Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

"Due to the high demand for award seats to Europe"

"Due to the high demand for award seats to Europe"

Old Nov 30, 2005, 7:02 pm

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 10, 2007 at 10:04 am
Old Nov 30, 2005, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by vinnmann
Emphasis mine. You had better check again. I found ATL-VCE in BE on Aug 8 and AMS-JFK on Aug 16 in about 3 mins. That was checking only DL. A good agent could find you the connections to those international gateways and/or find better TATL flights for you pretty easily. I always love it when there is "no availability at any time" and I find availability in 5 mins.
Well, perhaps you should train the DL reps. Especially those who keep giving that answer time and time again.

I've had better luck finding award space first and then calling DL and giving them the exact flights. But some reps seem to hate that too.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 7:01 am

Deleted

Old Dec 1, 2005, 8:03 am

Deleted

Old Dec 1, 2005, 9:15 am

Programs: DL DM
ExpertFlyer, continental.com and nwa.com are all great sources for availability information. I've never not had luck finding at least something that is an option, though the routing can be zany. To get to Europe try routing on AF through Montreal, they almost always have seats open on those flights, and CO usually has good availability to LGW. Also, the new Delta flights such as JFK-DUB and ATL-NCE seem to be pretty open next summer. One caveat about DUB, if you connect there, no matter where you are going, you must clear Irish immigration, doesn't take long, but can be a hassle.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Platinum
My girlfriend and I tried to get flights from NYC to Italy for August 2006 and there was all kinds of hassles (partners have no avail, we have to fly back from VCE, waitlists are closed). Its pretty sad when you see zero availability for bizelite at 100K miles yet only one or two seats in that cabin have been taken. I drained all my miles on Delta just to get coach seats at inopportune dates/times. Great way to reward frequent flyers Delta!

Although maybe they needed to do this to stay in business, in which case we shouldn't complain. How much value could you get out of 50K miles if there is no airline to fly.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 10:27 am

Deleted

Old Dec 1, 2005, 11:07 am

Location: CTU/TFU(Chengdu, Sichuan, China) - MIG (Mianyang, Sichuan, China) - EWR/JFK/LGA/HPN (Great New York City Metro Area, NY, USA) - HVN/BDL (New Haven/Hartford, CT, USA)
Programs: UA 1MM/F9 Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; IHG Platinum; Choice Privileges Platinum
In the past two months, everyday morning I went to my office, I would check the award availability of ATL-LGW by DL or IAH-LGW by CO on May 20, 2006. Nothing is available so far. Hopefully some might open in the future.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 11:18 am
Suspended

For US-Europe awards, has a DL rep ever allowed for the routing to go US-South America-Europe calculated as US-Europe only?
Old Dec 1, 2005, 11:33 am

Deleted

Old Dec 1, 2005, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
For US-Europe awards, has a DL rep ever allowed for the routing to go US-South America-Europe calculated as US-Europe only?
I don't know about that, but I was once routed from ATL-CAI through SSN
Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:22 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Spiff
...on Delta and our partner carriers, seats may not be available. Ask your Delta representative about available fares to these destinations during this peak travel season..." <paraphrased>

Hey Delta! It's 29 November.

Peak season ended months ago. SLOW seaon is now officially underway; how about changing your phone message?
We got way OT here. The OP was about the DL phone message being outdated which in turn reflects poorly on DL. We have had ample "DL s*cks cuz I can't get award seats" threads.

But since we have gone OT, after a couple of quick calls to the exceptionally helpful agents at the partner awards desk in SLC, I got 2 SQ biz class JFK-FRA for May 2006. One direction is one date off of my preferred travel date and the other is exactly what I wanted. And the kicker is that the trip was planned and ticketed during the lifespan of this thread.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 12:02 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
I took the message to mean for the Summer of 2006!!

I knew I was late when I called last week with some flexibility to try to get to BC awards to Denmark for a 2 weeks vacation for my wife and oldest son in mid-to-late July.

Knew DL SLC-ATL-CPH was hopeless so called directly to the partner awards and wouldn't you know it, a very friendly agent got me two KLM tickets through NY and AMS, but on DL metal transatlantic within 2 days of our first choice departure/return dates - but maintaining the 2 week vacation.

I for one really can't complain.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
I took the message to mean for the Summer of 2006!!

I knew I was late when I called last week with some flexibility to try to get to BC awards to Denmark for a 2 weeks vacation for my wife and oldest son in mid-to-late July.

Knew DL SLC-ATL-CPH was hopeless so called directly to the partner awards and wouldn't you know it, a very friendly agent got me two KLM tickets through NY and AMS, but on DL metal transatlantic within 2 days of our first choice departure/return dates - but maintaining the 2 week vacation.

I for one really can't complain.
The AMS-CPH and AMS-ARN flights are generally not full to the brim or are being sold for cheap anyway in coach or having fare sales in business. If they were not available -- like what DL did to us last summer -- I'd be rather annoyed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.