Reload this Page >

A few flights to end 2011

A few flights to end 2011

Old Dec 30, 2011, 2:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
MIAMI transit #2

Another day, another Miami transit. What would the immigration lottery bring up today? Queues, but not as bad as the first arrival. It was a mere 60 minutes before I was through immigration, and a couple of minutes later through customs as well.

Since I had plenty of time before check in opened I wandered the terminal. As I past the desks for the airline of the next flight I noted the time that check in opened. Crud it is even later than I'd supposed. Oh well, I have time to walk several laps of the terminal to get some exercise in before the long flights over the next several days. A small consolation for the loss of a few hours of useful work.

During my wanderings I noted the moving walkways on 3rd level are hardly used. There are almost no seats in D, E & F areas on levels 2 (check in) or 3, but the J area has lots of good comfy seats as long as you don't mind no seat back (level 3 barely used but level 2 in high demand).

I also noted several airlines have kiosks to check in, but not my next airline. Nevertheless I made attempt number 3 to check in, at the American Airlines kiosks. I was surprised it didn't boot me out immediately but it recognised my next flight and asked for passport. For some reason the scan didn't take but it allowed manual entry. Then a bright yellow triangle with a message that my documents need to be checked. Crud, foiled again.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 2:18 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

This ends my American Airlines portion of the trip. I found them rather inconsistent. Some flights were great, some average and some not good. IFE was for the most part pathetic (better than none, but only just) - other than the 777 aircraft of course (which had full audio-visual on demand).

Meals were inconsistent, even for flights with similar length and departure time. Drinks were fairly average to poor, with some undrinkable. The best drinks were on the flight from Santo Domingo - the pinot grigio ran out very quickly and was replaced with a very drinkable sauvignon blanc (since it was not a NZ one it was not as tart as I'm used to but still very nice).

As with most airlines the service varied considerably depending on the crew.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 1:40 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Some great news. Just before boarding the latest flight I noticed I had over 60k points and availability of F8A8 for an upcoming flight. Now the availability on that flight is F7A7

Unfortunately I don't have time to post another instalment before my next flight, although I'll have more time later today or tomorrow.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Unfortunately I don't have time to post another instalment before my next flight, although I'll have more time later today or tomorrow.
Looking forward to it Kiwi Flyer, another epic trip.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:20 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

MIAMI to LONDON HEATHROW (MIA-LHR) on British Airways 747-400 (low J config) in business

When I arrived at check in there were long queues in economy and business, but no one in first. Check in opened a little later than stated on the monitors and first last of all. I was told I'd already been checked in by American Airlines. I don't know if this was from Panama or my failed attempt using the kiosks in Miami. Anyway it was no problem to reissue the boarding pass and also give me 2 more boarding passes for onward flights. A small wait while the agent checked the visa requirements for my next flight - she didn't trust the Timatic printout I offered after a couple of minutes of waiting.

I was lucky with security, just getting through as the nudeoscope started being used - the passenger behind me was unlucky.

I went up to the oneworld lounge. I think this is the nicest of the three OW lounges at Miami, certainly better food and drink. The downside is the lounge only opens at 1300 and is located in terminal E which is quite some distance from the low D gates. I asked for a shower at reception - I don't know why in USA and Europe showers are often locked in between uses whereas in Asia and Australasia you just grab the nearest empty one. I was just about finished in there when the alarms went. Oh please not a terminal dump. I dried off and got dressed. The alarms were still going. Out of the shower room people seemed to be continuing with normal activity and a few moments later the alarm was silenced. Phew.

I managed to do a bit of work, albeit less than I'd planned. On the third call for the flight I left and was farewelled by name by the reception staff. I timed my run perfectly as there was no queue at the gate (premium boarding was just finishing and economy yet to start) and straight into my seat.

Just after I'd gotten settled I offered to swap seats so a father and son could sit together. Pre-departure drinks were water, orange juice or champagne. Newspapers offered, and it was interesting to see the flight attendant name particular papers she thought each passenger would prefer. You had to ask for others if you wanted something else. In the magazine rack the business : life magazine was January 2012 edition despite the High Life edition being December 2011.

After take-off a hot towel, menu and amenity kits were handed out, drink and packet of nuts, meal orders taken. My IFE was broken, but fortunately a reboot fixed it with only a loss of 45 minutes viewing time.

