FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best WBC seats on KL
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2005, 12:22 am
johan rebel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

777 : an aircraft I try to avoid. Should I have no alternative, I would go for row 3. This puts you midway between the two galleys, hence farthest away from the smell and the noise. Since it is anybody's guess whether the FA's will serve from front to back or vice versa, row three at least guarantees you won't be served last. It goes without saying that the infamous middle seat should be avoided.

MD11 : Row 1 or 2. Best WBC seats in the KL fleet by far. Just got off a flight from JRO and DAR, so I can confirm this from very recent experience. The only minor downside is the lack of overhead storage space in the forward C cabin. The acres of space compensate for that, though. Pitch must be over 70"!

744/74M : 4F and 4E. Both seats have aisle access, so nobody will ever have to clamber over you. There is storage space for any number of carry-ons right behind the seats, within easy reach. No getting up to rummage in overhead bins. The magazine rack is in front of you, on top of which you can place your meal tray if you don't want to wait for the FA to come around and collect it. No seats in front, so no reclining seatbacks.

Second choice would be emergency exit row window seats 77A and 77K. I prefer window to aisle because of the handy windowsill storage compartments.

Johan