'attitude' at the agent level: to paraphrase you: ...dyk, you are merely a pax. Then again, it's hardly a BA thing... ever tried to suggest to a LAN agent they are, er, wrong?
Old Aug 30, 2006, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by JohnAx
before 1 Aug because "taxes were increasing".
That was the fuel tax, which did indeed go up again for CX on 1 August.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 6:10 pm

Well I did get quoted a healthy 850+ USD for taxes (DONE4) which was a bit of a shock but the base fare was very specificically quoted as a new rate (340, 560 PAK Rupees FWIW) with the old rate (309,600) quoted as invalid from Aug 1st.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I got rumor of routing rule changed.

1) Sudan (KRT) is added to ex-UK prohibited longhaul routes.

Can anyone confirm, or deny ?
Depends on where you heard rumour #2.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 1:18 pm

Just in case someone hits this thread when looking for ticketing out of Pakistan. I'm a loon and didn't notice AA has a ticketing agent here. I just rang up the aa rtw helpdesk within 4 hours I'm ready to ticket. AA really are head and shoulders above other carriers for xONEx ticketing

Alas those three hours were out of working hours here so we'll see if the 24 hour price validity claimed by the helpdesk (when I mentioned the imminent fare increase) means I can ticket on Sept 1st at Aug 31st prices.

If they can price it from somewhere, surely AA could just let you pay over the phone for e-tickets? (though my ticket is a paper ticket, I'd happily factor in a re-route to be sure to avoid the $500 price hike)

BTW the agents in Pakistan (*) have been fantastic. They have to get everything validated by AA as they are just agents but they left someone with me for 2 hours after their office closing hours to try and get the ticketing done today (waiting on Dublin to price and validate the fare).

Update on Sept 1st: the GSA is happy to issue the ticket at the stated (Aug 31st) price anytime before my flight on Monday but unfortunately their system is not letting them print a 20 segment itin on their ATB paper stock and being a GSA they can't hand write it. They've sent it to Dublin asking for advice on how to get past the error message. Should have just gone with a trivial itin and re-issued after.

Update from mid-Sept: it all went a bit fubar but I discovered that the AA GSA's Karachi office (**) actually can issue paper tickets if pushed a little. I started from scratch and it worked relatively painlessly for a 20 segment itin. Rang AA reservations UK (timezone issues were easier - the AA rtw helpdesk would have been better) and once I convinced them my route was valid (took a little back and forth but the telephone agent sitting in Ireland was excellent - calling me back several times on my Pakistan mobile number) it was just a case of wait for it to be priced.

The GSA then took my credit card details over the phone (they may have only been ok with taking this remotely as I'd been in the office several times) and wrote out the tickets waiting for me to collect an hours later etc. It's hands down the neatest hand written ticket I've ever seen - with interspaced prints outs with route information etc. I'm tempted to post a photo of it.

I mentioned in passing that a friend of a friend may wind up wanting a rtw too. Feel totally free to PM me if you try this route.

* -
Avari Travel Agencies Ltd.
4th Floor
402 Green Trust Tower
Blue Area
Islamabad
Phone: +92 (0)51-2827209/2273173

** -
Karachi
11, Avari Plaza
Sharea Faisal
Karachi
Pakistan
Phone: 9221-567-6567/6466

Both as per: http://www.aa.com/content/aboutUs/wh...pakistan.jhtml

Last edited by manar; Sep 22, 2006 at 9:04 pm
Old Aug 31, 2006, 1:56 pm

Oneworld Fare Increase

We have until 7 Sept to purchase a Circle Pacific LAX-MEL-AYQ-SYD-BNE-GLT-BNE-NRT-LAX pricing out now at about $5,775 business. Will this fare increase 1 Sept???? Thx
Old Aug 31, 2006, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by ncdaniels1947
We have until 7 Sept to purchase a Circle Pacific LAX-MEL-AYQ-SYD-BNE-GLT-BNE-NRT-LAX pricing out now at about $5,775 business. Will this fare increase 1 Sept???? Thx
I don't know, but posts #3 and #4 seem to suggest that Circle Pacific is not one of the fares being increased.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by ncdaniels1947
Read the thread instead of panicking...

Since when is LAX is in ASIA?
Old Aug 31, 2006, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by manar
Just in case someone hits this thread when looking for ticketing out of Pakistan. I'm a loon and didn't notice AA has a ticketing agent here. I just rang up the aa rtw helpdesk within 4 hours I'm ready to ticket. AA really are head and shoulders above other carriers for xONEx ticketing

Alas those three hours were out of working hours here so we'll see if the 24 hour price validity claimed by the helpdesk (when I mentioned the imminent fare increase) means I can ticket on Sept 1st at Aug 31st prices.

If they can price it from somewhere, surely AA could just let you pay over the phone for e-tickets? (though my ticket is a paper ticket, I'd happily factor in a re-route to be sure to avoid the $500 price hike)

BTW the agents in Pakistan (*) have been fantastic. They have to get everything validated by AA as they are just agents but they left someone with me for 2 hours after their office closing hours to try and get the ticketing done today (waiting on Dublin to price and validate the fare).

* -
4th Floor
402 Green Trust Tower
Blue Area
Islamabad
Phone: +92 (0)51-2827209/2273173

As per: http://www.aa.com/content/aboutUs/wh...pakistan.jhtml
Thanks for an enormously useful post, and good luck on the pricing holding until dawn!

Six months ago I spent a lot of time emailing, faxing, and calling from the U.S. trying to ticket an xONEx out of the (then) cheaper middle east countries and came up absolutely dry. The BA and BMED offices in the region never bothered to return communications, nor did the gsa-type agencies I dug out of the Internet. So having a responsive contact in the region is a treasure.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Read the thread instead of panicking...

Since when is LAX is in ASIA?
Grumpy, grumpy.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 9:07 pm

Ticketing 20 segment itins in Pakistan

Maybe should be a new one post info thread or if the wiki is getting traction then something for there - but since I posted about it here before, I've update my earlier post in this thread with the details on how I eventually did manage to ticket in Pakistan - not that painful in the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.