FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ for Continental, OnePass and Life's Greater Mysteries
Old Feb 12, 2007, 9:13 pm
Continental FAQ

Programs: Continental OnePass
How Do I Earn Miles (Both EQM's and RDM's) On Virgin (VS)?

First, it is important to note that CO OnePass Members will only earn EQM's on flights that VS codeshares with CO. Currently, most VS flight from the USA to LHR and from LHR to the USA are codeshared with CO. In addition, VS' MCO-LGW-MCO and MCO-MAN-MCO flights are codeshared with CO. Note, however, that as VS adds new routes they do not automatically become codeshares with CO. It took several months for the ORD flight to add a CO code to it, and the newest IAD flight doesn't have one yet (4.18.08). If you are not sure, check the CO schedule, either online, in the pdf or in the downloadable version. If the flight is not listed in the CO schedule and operating with a CO flight number you will not get EQMs.

Note: As of July 19, 2008 VS18 (daytime flight EWR-LHR) and VS1 (4pm LHR-EWR) have had the CO codes removed from them as they are timed very close to the CO-operated flights.

Note 2: As of January 19, 2009, the late LAX flight no longer has a CO code. Additionally only one of the MCO-MAN/LGW flights seems to have a CO code, even in the summer when VS increases frequencies on those routes.

GREAT! I'M ON A CODESHARED VS FLIGHT... (see above)

HOW MANY CO EQMs & RDMs WILL I EARN?

If your ticket has a fare basis of J, D, Z, or R, you will earn 150% EQMs, 150% RDMs, and one elite point per segment.

If your ticket has a fare basis of W, Y, H, K, B, M, L, S or Q you will earn 100% EQMs, 100% RDMs, and one elite point per segment.

Economy Fare classes N, X & V discontinued for accrual effective December 1, 2008.

It is important to note that OnePass elites flying VS do not earn elite mileage bonuses on ANY VS flights.

In addition, one need not have purchased a VS ticket on co.com to earn CO EQMs and RDMs - even tickets purchased directly from VS earn CO EQMs (only on codeshares) and RDMs. Thus, if you wish to accrue OnePass miles be sure your VS flight is credited to your CO OnePass account rather than your VS Flying Club account.
BUT I AM SCHEDULED ON A VS FLIGHT THAT IS NOT A CO CODESHARE...

WILL I STILL EARN CO MILES FOR THE FLIGHT?

CO OnePass members will earn RDMs, but not EQMs, on VS flights that are not codeshared with CO. Also keep in mind that OnePass elite members will not earn any OnePass elite RDM bonus for ANY VS flight.

The following is an example of earning CO OnePass miles on a VS itinerary:
EWR-LHR-JNB in D (Business) class: a CO OnePass member would earn both 150% EQMs and 150% RDMs on the EWR-LHR segment, and 150% RDMs only on the LHR-JNB segment.

EWR-LHR-JNB in Q (Economy) class: a CO OnePass member would earn 100% EQMs and 100% RDMs on the EWR-LHR segment, and 100% RDMs only on the LHR-JNB segment.
I HAVE PURCHASED A VS PREMIUM ECONOMY TICKET...

WILL I RECEIVE ANY BONUS CO CO EQMs OR RDMs AS A RESULT THEREOF?

No. Currently, all VS Premium Economy fare classes earn only 100% CO EQMs/RDMs (with the caveat, of course, that a Premium Economy ticket only earns EQM's on a VS flight codeshared with CO).

Last edited by Continental FAQ; Oct 5, 2010 at 10:17 am