Search

10% off any AA flight with Student Advantage

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2009, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
10% off any AA flight with Student Advantage

MODERATOR'S NOTE

For the 2010 offer - Fly in 2011, see Post #30.
(Purchase 10/25/10-12/31/10, Travel 1/04/11-2/04/11, Blackout dates Feb 18-21.)
Booking Dates: October 25, 2010 - December 31, 2010

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Student Advantage, a discount card service, is offering 10% off any American Airlines flight (up to 4 passengers). Travel dates are 8/15/09-12/15/09, booked from 7/1/09-9/30/09.

You can join SA for $20 and they do not need any sort of proof that you are a student of any kind .

http://www.studentadvantage.com/disc...rd/pjp?id=9973

OFFER DETAILS

1 Eligible Travel: Applies to new reservations for one-way or round-trip* travel on American Airlines, excluding codeshare flights. Travel is valid from any American Airlines city in the 48 contiguous United States to any American Airlines destination in the world. Tickets must be purchased on AA.com between July 1, 2009 and no later than 11L59 p.m. CT, September 30, 2009. Promotion Code may be used only once for up to four (4) people in a single purchase.

Travel may begin August 15, 2009 and must be completed on/before December 15, 2009. Travel embargo dates apply and are subject to change at any time without notice. Travel not valid on the following dates: November 20 - 25, 2009 and November 28 - 30, 2009. This discount applies to all published fares and requires instant purchase; Promotion code may not be applied to previous reservations, placed on hold or purchased; discount will not be applied to any government or airport imposed taxes, fees or charges. Promotion code is valid for use on AA.com only and cannot be redeemed by calling American Airlines reservations or at American Airlines ticketing locations. AA.com Promotion codes cannot be reissued or replaced. A promotion code is transferable but may not be bartered or sold. For full terms and conditions about AA.com Promotion codes, refer to www.aa.com/promotioncode.

American Airlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection and AA.com are marks of American Airlines, Inc.

* Round-trip travel is defined as travel from your city TO the destination, and from the same destination back to the city where you originated travel with no deviations.

On Edit: It appears the link doesn't allow non-members to view the specific offer. I'll be happy to forward on the original email to anyone who PMs me.

Last edited by magic111; Nov 2, 2010 at 7:53 am Reason: added mod note
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:51 am

Thanks -- confirmed, one-time 10% code available.

For those on the fence, the Student Advantage card also provides 10% off all Amtrak tickets you purchase, so for some people (east coasters in particular) it can more than pay for itself.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rbessler
Thanks -- confirmed, one-time 10% code available.

For those on the fence, the Student Advantage card also provides 10% off all Amtrak tickets you purchase, so for some people (east coasters in particular) it can more than pay for itself.
Amtrak is the reason that I originally got the card a few years ago. 15% off all Acela tickets and 10% off anything else Amtrak. I paid $50 for a 4 year membership and it paid for itself very quickly.

If anyone is joining for the AA promo code, I would appreciate if I could recommend you (I get a referral bonus). Just PM me with your email!

Mods, please delete and accept my apologies if I am in violation of the TOS.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Does anyone know if you get a 4 year card, that you will get a 10% off AA yearly or just a one time thing?
Old Jul 3, 2009, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chanp
Does anyone know if you get a 4 year card, that you will get a 10% off AA yearly or just a one time thing?
The promotions change all the time so there is sadly no guarantee that this will become a yearly thing.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:13 pm

Student Advantage Will Have 10% off AA Codes Starting 7/1/10

I was just checking around the Student Advantage website and saw this. I know it's a long time out, but maybe someone will find this useful.

10% OFF Flights at AA.com COMING SOON!

Starting July 1, 2010, you will be able to receive 10% OFF Flights at AA.com.

Mark your calendars because this is one promotion you will not want to miss!

OFFER DETAILS

1 Eligible Travel: Applies to new reservations for one-way or round-trip* travel on American Airlines, excluding codeshare flights. Travel is valid from any American Airlines city in the 48 contiguous United States to any American Airlines destination in the world. Tickets must be purchased on AA.com between July 1, 2010 and no later than 11L59 p.m. CT, September 30, 2010.