I had dinner, drank, watched a movie, tried to sleep, drank, watched another movie, tried to sleep, drank, watched a tv program, drank, and finally got a few hours sleep.

I declined breakfast other than a coffee. We had strong tailwinds and so as a result spent over 20 minutes circling above southern England due to congestion at this early hour of day (around 0600). We did land a little early at the end of T5 B satellite.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:20 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

British Airways
Business Class menu
Miami to London Heathrow
December 2011

Dinner

Starters

Poached Maine lobster on an edamame and seaweed salad with Thai sweet chilli glaze *

Piquillo peppers with crumbled Gorgonzola, asparagus and truffled cream

Salad

Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main

Grilled fillet of beef with creamed spinach and roast Yukon potatoes with maitre d'hotel butter

Seared sea bass with morel mushroom and leek sauce, minted sun-dried tomato couscous and buttered broccolini *

Mainicotti pasta with roast butternut squash and lemon grass sauce

Chilled main course Caesar salad of lemon and herbed organic breast of chicken with petite Nicoise olives and white anchovies

Dessert

Elderflower cheese cake served with fresh raspberries

Rouge Affinee and Idiazabal cheese served with raisins on the vine

A selection of fruit

Varda chocolates

* "Well Being in the Air" selection - please refer to High Life for details.

We apologise if your first choice is not available.

For allergens, please ask your crew for more details.

Club Kitchen

Club Kitchen has been designed for you, as a space where you can come to stretch your legs and help yourself to a little treat or snack during your flight. We offer fresh fruits, chocolates and snacks. On our long-range flights, sandwiches and soups are available if you are looking for something more warming. You can also choose from a variety of soft drinks to keep you hydrated.

So don't hesitate and please come and visit. You'll find your Club Kitchen in the galley area.

Breakfast

Starters

Chilled fruit juice

A morning boost drink of guanabana, raspberry, cantaloup and wheat germ *

Fresh seasonal fruit *

Fruit yoghurt

Bakery

Warm bacon roll served with tomato ketchup

A selection of assorted breakfast pastries

The Bar

A complimentary bar service, including alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, is available throughout today's flight.

Aperitifs and Cocktails

Campari
Martini Dry
Cointreau
Southern Comfort
Smirnoff Blue
Massenez Creme de Cassis
Tanqueray
Gordon's Gin
Tia Maria
Baileys
Tio Pepe

Whiskies

Glenlivet 15-year-old Malt
Jack Daniel's
Johnnie Walker Black
Drambuie 15-year-old Speyside Malt Liqueur

Cognac

Otard VSOP Cognac

Beer

Grolsch Premium
Fuller's London Pride
Heineken

Soft Drinks

Coca-Cola
Diet Coca-Cola
Sprite
Sparkling Mineral Water
Tonic Water
Canada Dry
Bitter Lemon
Diet Tonic
Fanta Orange
Still Mineral Water
Soda Water

Juices

Apple
Tomato
Orange
Cranberry

Twinings Tea Room

A selection of refreshing teas and infusions including English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Pure Green Tea, Peppermint, Camomile and Cranberry, Raspberry and Elderflower.

Ground Coffee
Decaffeinated Coffee

11 DEC
048,206,208,218,226 CW
221C012 - ROT1

Wine List

Champagne
Champagne Cocktails

Kir Royale
Creme de Cassis gives this cocktail its distinctive taste

Buck's Fizz
Crisp dry champagne and naturally sweet orange juice

Taittinger Brut Reserve NV Champagne
Champagne Taittinger's origins date back to 1734, and today it is one of the few Champagne Houses to be owned and actively managed by the family named on the label; Pierre Taittinger acquired the House in the early 1930s. Taittinger Brut Reserve characterises the House style, which uses a high percentage of Chardonnay in the blend. Such Chardonnay dominance helps create a style of delicacy and finesse that merits the Gold Medal awarded at the Decanter World Wine Awards 2010. Its lean palate has considerable depth and elegance with a long, fresh finish making it a perfect aperitif.

White

Le G de Chateau Guiraud 2010, Bordeaux Blanc Sec, Bordeaux, France
Dry white from the famous Sauternes estate, which is the only estate in Sauternes to be farmed organically, this is barrel fermented to give richness and body. It shows vibrant floral character and hints of lime, lemon, grapefruit, and even mango and coconut. It is a worthy Silver Medal winner from the Concours Mondial de Sauvignon, and perfect with any of the starters or the fish dishes.

