Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Old Nov 5, 2008, 6:06 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by szg
But the visa is very expensive. But you saved it on the ticket costs !!
How about Turkey then? Must find out what the definition of Europe is according to LH @:-).

Just found on this page:

Flights to six destinations in China
  • Beijing from Ł514*
  • Delhi from Ł506*
  • Hong Kong from Ł516*
  • Mumbai/Bombay from Ł494*
  • Tokyo from Ł535*
* Economy Class return including taxes, fees and charges

I've been watching the news from the other side of the pond and failed to notice that the Chinese have annexed the rest of Asia!
Old Nov 5, 2008, 6:12 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

And another gem just below

Fly Business Jet to Dubai
  • Calgary from Ł2409*
  • Montreal from Ł2117*
  • Toronto from Ł2114*
  • Vancouver from Ł2406*
* Business Class return including taxes, fees and charges
Old Nov 5, 2008, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I thought the following message had been enhanced upon requalification of SENhood (which is now on display again since today):

"Status valid until:February 2012 "

"Your new Senator card will be sent to you before your existing Senator card expires."
Old Nov 5, 2008, 3:54 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I thought the following message had been enhanced upon requalification of SENhood (which is now on display again since today):

"Status valid until:February 2012 "

"Your new Senator card will be sent to you before your existing Senator card expires."
Thnx for the heads-up . Just checked my account and indeed this is the case. No new e-vouchers yet. However, I'm not worried since my next trip to Europe, in a couple if weeks, is on AF !
Old Nov 5, 2008, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andre1970
However, I'm not worried since my next trip to Europe, in a couple if weeks, is on AF !
My God ! Have you finally lost all your senses ?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 3:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
..., in a couple if weeks, is on AF !
AF just recently increased the mileage req for O awards...
Old Nov 5, 2008, 3:59 pm

Have you finally lost all your senses ?
Nope. If that were the case he'd fly US.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:03 pm

My account also shows "Status valid until: February 2012". A true enhancement ^

I can't wait to see what my "status barometer" will look like. At last it may confirm that I'm a SEN- And my "own personal virtual lounge" containing bonus mile promotions with impossible targets
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
And my "own personal virtual lounge" containing bonus mile promotions with impossible targets
Like "Do not earn more than 124 status miles within the next 4 months. Valid only in C on LH, LX and OS." ?

Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Triple3
Like "Do not earn more than 124 status miles within the next 4 months. Valid only in C on LH, LX and OS." ?

You can perhaps fly AF?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
My account also shows "Status valid until: February 2012". A true enhancement ^

I can't wait to see what my "status barometer" will look like. At last it may confirm that I'm a SEN- And my "own personal virtual lounge" containing bonus mile promotions with impossible targets
I'm all excited: Perhaps the 50k upgrade vouchers will be back soon too !
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:29 pm

My God ! Have you finally lost all your senses ?

You know the worst part? I flew the outbound yesterday (CDG-DTW) and I actually liked it!

I mean, I feel totally embarrassed to admit it but it was much better than your typical TATL C class experience on LH:

1. The brand new AF pier in (the favela airport) CDG for intercontinental flights is pretty humane.

2. Their business lounge over there is huuuuuge (I am not sure whether I was entitled to use it as a business class customer or as a CO Plat, I showed both and they told me I'm good to go). Food/snack/drink offerings are quite comparable to a SEN lounge (AF lounges have better (real ) cheese and wines/champagne)

3. I was almost alone in the section of the C cabin I was seated and the service was superb. Food was mediocre but I can say the same thing about LH C food anyway. On the upside, I tasted 3(!) different champagnes and some very good red wine.

4. The brand new terminal in DTW is very nice and pleasant and immigration/customs/baggage recheck/transfer was a breeze compared to my usual US gateways (JFK, EWR, ORD).

5. Highlight: AF planes feature an external live camera! You can see the take-off and landing of the aircraft live as if you were seated in the cockpit. After take-off the camera continues to shoot the landscapes you fly over! That, combined with the usual GPS flightshow is enough to have me totally glued to my screen and to that of my (empty) neighboring seat! ^

I had completely avoided Air France for the last 12 years, despite having CDG as one of my bases (spend about 3 months per year in Paris). I somehow decided to give them a shot again. I was not disappointed: among other things, AF lived up to their reputation. Upon arrival to DTW, my (hardcase) checked bag was broken!^
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Triple3
AF just recently increased the mileage req for O awards...
I have no AF miles, baby!

I was on a revenue ticket paid by my employers.

Last edited by andre1970; Nov 5, 2008 at 9:35 pm Reason: payed :rolleyes:
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have no AF miles, baby!

I was on a revenue ticket payed by my employers.
I am the proud owner of an AF / Flying Blue IVORY card !

...I have forgotten my Pin number for that account but hopefully the miles have expired by now ...
Old Nov 5, 2008, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
I am the proud owner of an AF / Flying Blue IVORY card !

...I have forgotten my Pin number for that account but hopefully the miles have expired by now ...
Same here.
Including the lost PIN.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.