Wiki Posts
Search

Gay DO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2005, 5:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Scott McDonald
I assume that the "o" stands for "offline". What does the "D" stand for? Also, is it pronounced "do" or "Dee Oh"?
This is why, I believe, GKG coined the term "gayla." If any of these questions can be answered, they are answered here:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...ghlight=origin
Old Aug 24, 2005, 7:01 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Darn. I'm in London right before - the last week in October (Good stuff at the Royal Ballet!)
Old Aug 24, 2005, 7:49 pm

ILuvParis,

Thank you for the link to the explanation!
Old Aug 24, 2005, 9:08 pm

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Actually, I think Comicwoman, the first and last "L" to attend a GLBT Do came up with the term "Gayla". I am sure someone (not me) interested in searching through the old FLL GLBT threads could find it.

As to the PSP Gayla III, March 31- April 2, 2006, I will say that we are actually starting to get some RSVP's for attending so we will secure the hotel and start to get some (more) legendary entertainment. Think something with a blender, a diving board and a very long extension cord for Friday. For Saturday, think ankle-weights, peroxide and feathers. (And now, possibly, a curling iron.) BTW, this is not a joke. TRUST ME.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Last edited by GoodKarmaGuy; Aug 24, 2005 at 9:19 pm Reason: add the url
Old Aug 24, 2005, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Premier
Originally Posted by GoodKarmaGuy
Sorry to hijack the thread.
No you're not... we know you way too well!
Old Aug 24, 2005, 9:29 pm

Wny not have a spring and a fall one? Or is that too much for this group of [fill in your blank]...
Old Aug 24, 2005, 11:32 pm

Actually, I think Comicwoman, the first and last "L" to attend a GLBT Do came up with the term "Gayla".
Now that you mention it, I believe you're correct. Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by Foady
Wny not have a spring and a fall one? Or is that too much for this group of [fill in your blank]...
I would be up for that! March is too far away from now! But unless GKG doesn't have a full-time job, I think it'd be tough to coordinate. Unless you're volunteering, Foady.....
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:31 pm

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
I have often thought having a Farm Gayla here in FVX but I don't want to hijack the Do's thing. As a matter of fact, others have pushed me on this Farm Do/Gayla thing but.. I d-u-n-n-o....

Anyway, we did have a GLBT Labor Day Do in PHL last year and I think it was well attended? I was not able to go, unfortunately.

The only problem with Do's is that you need a host( or hostess. ) The original one in FLL , done by umguy, really set the standard and was FUN. there were a few conflicts over where to have it at first. One or two folks kept STRONGLY recommending other cities but would not take the initiative. When umguy said, OK, let's do it here, there was some huffiness. But people will huff and puff and blow their OWN houses down! Haha.

The secret to a Do is to JUST DO IT. THEY WILL COME. If you get 5 people, then that is OK! One of my absolutely favorite Do's of all time was Sitges, Feb. '04. I could never compete with that one. And I think we had, like, 6 and 1/2 people?
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:53 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
One of my absolutely favorite Do's of all time was Sitges, Feb. '04. I could never compete with that one. And I think we had, like, 6 and 1/2 people?
There really just is no competition for a Do involving dumpster diving.

....and just because you kept sitting with other people doesnt mean you only count as half Joe
Old Aug 26, 2005, 8:35 am

The secret to a Do is to JUST DO IT. THEY WILL COME. If you get 5 people, then that is OK! One of my absolutely favorite Do's of all time was Sitges, Feb. '04. I could never compete with that one. And I think we had, like, 6 and 1/2 people?
and a 1/2? I wasn't that thin, was I?
Old Aug 26, 2005, 8:54 am

Programs: LH SEN, ME Cedar Miles Prestige
The only city I would come for a DO is...of course...BEY.

All other cities are not appealing anymore for me .-
Old Aug 26, 2005, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Unless you're volunteering, Foady.....
I volunteer RChavez...
Old Aug 26, 2005, 4:50 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
and a 1/2? I wasn't that thin, was I?
maybe he's counting all the clothes he brought as an attendee
Old Aug 26, 2005, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Foady
Foady I love you dearly, but I'm still not getting into a discussion with about filling in any blanks, yours or mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.