Baileyana Chardonnay 2009, Santa Barbara County, California, USA
Nestled between Santa Ynez and San Rafael Mountains, the Baileyana Winery is run by Catherine Niven, wife of one of the region's grape growing pioneers. Ripe, elegant and well balanced, this top Chardonnay was made by Burgundian-born Christian Roguenant from grapes grown in cool coastal vineyards. It shows gentle, creamy vanilla flavours with fresh stone fruit characters of nectarine and peach and a lingering finish. Great with risotto, pasta and chicken.

Red

Chateau Leydet-Valentin 2007, Saint-Emilion Grand Cru, Bordeaux, France
Frederic Leydet runs this estate which spans two appelations : Pomerol and Saint-Emilion. It has been in his family since the nineteenth century. His Saint-Emilion 2007 is a blend of predominantly Merlot and Cabernet Franc with a splash of Cabernet Sauvignon. It is well structured and aromatic, full-bodied and ripe with red fruits, sweet spices and prunes. Ideal with any of the beef dishes we are serving today.

La Crema Pinot Noir 2009, Sonoma Coast, California, USA
2009 was an excellent year for Pinot Noir along the Sonoma Coast, where the long, cool growing season produced wines of great character, depth and concentration. This one has been aged for seven and a half months in French oak creating a wine with layers of bramble fruits, spices, vanilla, smokiness and a smooth and refreshing finish. This style of Pinot goes well with fish and with the vegetarian options.

724W222 12/11

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 1, 2012 at 3:00 am
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:06 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

LONDON transit

The next 2 trains to take people from the B & C satellites to T5 both broke down, so a short wait and huge queues built up (lots of flights arrive just after 0600). The following 2 trains arrived within 20 seconds of each other but not everyone waiting made it on due to capacity limits.

Flight connection centre boarding pass check and security were both quick. The annoying forced walk past the shops to reach the lounge which is right beside security. I had a shower then a little work before the next flight. For those interested, the lounge champagnes were Bollinger Rose NV and Taittinger Brut Millesime 2004.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:08 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

British Airways
First Class menu
London Heathrow T3 & T5 Galleries First Lounge
December 2011

Breakfast 5 : 30am to noon

Please help yourself

For your convenience, there is a self-service buffet available for breakfast including freshly grilled bacon, buttery scrambled eggs, Cumberland pork sausages, grilled vine tomatoes and farmhouse toast.

Brought to your table

Please order via one of our lounge hosts

Traditional porridge oats served with honey and cinnamon

Cured kippers served with poached egg

Great British bacon buttie with HP sauce

Classic breakfast sandwich with grilled back bacon and fried egg on toasted wholemeal bloomer

Boiled eggs with toasted marmite soldiers

Seasonal fruit compote, granola and yoghurt

Hot Drinks

Barista-style coffee, premium tea selection and hot chocolate

The Refreshers

Fresh squeezes of the day, mineral waters and soft drinks

Rest of the Day noon to close

Please help yourself

For your convenience, there is a self-service buffet available serving a selection of fresh salads, hot dishes and indulgent treats

Brought to your table

Please order via one of our lounge hosts

Starter

Seasonal soup of the day served with crusty bread
Changes daily, please ask your lounge host for details

Salad of Ragstone Ash goat's cheese, heritage beetroots, toasted pine nuts, Secrett's farm leaves

Treat yourself

To a glass of Champagne or Bucks Fizz available at the bar

Main

Caesar salad
Served with your choice of grilled chicken or hot smoked Severn and Wye salmon

BA prime organic beef burger, Ford farm smoked cheese, potato wedges

Pressed club sandwich, British chicken, free range egg, Wiltshire cured bacon

Four cheese tortellini, courgettes, chard, lemon crumb

Dessert

Panna Cotta, bramble confit

Chocolate mousse, salted caramel, mandarin

Seasonal fruit salad

Selection of Cheese from the British Isles - Montgomery Cheddar, Gubbeen, Golden Cross goat's cheese, Wigmore, served with apple chutney, fig and quince
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:28 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

LONDON HEATHROW to ABU DHABI (LHR-AUH) on British Airways 777-200 in business

I headed to the gate in satellite B at the appropriate time to board just before the deadline. I noticed the gate was right next to the one I'd arrived at a couple of hours prior. Boarding hadn't even started when I reached the gate, and commenced about 10 minutes before scheduled departure. Load appeared to be fairly light, and indeed there were only about 6 or 8 in business class.

