Search

Airpoints news January 2006

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2006, 6:03 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Airpoints news January 2006

I dont think I've seen any of this on FT yet - stumbled across it on http://www.airnz.co.nz/airpoints/air...ws/default.htm

Airbucks bookings are now upgradeable ^

As long as on NZ metal (and excluding awards in business obviously). All 3 types (confirmed, standby and complimentary aka e-voucher) are able to be used.

Standby, Complimentary and Confirmed Upgrades are now available in conjunction with Air New Zealand operated flights purchased with Airpoints Dollars (excluding Star Award redemptions and flights booked in X class).

bmi accruals reduce from 1 January 2006

No airbucks for international flights booked in G
No airbucks for "tiny" fares (see the BD forum - these arent all so tiny)
No airbucks for domestic and intra-europe flights booked in QVGOW
Old Jan 16, 2006, 9:56 pm

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald) + LTG
Good on yer Air NZ

This is a significant departure from other frequent flyer programmes. Good on Air NZ for its innovative strategies! ^ First came the 'airbucks' and every seat on every flight becoming available for award purchases and now this. Virgin Blue have been touting their 'Velocity' benefit of any seat on any plane as a premier initiative
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:59 am

Do you not remember commenting on the airbucks upgrade ? Link here

Unfortunately I've got worse news for readers which don't hit the NZ in the News thread...
Old Jan 17, 2006, 1:28 am

Programs: NZGE.... and bronze on every other program
Angry

[b]bmi accruals reduce from 1 January 2006 :

No airbucks for international flights booked in G
No airbucks for "tiny" fares (see the BD forum - these arent all so tiny)
No airbucks for domestic and intra-europe flights booked in QVGOW[/QUOTE]

In other words only double Airbucks when flying Premium Cattle on flights around Europe, coz I ain't ever seen a S,B,K or M code for quite a while (must admit to an H or 2).

And since even BMI give you 25% on QVGOW I guess the flights just go on the BMI account...
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:10 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ntddevsys
Do you not remember commenting on the airbucks upgrade ? Link here

Unfortunately I've got worse news for readers which don't hit the NZ in the News thread...
I had forgotten - when I see the date of the other post and lack of discussion I am not surprised. Anyway I'll try it out and let you know if it works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.