Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Chivas, Tequila, Good Beer

If you get to the gate 5 minutes before boarding and shove your way to the head of SkyPriority line to board first then you might be a Kettle with Medallion Status.

If you sit in row 1 and put your feet on the bulkhead wall then you might be a Kettle with Medallion Status.

If you are in first class and bring fast food on board then you might be a Kettle with Medallion Status.

If you chastise the FA for not giving you a PDB after you are airborne then you might be a Kettle with Medallion Status.

@:-)
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PepeBorja
If you get to the gate 5 minutes before boarding and shove your way to the head of SkyPriority line to board first then you might be a Kettle with Medallion Status.

If you sit in row 1 and put your feet on the bulkhead wall then you might be a Kettle with Medallion Status.

If you are in first class and bring fast food on board then you might be a Kettle with Medallion Status.

If you chastise the FA for not giving you a PDB after you are airborne then you might be a Kettle with Medallion Status.

@:-)
Ill give you a B for effort.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Stop talking about me....

Only if you are wearing sandals and they are conveniently located on the floor

If you are in first class and bring fast food on board then you might be a Kettle with Medallion Status @:-)
Classic FO with the surprise BFU

AND, you know your a kettle with status if:

You fly once a year but have an Amex card...

Your three carryons fill the entire bin above Row 1 and you are in Row 29.

You are in Y on a T fare but assert that the bathroom in FC is yours to use because Delta didn't give you your earned upgrade
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
If you ask where to line up for Early Bird seating, you might be a Kettle with Medallion status.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by dickinson
If you ask where to line up for Early Bird seating, you might be a Kettle with Medallion status.
If you can't find the pole to stand by for "26F."
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL: PM/2MM; MHG; HH;
These make me chuckle.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
If you keep checking online to see where you stand on the upgrade list and all you see is 1 of 1, 4 of 4, 9 of 10, 14 of 16!!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Forgive me for my newbie question, but what is a "kettle"?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL MM, DL DM, Marriott PP
So, those who are not kettles are what? Professionals? Of sitting on their butts really well? Culture is something that has nothing to do with some freebee status.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
If you proudly display your SM/GM/PMDM bag tags on your bags in a way that everyone is sure to see how special you are, and God forbid it flip upside down so you flip it back over for easy viewing.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Or you could be allergic to say... mushrooms...
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nytraveller53
Forgive me for my newbie question, but what is a "kettle"?
Short for Ma, Pa and all the little Kettles. Used to describe inexperienced, infrequent travelers and their antics. Named after some old movies about the misadventures of some rather unsophisticated folks. I'm sure Wikipedia has an entry for Ma and Pa Kettle.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
You shove passed everyone in the SP line stating that you are in Zone 1. (everyone else is in FC)
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:30 pm

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Originally Posted by dickinson
Short for Ma, Pa and all the little Kettles. Used to describe inexperienced, infrequent travelers and their antics. Named after some old movies about the misadventures of some rather unsophisticated folks. I'm sure Wikipedia has an entry for Ma and Pa Kettle.
Oh jeez. I hope I'm not considered a "kettle"!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by nytraveller53
Oh jeez. I hope I'm not considered a "kettle"!
I grew up in KettleLand, but I am now much more sophisteacated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.