The usual pre-departure water, orange juice or champagne. Safety demonstration was manual.

After take off hot towel, amenity kit and menu were handed out.

The in-flight entertainment system on this aircraft G-ZZZC is archaic, like a relic from the 80s. Handset was a big clunky brick like a very early mobile phone. Sound quality was atrocious. Only looped movies, with 12 selections + air show. No description of what movies are in which channels. When they started the IFE some time after take-off it was already halfway through the movies. I gave up and left my screen on airshow while I read some reports.

In my experience when the load in a premium cabin is low the service tends to be either fantastic or terrible with little middle ground. Unfortunately today we drew the short straw. The flight attendants were more interested in their New Years Eve plans than in serving the passengers, and were badly distracted most of the flight. One passenger had to call to get their meal tray because they'd been left out, others were left out of a course, or drinks round, or picking up rubbish (e.g. the empty nut packet), or clearing trays away. It seemed like every passenger in the cabin got missed from at least one or two elements of service.

So not feeling the love of IFE or crew, and being uncomfortable thanks to excessively hot cabin temperature, I spent much of the flight catching up on sleep.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:35 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

British Airways
Business Class menu
London Heathrow to Abu Dhabi
December 2011

Lunch

Starters

Meze plate

Quickes Cheddar mousse with walnut crumble served with an orange and beetroot salad

Salad

Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette *

Main

Moroccan lamb curry with French beans with sesame seeds and sultana and almond rice
The meat used in preparation of this dish is certified Halal.

Loch Fyne lightly smoked salmon pave with herb cream sauce and lemon risotto

Wholemeal pasta with spinach veloute, roast leeks, squash and pine nuts

Chilled main course salad of thyme-roasted corn-fed chicken with red pesto potatoes and marinated peppers *

Dessert

White chocolate and ricotta mousse with fruits of the forest [not available - actually was plain cheese cake with berry coulis]

Normandy Camember and Denhay Cheddar served with chutney and biscuits

A selection of fruit

Chocolates

Club Kitchen

Club Kitchen has been designed for you, as a space where you can come to stretch your legs and help yourself to a little treat or snack during your flight. We offer fresh fruits, chocolates and snacks. On our long-range flights, sandwiches and soups are available if you are looking for something more warming. You can also choose from a variety of soft drinks to keep you hydrated.

So don't hesitate and please come and visit. You'll find your Club Kitchen in the galley area.

Afternoon Tea

Snacks

An individual selection of sandwiches featuring prawn mayonnaise, British chicken with rocket and Double Gloucester with slow-roasted tomatoes

Sweets

Plain or fruit scones served warm with clotted cream and strawberry preserves

The Bar

A complimentary bar service, including alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, is available throughout today's flight.

Aperitifs and Cocktails

Campari
Martini Dry
Cointreau
Southern Comfort
Smirnoff Blue
Massenez Creme de Cassis
Tanqueray
Gordon's Gin
Tia Maria
Baileys
Tio Pepe

Whiskies

Glenlivet 15-year-old Malt
Jack Daniel's
Johnnie Walker Black
Drambuie 15-year-old Speyside Malt Liqueur

Cognac

Otard VSOP Cognac

Beer

Grolsch Premium
Fuller's London Pride
Heineken

Soft Drinks

Coca-Cola
Diet Coca-Cola
Sprite
Sparkling Mineral Water
Tonic Water
Canada Dry
Bitter Lemon
Diet Tonic
Fanta Orange
Still Mineral Water
Soda Water

Juices

Apple
Tomato
Orange
Cranberry

Twinings Tea Room

A selection of refreshing teas and infusions including English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Pure Green Tea, Peppermint, Camomile and Cranberry, Raspberry and Elderflower.

Ground Coffee
Decaffeinated Coffee

11 DEC
73 CW
250C002 - ROT3

Wine List

Champagne
Champagne Cocktails

Kir Royale

Buck's Fizz

Champagne Taittinger's origins date back to 1734, and today it is one of the few Champagne Houses to be owned and actively managed by the family named on the label; Pierre Taittinger acquired the House in the early 1930s. Taittinger Brut Reserve characterises the House style, which uses a high percentage of Chardonnay in the blend. Such Chardonnay dominance helps create a style of delicacy and finesse that merits the Gold Medal awarded at the Decanter World Wine Awards 2010. Its lean palate has considerable depth and elegance with a long, fresh finish making it a perfect aperitif.