Travel may begin August 16, 2010 and must be completed on/before December 16, 2010. Travel embargo dates apply and are subject to change at any time without notice. Travel not valid on the following dates: November 19 - 24, 2010 and November 27 - 29, 2010. This discount applies to all published fares and requires instant purchase; Promotion code may not be applied to previous reservations, placed on hold or purchased; discount will not be applied to any government or airport imposed taxes, fees or charges. Promotion code is valid for use on AA.com only and cannot be redeemed by calling American Airlines reservations or at American Airlines ticketing locations. AA.com Promotion codes cannot be reissued or replaced. A promotion code is transferable but may not be bartered or sold. For full terms and conditions about AA.com Promotion codes, refer to www.aa.com/promotioncode.

American Airlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection and AA.com are registered marks of American Airlines, Inc.

* Round-trip travel is defined as travel from your city TO the destination, and from the same destination back to the city where you originated travel with no deviations.
http://www.studentadvantage.com/disc...rd/pjp?id=9975
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Good news for students.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Too bad Veterans Advantage only has deals with Continental. The AMTRAK offers are pretty much the same for seniors and AAA, iirc. Oh, and they have a deal for Greyhound.

This thread will probably be merged into another with discount offers / promos.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Will the code work if one is a "student of life"
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.5 MM, AA Concierge Key
Originally Posted by JDiver
Too bad Veterans Advantage only has deals with Continental. The AMTRAK offers are pretty much the same for seniors and AAA, iirc. Oh, and they have a deal for Greyhound.

This thread will probably be merged into another with discount offers / promos.
Yeah, Vet Advantage on Continental is a big 5% off! That's not even the tax! As a vet I find that almost insulting.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I guess one could save money with a one or two unit course at the local Community College, but I'm not so sure these days - tuition may be too high for that? But it seems that would count. Ts&Cs:

Student Advantage® Discount Card

The Student Advantage Discount Card is a fee-based program offered by Student Advantage that provides Cardholders with savings and benefits offered by participating sponsors online and at merchant locations serving college campuses in the United States.

1. Eligibility
Members of the academic community (part time and full time students, undergraduates and graduates, international students visiting, studying or working in the U.S., staff, full time and part time faculty, and administrators) who are 16 years old or older are eligible to purchase the Card. If you are under 18 years old, you must receive consent from your parent or guardian to be eligible. Student Advantage reserves the right to limit the availability of any Special Edition Cards to specific channels."

I doubt a serious FTer student of life will be deterred!

Originally Posted by magic111
Will the code work if one is a "student of life"
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
Would this be only one 10% off code available for Student Advantage members? Or would this be multiple/unlimited-use 10% off codes?
Old Feb 26, 2010, 1:08 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by doodley
Would this be only one 10% off code available for Student Advantage members? Or would this be multiple/unlimited-use 10% off codes?
Faculty and university/college staff and admin are also eligible for this card. 2 yr membership is $30 but they will refund $20 if you cancel within the first year.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Student Advantage has given a 10% off AA code twice in the past year. I started a thread about it when it was first announced if anyone cares to search for it.

The code is only usable once but you can sign up for additional memberships, as the savings can very likely be more than the membership fee. I paid $50 for a 4 year membership a few years back.

Oh, and they never verify if you are a student, faculty member, or anything of the sort. Not that I'm suggesting anyone do anything immoral...
Old Feb 26, 2010, 6:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
Originally Posted by njvandy
Student Advantage has given a 10% off AA code twice in the past year. I started a thread about it when it was first announced if anyone cares to search for it.

The code is only usable once but you can sign up for additional memberships, as the savings can very likely be more than the membership fee. I paid $50 for a 4 year membership a few years back.

Oh, and they never verify if you are a student, faculty member, or anything of the sort. Not that I'm suggesting anyone do anything immoral...
Thanks for the info. Typically, are there any restrictions for the 10% off code? For example, no multi-city itineraries, must be domestic flight, or base fare minimum?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.