Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Part Two - Galileo: "THIS SERVICE HAS BEEN STOPPED!"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Part Two - Galileo: "THIS SERVICE HAS BEEN STOPPED!"?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2005, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by mm67
For me (ex. smile67) there were two reasons to build this "Availability Tool", first to test CRS access via program and second to help users for free. Now and during the work on it the second point is/was more important and i'm very thankful for many many mails and comments (mostly good - sometimes bad, both ok).
At the moment i don't know how long this tool will work, i'm just looking (more or less) for a new job, so perhaps i'm not able to keep it up (it's not my CRS/server, only my software). Don't know what the future brings, but don't worry if someone kills my server-application which handles the requests of this tool - there are other good possibilities to request availability too.

Ok, thanks for using this tool and best regards
Matthias
will be in germany in two weeks setting up new educational venture please contact me
Old Feb 20, 2005, 4:21 pm

Smile

thank kvs. how would one contact mathias?
Old Feb 22, 2005, 3:23 pm

Programs: AF Platinum for life, Star Alliance Gold (Tap Air portugal) Emirates Gold
Matthias's Reply : Sad News

Originally Posted by martino
thank kvs. how would one contact mathias?
Just posted the the message on another thread. Matthias just sent me a really nice mail but with no good news...this is unfortunately the end of Matthias' fantastic availabilty tool.: aeroplan.de did not wish to pursue the availabilty tool, plus furthermore Matthias will be changing jobs in the future...well a few internal problems WHICH MEANS THIS IS THE END MY FRIEND. He suggested we try KVS...(any info anyone ?).
Well a HUGE thank you to Matthias, we have been really spoilt and it is really tough to live without AVAILABILITY TOOL 1.64
thank you Matthias !
Old Feb 23, 2005, 5:48 am

Programs: formerly UA GS, now lowly MM lifetime gold :(
Perhaps matthias can share his server app and source code with somebody who has access to a crs? Maybe expertflyer.com or somebody who has become their own travel agent can take it over??
Old Feb 23, 2005, 10:15 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Unhappy Sad news indeed

Originally Posted by bernardo59
...well a few internal problems WHICH MEANS THIS IS THE END MY FRIEND. He suggested we try KVS...(any info anyone ?).
Well a HUGE thank you to Matthias, we have been really spoilt and it is really tough to live without AVAILABILITY TOOL 1.64
thank you Matthias !
Well I'm shattered! I loved that tool!

KVS is great but no hidden fare buckets and tortuous access to seat plans. Signed up for Expertflyer and promptly un-signed up - no hidden fare buckets or seat plans for SA (ok so that won't be a big problem for the rest of you but is is for me).

Come back soon Matthias!! And thanks a ton - it was great while it lasted. ^ ^ ^
Old Feb 23, 2005, 11:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Thanks mathias it was great while it lasted! ^
Old Feb 23, 2005, 11:54 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
I think Mathias deserves a special "Freddy" for his fantastic tool. If anybody in Germany can help him it would be great. To be honest, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Thanks. The avail. tool helped me on more than 1 occasion.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 12:05 pm

Did sign up for ExpertFlyer.

Very satisfied.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 9:10 pm

Programs: QFF
many thanks for your assistance Matthias, it was great while it lasted
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
....or seat plans for SA (ok so that won't be a big problem for the rest of you but is is for me).
This might be of help to you. As of the 25th Feb ExpertFlyer have now got seatmaps for SA, any many other airlines have also been added since the 25th. Here is the Full List

https://www.expertflyer.com/seatmaps.pdf

Hope this helps you.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
KVS is a useful tool, but seems to frequently display incorrect info in several buckets I've noticed, e.g. AS "U", TN "A".
Old Mar 6, 2005, 10:50 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gleff
KVS is a useful tool, but seems to frequently display incorrect info in several buckets I've noticed, e.g. AS "U", TN "A".
There are 3 distinct access methods/data sources that the tool is capable of accessing. Some methods work better for certain airlines. There is also the Point-Of-Sale factor which may affect availability displayed.

It is very unlikely that all 3 methods would display inaccurate data...
Old Mar 6, 2005, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by KVS
There are 3 distinct access methods/data sources that the tool is capable of accessing. Some methods work better for certain airlines. There is also the Point-Of-Sale factor which may affect availability displayed.

It is very unlikely that all 3 methods would display inaccurate data...
Alas, only one of the 3 methods reliably pulls up the AS and TN flights I was referencing above. Sabre: ITN/CWT is unreliable for AS A class, while Smile's tool and the Aeroplan site accessed via bedelman's interface use to provide accurate data.

Might well be POS issues referenced above, as Sabre: ITN/CWT always displays fewer seats than the other methods rather than incorrectly displaying more seats, though with TN I'd somewhat doubt that's the issue.

Anyway, I really appreciate and value the tool -- just pointing out an oddity.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 11:52 am

Programs: AA, CX, Marriott Rewards, SPG, HHonors
I'm can't seem to get KVS Availability tool to work today?

The KVS availability tool stopped working today for some reason. Can someone else try to use it and confirm if it's working for you or not? Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 2:59 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ITN.net [Temporarily] Down: 07 Mar 2005

Originally Posted by SNAPLT
The KVS availability tool stopped working today for some reason. Can someone else try to use it and confirm if it's working for you or not? Thanks.
As I've just posted in the KVS Availability Tool Master Thread:

At the moment, ITN.net appears to be down for some reason.

This outage impacts not only the tool, but also most of the functionality of United's website as discussed in this UA thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.