White

Chablis 1er Cru Vau de Vey 2009, Domaine Jean-Marc Brocard, Burgundy, France
This is a fine premier cru, dry and crisp, marked by the fresh citrus and ripe apple flavours and the characteristic notes of seashell and freshly cut hay that epitomise Chablis. A medal winner in the International Wine Challenge, it is from a top Domaine undergoing conversion to biodynamic production, hence the ladybird on the label. Brilliant as an aperitif or with any of the starters or fish dishes.

Point Peron Sauvignon Blanc/Semillon 2010, Margaret River, Western Australia
Winemaker Robert Bowen has helped establish and make wines from many of the finest vineyards in Western Australia over his 39-year career. His expressive example of a classic Margaret River blend has created a wine with gooseberry, passion fruit, dill and freshly mown hay characters balanced with lemon zest and a touch of white nectarine. Do try it with the chicken or vegetarian options.

Red

Les Fiefs de Lagrange 2007, Saint-Julien, Bordeaux, France
This is the second wine of the famous Chateau Lagrange that was classified as a Troisieme Cru Classe in the famous 1855 classification. A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot with a pinch of Petit Verdot the 2007 was matured in French oak barrels for 16 months to produce this rich, spicy, cherry, complex red that is ideal with any of the beef dishes we're serving today.

Jim Barry "The Lodge Hill" Shiraz 2009, Clare Valley, South Australia
A huge, rich, spicy red, almost black with lashings of blackberry, cassis and black cherry fruit, and with hints of eucalyptus and mocha, this wine fully merits its Silver Medal in the International Wine Challenge 2011. The cool breezes of the Clare Valley helped provide freshness and a floral perfume. Perfect to savour on its own or with cheese, this Shiraz goes brilliantly too, with any of the spicier dishes.

754W555 12/11

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 1, 2012 at 4:16 am
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:43 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

ABU DHABI to MUSCAT (AUH-MCT) on British Airways 777-200 in business

Through passengers have to remain onboard during the approximately 1 hour transit in Abu Dhabi. Most passengers disembarked and the few remaining passengers were asked to identify their bags in the overhead bins. I took the chance to stretch out.

The same cabin crew continue through to Muscat. 3 passengers joined us. That is 3 in total, not 3 in business class. The cabin service director decided to give the 3 new passengers a personal manual safety demonstration to skip doing it for the through passengers.

With a very light load and only a short flight our take-off roll was very short and the initial ascent was very steep. The flight time tonight was under 40 minutes so service was minimal - drinks & canapes. No menu.

We arrived early, but late in 2011.

Old Jan 1, 2012, 4:06 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

MUSCAT transit

3 buses for this light load seems overkill. The first bus is just for first and business class passengers. On arrival at the terminal turn left for transfers. There is a long queue at the transfer desk which is only manned by one agent. Luckily I already have my boarding pass and so can go straight to security and then down to the Premium Plaza lounge. Since I don't have a lounge invite card my boarding pass is photocopied but I'm allowed to enter. I catch up on some of this TR while fighting off sleep.

Old Jan 1, 2012, 4:13 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

MUSCAT to ABU DHABI (MCT-AUH) on British Airways 777-200 in business

Another security screening at the gate. A lot more passengers for the flight in this direction, many of whom were only flying as far as Abu Dhabi. I wonder whether fares are quite low given there are similarly timed options on other airlines on the same route.

3 buses again. This time the second was for premium passengers, so we had a short wait by the aircraft for the passengers on the first bus to complete boarding. 2012 commenced while we were in the bus.

The stands at Muscat are configured so that no pushback is required. We started early but spent 20 minutes holding short of the runway, apparently to complete paperwork.

In-flight snack was canapes with water or orange juice only. I dozed.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 4:15 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

ABU DHABI to LONDON HEATHROW (AUH-LHR) on British Airways 777-200 in business

The second onboard transit of the night at Abu Dhabi was much noisier than the first. Cleaning and recatering was done here. I thought only a few passengers joined the flight, but I must have missed the boarding in my tired state as later on I saw that the business class cabin was completely full. Availability was showing all 9s in first, business and premium economy just a day beforehand, so I wonder what happened. Perhaps a competitor's flight was cancelled?

