Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVED - RUMOR - US Airways Bonus Miles to Return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2008, 4:55 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Don't think that SaveDividendMiles has been idly standing around!

1.6 billion registered miles is a lot to try and ignore!
Old Nov 19, 2008, 5:06 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Actually, I'll even make this prediction ..... The news from Dividend Miles will be retroactive for their elite members!
Old Nov 19, 2008, 5:14 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by Oxb
So, did something show up on the spreadsheets at the sandcastle?
Yeah, $54/barrel oil.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Actually, I'll even make this prediction ..... The news from Dividend Miles will be retroactive for their elite members!
I'll confirm that, since that's what the draft press release said before it was wisely edited by the OP.

Basically, the policy will mirror CO/AA/UA etc. Elites get 500 min plus elite bonuses.

Congrats, Randy on the efforts to help the brain trust in PHX see the light. You and the other orgranizers of this effort are to be commended. ^^

I'm thinking it's too little, too late, however. Seven straight quarters of the smallest unit revenue growth among the legacies demonstrates that the higher-paying elites have long since fled what looks like a sinking ship known as USAirways. Their replacements are not as willing to pay higher and higher fares as those who left (proven by the much higher unit revenue growth rates at other legacy airlines - where they are paying more and more).

One can only imagine what the boneheaded CEO has been thinking for all these months after slashing the elite benefits for DividendMiles members.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 5:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Smile This would be great news!

Well Randy, you called this some time back. Nicely done (hopefully).

Fingers are still crossed here.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 5:18 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Randy...too bad the rest cant be "retro-active":

1-F pitch of 2"
2-No IFE
3-F pitch of 2"
4-Reduction in F cabin sizes
5-No F meals unless you fly 10000000 miles nonstop
6-PHL and the "F"'ed up terminal
7-The general lack of concern from ANY mngt at US
8-5 lost bags in 2006, out of 11 checked bags (almost 50%)
9-PARKER!

They have lost my $60K domestic fullY/full F fare revenue FOREVER!
Old Nov 19, 2008, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Obviously a good choice by US here.

Dear Sandcastle People;

Please add more F seats, increase pitch, stop charging for sodas/coffee and take PP out of the DM program. Then, only then, I'll start spending money on you again.

Happy Holidays,
Ecotone
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
To be honest - I really don't care.

But we'll know tomorrow, according to OP.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:30 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
It's true but I agree it will take a lot more for US to win back customer loyalty.
https://wings.usairways.com/uswings
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:32 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
Yeap it's true

US Airways Reinstates Preferred Bonus Miles and Preferred Minimum Miles

Action includes retroactive credit for travel between May 1, 2008 and Nov. 19

November 19, 2008

Dear Fellow Employees:

I wanted to let you know about some important and exciting news we’ll be announcing tomorrow morning about our Dividend Miles Program frequent flyer program. Our Dividend Miles Program enables our customers to earn miles that can be redeemed for future travel and upgrades (among many other benefits).

Tomorrow we will be reinstating and providing retroactive credit for the following Dividend Miles member benefits:

* Preferred member Bonus Miles accrual
* Preferred member 500 minimum miles accrual
* US Airways Shuttle 500 minimum miles accrual for all members

Preferred Member Bonus Miles:

Beginning tomorrow (Nov. 20), Dividend Miles Preferred members will receive bonus miles commensurate with their Preferred status level. US Airways Dividend Miles members earn and retain Preferred status when they earn at least 25,000 Preferred-qualifying miles or 30 Preferred-qualifying segments within a calendar year. Retroactive credit will appear in Preferred members’ December Dividend Miles account statements for bonus-qualifying travel between August 6, 2008 and Nov. 19.

We have created the chart below to help explain the minimum requirements for the four Dividend Miles Program Preferred status membership levels. It also outlines the corresponding Bonus Miles accrual for each Preferred status tier.

US Airways Dividend Miles Program

Preferred Status Eligibility and Bonus Accruals

Preferred Status Level

Preferred Status Qualifications

Bonus Miles Premium

(bonus % of base miles earned)

Silver

25,000 annual flight miles, OR

30 annual flight segments

25%

Gold

50,000 annual flight miles, OR

60 annual flight segments

50%

Platinum

75,000 annual flight miles, OR

90 annual flight segments

75%

Chairman’s Preferred

100,000 annual flight miles, OR

120 annual flight segments

100%

500 Minimum Miles Accruals:

In addition to reinstating the 500 minimum miles accrual that Preferred members will receive for every segment flown, beginning tomorrow all Dividend Miles members will receive 500 minimum miles per segment on US Airways Shuttle flights (flights between Washington , New York and Boston ). Preferred and US Airways Shuttle 500 minimum miles accruals will be retroactively credited for qualifying flights taken between May 1, 2008 and Nov. 19. The retroactive credit will appear in members’ December Dividend Miles account statements.

Our Dividend Miles Program members are extremely important to us and these changes reflect our continued commitment to delivering the best product with the most value to our customers.

I have attached an FAQ (available on Wings and theHub) to help answer questions that you our customers may have about these program enhancements. Tomorrow morning (Nov. 20) we’ll be notifying Dividend Miles members and issuing a press release announcing this news. Thank you for your dedication and commitment to taking care of our customers.

Andrew Nocella

SVP, Marketing and Planning
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:33 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by jimmychang
It's true but I agree it will take a lot more for US to win back customer loyalty.
https://wings.usairways.com/uswings
^ Randy ^

It worked!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 12:00 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Hi All - I apologize very much for the confusion, but due to the multiple new threads related to this subject, the fact that these posts were made when this was still an unsubstantiated rumor, and the (now) lack of content in the OP's first post, I've split these posts off into a separate thread, leaving the post by DMInsider as the first post in the new merged thread on the subject.

I didn't want to delete your posts as they were relevant to the original post, but the whole pre-thread was causing too much confusion in the merged thread.

I hope you'll understand the reasons for doing so, and I do apologize for the confusion!

Sean

Last edited by AZ Travels the World; Nov 20, 2008 at 12:08 pm Reason: add link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.