FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Perp Walk" from First Class to Coach Class Cabin
Old Mar 9, 2006, 9:30 am
DavidHatt

Programs: AA, UA, DL,
My perp walk on AA JFK-SFO

Hello FTers,

I was supposed to have been upgraded to business on a 3 class 767. But my connection from DCA to JFK was delayed sooo much that I had spring in my suit and laptop from T8 to T9. And, of course, I had to go through "attitude" I mean "security" at T9. AA was doing final boarding call... and, by all rights, AA gave away my seat. So I was stuck in coach.. first row. I was sweating and just ticked off. As I walked by my should-have-been-seat in business, I kinda' said "you got lucky because of my misforturn" (not outloud, mind you).

So, I plopped my butt in coach. I was ticked off. So, I decided to read my magazines that I brought with me -- Advocate, Out, Genre. And I made sure that people around me knew what I was reading. For some passengers, guys reading gay magazine make people squirm. I didn't care. I simply didn't care. C'mon, I'm ready for a fight.... c'mon.....

After takeoff, the flight attendant came up to me and said "there's plenty of room in the back." I looked back and the whole back end of the plane was empty. So, I gathered all my magazines, my carryon and went to the back of the plane. One of female flight attendants gave me a free drink and then another, I caught up with all my reading. I had the whole back end of the plane to myself.

I was a happy camper....

When we landed at SFO, as I was walking through business, I felt for sorry for them because that section was crowded whereas I had all the room in the world.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.... and then find someone with vodka.

David