Before departure drinks this time were water, orange juice and champagne. It is good to see normal service resume. Also handed out before take-off were water bottles, menus and amenity kit. We were asked if we wanted to eat for supper or breakfast, or both, so we wouldn't be woken unless we'd asked to be.

The supper service was quiet and I quickly got to sleep. I was woken by the noise for breakfast. Dang - only 4 hours sleep. I was hoping for more as I have a long day ahead before my next chance to sleep.

We were flying over London by 0600 but spent 30 minutes circling and thus arrived a little late. We pulled into a stand next to the end of C satellite of T5 and were taken by bus to the terminal (bypassing the train). With the first bus just for premium passengers it was probably about as quick by bus as it would have been if we'd pulled into a C gate.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 4:17 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

British Airways
Business Class menu
Abu Dhabi to London Heathrow
January 2012

Menu

Main

Mixed salad with mutabbal in a tomato cup with basil vinaigrette

or

An individual selection of sandwiches featuring grilled vegetable with cream cheese and tuna with cress

Dessert

Hot chocolate with warm chocolate chip cookies

A selection of fruit

Chocolates

Drinks

Ground coffee, decaffeinated coffee or tea

Selection of herbal teas includes green tea with jasmine, peppermint, blackcurrant and camomile with honey

Drinks

Complimentary bar service, including alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, is available throughout the flight. See wine list for today's selection.

Ground coffee, decaffeinated coffee or tea

Selection of herbal teas includes green tea with jasmine, peppermint, blackcurrant and camomile with honey

[yes this really is printed twice in the menu]

Club Kitchen

Please visit the galley area in between meal services, where light snacks and drinks will be available. Please ask the crew for drinks not on display.

If seated in the upper deck, you can visit the Club Kitchen downstairs.

Breakfast

Starters

Chilled fruit juice

An energising fruit smoothie of yoghurt, honey, strawberry and banana with cloverleaf honey

Fresh seasonal fruit

or

Cereal with milk and mango

Smoked trout and Feta in a grilled aubergine roll with mixed lettuce, cherry tomato and lemon wedge

Bakery

A selection of warm breads and breakfast pastries

Main

Scrambled eggs with chicken sausage, herbed tomato and paprika potato

Arabic scrambled egg in a herb pancake with ful medames and sauteed mushrooms

Mixed pepper egg muffin with tomato concassee, sauteed mushroom and hash-brown potatoes

Continental breakfast of smoked beef ham, olive and sun-dried tomato chicken roulade, Mozzarella, smoked cheese, mixed lettuce and grapes

12/11
72 CW
251S002 - ROT3

Wine List

Champagne
Champagne Cocktails

Kir Royale

Buck's Fizz

White

Chablis 1er Cru Vau de Vey 2009, Domaine Jean-Marc Brocard, Burgundy, France
This is a fine premier cru, dry and crisp, marked by the fresh citrus and ripe apple flavours and the characteristic notes of seashell and freshly cut hay that epitomise Chablis. A medal winner in the International Wine Challenge, it is from a top Domaine undergoing conversion to biodynamic production, hence the ladybird on the label. Brilliant as an aperitif or with any of the starters or fish dishes.

Point Peron Sauvignon Blanc/Semillon 2010, Margaret River, Western Australia
Winemaker Robert Bowen has helped establish and make wines from many of the finest vineyards in Western Australia over his 39-year career. His expressive example of a classic Margaret River blend has created a wine with gooseberry, passion fruit, dill and freshly mown hay characters balanced with lemon zest and a touch of white nectarine. Do try it with the chicken or vegetarian options.

Red

Les Fiefs de Lagrange 2007, Saint-Julien, Bordeaux, France
This is the second wine of the famous Chateau Lagrange that was classified as a Troisieme Cru Classe in the famous 1855 classification. A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot with a pinch of Petit Verdot the 2007 was matured in French oak barrels for 16 months to produce this rich, spicy, cherry, complex red that is ideal with any of the beef dishes we're serving today.

Jim Barry "The Lodge Hill" Shiraz 2009, Clare Valley, South Australia
A huge, rich, spicy red, almost black with lashings of blackberry, cassis and black cherry fruit, and with hints of eucalyptus and mocha, this wine fully merits its Silver Medal in the International Wine Challenge 2011. The cool breezes of the Clare Valley helped provide freshness and a floral perfume. Perfect to savour on its own or with cheese, this Shiraz goes brilliantly too, with any of the spicier dishes.

754W555 12/11

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.